The Bassline

snowball

No actually it's very easy.  Go to any forum, this one included, and you got tons of questions and answer about how to make a clean killer bassline.  It's not rocket sience. It's one or 2 notes drawn with your mouse in between the KIK's, a ftp downloaded preset from some standard synth, some EQ and compression turtorials from these mentioned forums and if you are really really advanced you use sidechanging but I doubt most know what it is anyways :)

And volila you got a killer bassline!

If it is so hard and "advanced" to make a killer bass then it puzzles me that so many untalented people suceed making it ;)

622076[/snapback]

Sidechains done, no factory presets used, the bassline is frikkin boring, but sound good with the rest of the groove...

Now, note the words... REST OF THE GROOVE ;)

Shadowing makes it sound good. The bassline doesn't have anything interesting going on anyway, plus the tone of the bass always goes nuts when something heavy comes in. ;)

Oh btw, I've tried my hand it and succeeded without a sweat already. No tutes linkage please ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care how difficult it is to create a killer, full-on, rolling bassline. If it makes music sound the same as everyone else's then it's not being creative, and is therefore not interesting. At Sonica this summer everything sounded the fucking same. It was so frustrating. All day and all night, for several days, the same fucking thing! I mean, how many times do I want to listen to or dance to essentially the same track? I would say that at this moment one's really going to need some serious drugs to enjoy the majority of the music being made in this genre, which wasn't the case before.

And now I hear Pleiadians doing the same thing everyone else is doing, and that's a big downer. Stupid! :angry:

I don't care how difficult it is to create a killer, full-on, rolling bassline. If it makes music sound the same as everyone else's then it's not being creative, and is therefore not interesting. At Sonica this summer everything sounded the fucking same. It was so frustrating. All day and all night, for several days, the same fucking thing! I mean, how many times do I want to listen to or dance to essentially the same track? I would say that at this moment one's really going to need some serious drugs to enjoy the majority of the music being made in this genre, which wasn't the case before.

And now I hear Pleiadians doing the same thing everyone else is doing, and that's a big downer. Stupid! :angry:

622117[/snapback]

They don´t do it since now, they do it longer yet, the Alcione (species RMX) is fucking fullon as many other new tracks. The worst thing is that EU also use the fucking awful killargh bassline, his style was so uniquie but now he use also the same awful bassline.

what an idiotic thread..

if you don't like that bassline well what the fuck is your problem then?

go quit listen to psytrance then becasue all the recent psytrance is about that bassline, except suomi, old school and progressive doesn't use it all the time..

personally i think it is very good, if you can cry on the bassline why don't you on the 4/4 kick?

for as far as i know every music under the same genre has some equal sounds or structures and in psytrance it is the 4/4 kick with the rolling bassline..

no problem you hate it, but is it needed to make a thread for it?

you can do these things:

1) stop listening to psytrance and look for something you do like

2) stop listening to the kbbbkbbbkbbbkbbb-trance and start listening to old school, prog or suomi.. if you already do so, your post was very useless

3) start making psytrance your own and make some decent basslines

again, i don't care you don't like the bassline, but I do care that you start actign like grandpa's who cry about the good old days or have to be pessimistic about everything, no-one say you HAVE to listen to this music is it?

622055[/snapback]

you dumb fuck. if its so idiotic as you eloquently put it,then what the fuck are you replying in it for?

i ask a simple question and show my dislike about that idiotic bassline and Mr.You-are-all-whiners here comes and plays good knight on a white fucking horse.

I mean look at yourself,you come here and insult me and my taste on music and then you write a goddamn speach about what i should do and what i shouldnt do.

Piss off, you (wanna-be) drama queen.

Yep, could be easily posted on Isratrance's new "Whiners" section.

622123[/snapback]

You can suck my dang-a-long

you dumb fuck. if its so idiotic as you eloquently put it,then  what the fuck are you replying in it for?

i ask a simple question and show my dislike about that idiotic bassline and Mr.You-are-all-whiners here comes and plays good knight on a white fucking horse.

I mean look at yourself,you come here and insult me and my taste on music and then you write a goddamn speach about what i should do and what i shouldnt do.

622125[/snapback]

I agree

You should burn those mp3s on a cd and get him to sign the cd-r. That would be so frikkin' awesome.

622101[/snapback]

haha, well, anyway, theres only one cd that was re-released and that is still available, so mp3s would be great :P

Every time you say "fucking", God destroys one Bulgarian mountain.

622122[/snapback]

:lol:

Yep, could be easily posted on Isratrance's new "Whiners" section.

Fucking yea.

622123[/snapback]

haha, one gone

you dumb fuck. if its so idiotic as you eloquently put it,then  what the fuck are you replying in it for?

622125[/snapback]

there you go, you wiped those fucking stepp muntions :lol:

again, i don't care you don't like the bassline, but I do care that you start actign like grandpa's who cry about the good old days or have to be pessimistic about everything, no-one say you HAVE to listen to this music is it?

622055[/snapback]

this is Psynews, my friend :lol:

(almost) fullon-free territory :)

Guest Elysium

Elysium why don´t you say thank you for my complimetns  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

622170[/snapback]

Thank you Radi.

When that is said. Stop idiolising artists mate. They are just ordinary people like yourself :)

You differ something, fullon isn´t psytrance, fullon is another musicgenre, oldschool is psytrance but fullon has ntothing to do with psytrance.

622059[/snapback]

Some full on falls under psytrance..

np:

Alien Project - Midnight Sun (GSM Remix)

imo one of the best full on tracks evargh made

Some full on falls under psytrance..

np:

622185[/snapback]

Very old Alien Project aktually isn´t that bad, the people can fly RMX isn´t soooooo bad ant their first albums but the bassline is a little bit different than the monotone killargh bassline.

622185[/snapback]

no...

no, seriously...

I hate that track <_<

You know what I think is a good fullon track?

Space Buddha - Acid Prophecy.

Kicks.

seriously

622125[/snapback]

If you read my post good you see that i don't comment your taste, but the way you whine on music, so in fact you are whining on other people their tastes and that's pretty arrogant

look i don't even care what you would do or should do, i was just saying if you don't like these basslines, then don't listen to them and stop trash-talking please..

really you frusto's seriously make me laugh

Thank you Radi. 

When that is said.  Stop idiolising artists mate. They are just ordinary people like yourself :)

622183[/snapback]

about idolising people. I read a really cool quote some days ago. It was a quote from a professional sporter.

anyway , he said: " i never idolised people but always the equipment they use"

wise words!

no...

no, seriously...

I hate that track <_<

You know what I think is a good fullon track?

Space Buddha - Acid Prophecy.

Kicks.

seriously

622192[/snapback]

ah well..

What do you think of the Aphid Moon - Global Culture album?

imo it's way more psy than most old school :)

the most underrated albums of last year..

There are two full on basslines.

The first is the bassline style used by morning full on artists the well known Astrix's clones. And yes it sucks!

The second is the aggressive bassline first created by Absolum and it's very good.

I know that most guys will think that they're the same, but for me is not. A 16th note bassline can be crap or great but the line between these terms are so close.

For example: an awesome aggressive bassline: Absolum-No Rush. One more: Audialize-Acid Boom, one more Twisted System-Artificial Intelligence.

And now a bad full on bassline: Almost everything from the Israeli full on style.

One more: the real problem is not that the bassline is bad or simple, but most of the times it has the main role in the track. If a track is filled with psychedelic sounds, maximal melodies, colorful effects etc. no one would care for the bad bass. For example there are many Goa classic tracks with super boring 1 note bassline but the rest of the track are so great that you don't even pay attention to the bass.

oh sorry, is this the full on sucks (Again) topic?! :D Comon people, if you dont like it, buy something else, go to other parties, boycott even talking about it. Dont like it? Leave it! :D If you got tired of something else, Re-Join!! :D

I think that most of the "Full ON" released today is pretty boring as well, but I dont buy it, and I certainly not go to the parties anymore. There will be changes though, and until then..... enjoy another style ;)