The Bassline

snowball

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why must every single "artist" these days use that goddamn awful piece of crap emetic disgusting repulsive killlargh fucking bassline.????

WHY??????????????????? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

620551[/snapback]

because

It work's on the dancefloor!

Why must every single "artist" these days use that goddamn awful piece of crap emetic disgusting repulsive killlargh fucking bassline.????

WHY??????????????????? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

620551[/snapback]

snowball just look at some posts of mine, i also hate this bassline so awful much and i SAID it in so many fullon discussions, you are right man, the fullon bassline has anything to do with a bassline, it sounds like compressed unmastered shit, i hate the fullon bassline so much that i must sick when hear them, the fullon bassline destruct every psychedelic track, some tracks of the fullon may have good melodies, but when the fucking awful dancefloor killargh fullon bassline kicks in it is hopeless with the track.

I still don't know.

the "full on bassline" is cheesy and poorly made (what I've heard). When you make a good bassline it stops being "full on".

620656[/snapback]

I think it depends on the definition each person gives..

If 'fullon bassline' = rolling bassline, then it can be actually a good track with a rolling bassline that fits it[even in some Cosmosis earlier tracks like Doors Of Perception or Do It]

its just a matter of taste..

and yes it works good on the dancefloor..

620682[/snapback]

it is rather sad that artists and listeners seem to direct their attention to the impact on the dancefloor only. but maybe they just dont know that music with other basslines work on the floor too.

ps, i'm not addressing you directly supergroover..

The rolling Bassline destroys everything, even hallucinogens lsd would sound like soft bullshit with the fullon bassline and i would get headache in a party with that bassline, i get headache from that bassline even when the music is quiet so what would i get if ti would be loud? The fullon bassline is the shittiest bassline i´ve ever heard in any musicstyle, there isn´t any worse bassline, i wouldn´t go to a fullon party even if the best friends ofmine would invite me and buy me some tikets, i wouldn´t go to a fullon party even if people would pay me except it would be more than 200$

but it sucks! :huh: its the same thing over and over and over again!!!

yeah i know that it works on the dancefloor,but since when is it the ONLY thing that works on the dancefloor?

i think that its just a stupid cliche that exists among pystrancers, maybe for them its the bassline that defines what is psy and what is not?

ps: :lol: @ traveller (but what are the 0-100 representing?)

Guest Elysium

I expect it got something to do with a lot of so-called "artists" that don't know the first thing about the keys on a Keyboard and what notes (tones) that goes well together (harmonies).

It does not take any skills at all to make a 1 or 2 note KIK BBB KIK BBB KIK BBB KIK BBB bassline.

I guess that's the answer to the initial question.

you could say exactly the same for the offbeat bass in alot of prog or the fact that alot of techno use the bass of a kick..

Go find another bass.

but i guess they wont because they and loads of people arent fed up with it yet.

i personally really like it. it gives the effect of sitting in a rapid. its a good energizer for dancing.

but yes i agree they could go find another bass. and there are.. so dont let those copycats ruin your day.. focus on the positive :P

The bassline is not what annoys me so much. I even like some fullon stuff - and it has that bassline: Silicon Sound for example ... Pure Analog was good!

The reason why I am so annoyed by Fullon nowadays is the overall kiddie naive atmosphere that comes with it! The stupid vocals, the overplayed effects, the annoyingly naive melodies! I mean, last time I was on a psy party and they were playing this commercial fullon I was thinking I was on a fucking SCOOTER venue running at double pitch or something like that (and I even insult Scooter when I compare it this way, because Scooter are still bad in a funny way to me, this is just sad though)! It was AWFUL! This was not psy! This was even worse than the by me so hated chav trance music I used to listen to before I came here! Horrible! At that moment the overplayed bassline was the lessest evil to me, I tell ya! I'd be as happy as I can be if the melodies and effects are decent and intelligent and if there are no vocals. That's heaven for me - in times like those :(

stop crying come on

are any of you artists? did you ever try to make a bassline?

this fucking pisses me so much! "fullon bassline is easy and cheap! every copycat can make it!"

yea right...

making a good bassline is difficult whether it's "intelligent" or "cheesy". i'm not sure if you're aware to it, but there is no "killerfy" button on synths. you still need skills. if you can't make a good fullon bassline you won't be able to make any other bassline.

after is, a bassline is only part of the track. a small part. just making a bassline for 8 minutes won't get you nowhere.

if there is crap music on top of the bassline, it is not the bassline's fault. this is because the artist can't make music.

stop crying come on

are any of you artists? did you ever try to make a bassline?

this fucking pisses me so much! "fullon bassline is easy and cheap! every copycat can make it!"

yea right...

making a good bassline is difficult whether it's "intelligent" or "cheesy". i'm not sure if you're aware to it, but there is no "killerfy" button on synths. you still need skills. if you can't make a good fullon bassline you won't be able to make any other bassline.

after is, a bassline is only part of the track. a small part. just making a bassline for 8 minutes won't get you nowhere.

if there is crap music on top of the bassline, it is not the bassline's fault. this is because the artist can't make music.

621729[/snapback]

Just 'cause something is difficult, it doesn't make it any less shit!