The Bassline

snowball

There are two full on basslines.

The first is the bassline style used by morning full on artists the well known Astrix's clones. And yes it sucks!

The second is the aggressive bassline first created by Absolum and it's very good.

I know that most guys will think that they're the same, but for me is not. A 16th note bassline can be crap or great but the line between these terms are so close.

For example: an awesome aggressive bassline: Absolum-No Rush. One more: Audialize-Acid Boom, one more Twisted System-Artificial Intelligence.

And now a bad full on bassline: Almost everything from the Israeli full on style.

One more: the real problem is not that the bassline is bad or simple, but most of the times it has the main role in the track. If a track is filled with psychedelic sounds, maximal melodies, colorful effects etc. no one would care for the bad bass. For example there are many Goa classic tracks with super boring 1 note bassline but the rest of the tracks are so great that you don't even pay attention to the bass.

622813[/snapback]

well said

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh sorry, is this the full on sucks (Again) topic?! :D Comon people, if you dont like it, buy something else, go to other parties, boycott even talking about it. Dont like it? Leave it! :D If you got tired of something else, Re-Join!! :D

I think that most of the "Full ON" released today is pretty boring as well, but I dont buy it, and I certainly not go to the parties anymore. There will be changes though, and until then..... enjoy another style ;)

622817[/snapback]

Wise talk :)

Wise talk  :)

622822[/snapback]

:) Danke mr. Ormion! :D And I do agree with you, that the bassline is not the only thing that makes a track. A boring bassline with other atmospheric sounds and leads around it, can indeed sound very cool.... :) It all depends how much you want the track to evolve around the bass or the maintheme... or if the bass IS the maintheme :) KBBBKBBBKBBBKBBB CAN sound pretty cool! :D

There are two full on basslines.

The first is the bassline style used by morning full on artists the well known Astrix's clones. And yes it sucks!

The second is the aggressive bassline first created by Absolum and it's very good.

I know that most guys will think that they're the same, but for me is not. A 16th note bassline can be crap or great but the line between these terms are so close.

For example: an awesome aggressive bassline: Absolum-No Rush. One more: Audialize-Acid Boom, one more Twisted System-Artificial Intelligence.

And now a bad full on bassline: Almost everything from the Israeli full on style.

One more: the real problem is not that the bassline is bad or simple, but most of the times it has the main role in the track. If a track is filled with psychedelic sounds, maximal melodies, colorful effects etc. no one would care for the bad bass. For example there are many Goa classic tracks with super boring 1 note bassline but the rest of the track are so great that you don't even pay attention to the bass.

622813[/snapback]

indeed 100% agree.. goatrance is great but most of the time the basslines are very boring, but that's because there is no focus on the bassline there

ah well..

What do you think of the Aphid Moon - Global Culture album?

imo it's way more psy than most old school :)

the most underrated albums of last year..

622308[/snapback]

I don't know the album to be honest ... but I have seen Aphid Moon live and was not that impressed...

there is great music out there, apart from "psytrance".

when goa appeared, all artists drew inspiration, etc by hearing all sorts of music. from rock to disco to early techno.

now, imHo, most psytrance artists dont have such broad knowledge of music so they will hear really nice basslines (or any other element) somewhere else and mix what they hear with their style in their new productions. how many young producers are there who listen only to psytrance and psychill for the last 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 years? i dont know, but i suspect a lot.

you might say this is not true. well, it surely is very far from the truth concerning some people. but its true enough for others.

we live in the epoch that we have trouble defining what "idm" is. because there is so diverse music in it. with influences from d&B, breakcore, industrial, trip-hop, etc, etc.

but there is no trouble whatsoever in defining psytrance. it sounds the same. and its not "the new kind of music, very different from everything else", like goa was.

personally, i have real trouble recognising any outside influence within the genre. maybe i'm being negative now, maybe its because i've stopped listening to psy the way i used to..  but i get the feeling psytrance is living in a bubble right now. how is innovation going to happen? (again, i havent heard all psytrance, there are exceptions, please tell me ;)

622034[/snapback]

plz read it again! hey unikos m8 egrapses...

the bass is an element of music . the bass acompains the following instruments that are coming afterwards. the bass is also the "base" where the whole song is going to be based (note base). modern goa has also a bassline , but im sure that what annoys u is those overplaying basslines that are playing too long , for example when 9minutes is only focused on showing u a bassline. there is good fullon and there is not , just like there is good music and bad music. infected mushroom has a bassline (at least i love their old albums) and its simply Art.

the bass is an element of music . the bass acompains the following instruments that are coming afterwards. the bass is also the "base" where the whole song is going to be based (note base). modern goa has also a bassline , but im sure that what annoys u is those overplaying basslines that are playing too long , for example when 9minutes is only focused on showing u a bassline. there is good fullon and there is not , just like there is good music and bad music. infected mushroom has a bassline (at least i love their old albums) and its simply Art.

625172[/snapback]

Word!

Why must every single "artist" these days use that goddamn awful piece of crap emetic disgusting repulsive killlargh fucking bassline.????

WHY??????????????????? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

620551[/snapback]

understand your opion, my imo

it's not the same bassline, all what sounds the same is proof you just don't like it or it's not your style,

older goa like goatrance is more variated obvious, allthough,

but within the new basslines there's always a difference (there are exeptions off course),

in each music scéne you have clones and bad music,

but the new fullon or dark whoever uses it requires more attention,

with old skool in the beginning it took like 15 times before I actually found the pattern and what made an album special,

with morning fullon for example that's still the same but it's layered down beneath a surface of direct satisfaction so people who don't listen to goa or analyse can jump right in...

and there it is where you quit, try to hold on and you'll notice there are many artist who already have done remarkble things with that bassline,

silicoun sound also, the kick and drive is never used before like in their debut album,

at the other hand alien project, astrix, melicia etc well you're right but that's their style, alien project for example even rips all the samples, astrix just copies guitarriffs from talamasca without one change,

the huge problem offcourse they all drown within the major releases a week,

but they exist the original, talented,

rastaliens is another one, very nice fullon bassline :)

but like rinkadink, ultravoice, lamat, digicult, sub 6 and many more have done a pretty good job with that bassline imo,

even new skool artists use them like filteria, radical distortion ;)

it's not the same bassline, all what sounds the same is proof you just don't like it or it's not your style,

625702[/snapback]

So true. Anything you don't like tends all to sound the same.

I don't like pop & to me it all sounds like the same old droning drivel, but idiots :P, sorry I mean some people love it & go on about different songs so obviously they hear something different. My dad loves fiddly diddly irish music but I cant tell the difference between one song and another & he cant with psy!

I quite like some full on but I must admit most of the time that baseline sounds the same to me.

most of the time that baseline sounds the same to me.

625948[/snapback]

same over here but imagine hypothetical,

in 2005 just estimating albums and compilations we had euhm pfff > 1000 releases

in 1996 we had not even 400 I guess,

well the difference is huge don't fix on the numbers I chosed,

but what if we had > 1000 releases in 1996 all using that same more doof kick old skool bassline,

people would react the same as now I think,

there's just to many that's all,

I believe we have as many good releases each year well some more offcourse considering taste but finding them is lot's harder nowdays then 10 years agoo...

There is a lot of crap to filter  :(  But I think there is more good music nowadays. It's just finding it!

My tip for 2006, Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

626042[/snapback]

ahaa don't know that thanx will check it out,

I keep up with the latest news but impossible to check everything,

my tip: most intilligent, non fluffy, varieted fullon ever made

panick - lab o matic from 2006, have it original they deserve to be suported,

it's not their debut, that was in 2003 I think...

No just the katakana from his avatar.

Thought it might be name or something.

626136[/snapback]

Ah, missed that. Looks like gibberish to me. I threw it past a couple Japanese friends just in case there was something I was missing and they all said its glibberish as well.

Ah, missed that. Looks like gibberish to me. I threw it past a couple Japanese friends just in case there was something I was missing and they all said its glibberish as well.

626189[/snapback]

they lie, its a secret conspiracy :pg34r:

626189[/snapback]

Aye, I thought it looked wierd. That's why I thought it might be someone's name. Maybe just something random to look exotic :P