Worst albums of the year 2005!

Cinos

Bamboo Forest - Revival

It's probably not the worst album of 2005, but for me it's the most dissapointing. I had very high hopes about this one, waited for it over a year since it was first announced, but luckily downloaded it to just realize it's 10 crappy full-on singing tracks :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bamboo Forest - Revival

It's probably not the worst album of 2005, but for me it's the most dissapointing. I had very high hopes about this one, waited for it over a year since it was first announced, but luckily downloaded it to just realize it's 10 crappy full-on singing tracks :(

408487[/snapback]

Same here. They have some good tracks on comps and I like their first album so my hopes was pretty high. But man how shitty that albums is.

:huh:

:blink:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

no comment...

i rather agree with this..  haven't heard new GMS so i dont know about this..

oh, and let's add Shpongle - Nothing Lasts  as well..

406661[/snapback]

Is this a joke or what, this is one of the better albums this year, like all hallucinogen and posford stuff it has great percussion not like the unlistenable bad fullon with the worsest percussion of all musicgenres, just listen the kick and you know what i mean. Even old tracks like Technoterror by SFX have far better percussion than laughable fullon.

what do you think of Procs's album, Anoebis?

408327[/snapback]

I still don't know what to think of it, number 2 is fantastic... The rest sounds maybe to psy-tekk like, but I will listen to it more, but it seems like Ghreg on Earth and Derango fit my taste much better within the dark music scene :)

I say that you have never been interested in dark psytrance in any way, other than when you feel like bulltalking the popular artists of that genre.

406707[/snapback]

i would say there is MUCH more similarity between the psytrance cinos listens to and "dark psy" than between the ambient nick listens to and shpongle.

Guest Elysium

Is this a joke or what, this is one of the better albums this year, like all hallucinogen and posford stuff it has great percussion not like the unlistenable bad fullon with the worsest percussion of all musicgenres, just listen the kick and you know what i mean. Even old tracks like Technoterror by SFX have far better percussion than laughable fullon.

411058[/snapback]

No offense but when do you start to understand that taste is personal and that what you like is not nessesary what everybody else like?

And a friendly advice. Stop expecting people to be as fasinated with Simon as you are :)

Yeah, I'll say it again, I think Posford can be very good at sound manipulation and effects, especially the vocoder/slicer, but I never liked his music. Hallucinogen always sounded thin, bloopy and cheesy in that evil clown sort of way, and Shpongle always sounded like a muddy, scattered soup of awful world music. Younger Brother is better, but not by much. I honestly think that Posford worship is merely herd mentality, like so much pop music; "If so many people like it, it must be good," which is almost never true.

I Think all Dark,148+bpm (psy) Trance Albums & Compilations!!!Hey guys is psy trance music!!!

WHERE IS THE MELODY???

I know, i know maybe you do not understand me but....

its my opinion!!!

I cant call psy something like: GGRRRRRRRRSSSSSDDD,DABADABADOU....

My head will now EXPLODE!!! BAM!!!

ITS MY OPINION....thats all!

KEEP THE PSY ALIVE.........

cheers

peace

Yeah, I'll say it again, I think Posford can be very good at sound manipulation and effects, especially the vocoder/slicer, but I never liked his music. Hallucinogen always sounded thin, bloopy and cheesy in that evil clown sort of way, and Shpongle always sounded like a muddy, scattered soup of awful world music. Younger Brother is better, but not by much. I honestly think that Posford worship is merely herd mentality, like so much pop music; "If so many people like it, it must be good," which is almost never true.

411124[/snapback]

Sacrilege!

411124[/snapback]

hahah... good some people feel different and not everyone's a lemming :rolleyes:

Lazar-in person

412203[/snapback]

This reply is not a smart move from me since Lazar runs a club and it might be a good idea to maintain a friendship with him if I want to get more gigs here in Sweden, I just have to say this:

Yes, that album is 100% horrendous. I was sadly "forced" to do the design for it, and I actually managed to listen to it once. But I will never ever do it again. He's a nice guy and all, but the music... it has even less to do with trance and psychedelia than full-on does, which is quite something. It boggles my mind how anyone could sit down and actually produce that stuff, and then release it. I know he appreciates some oldschool stuff, which makes me even more confused...

It was released in 2004 though =)

Miditec... what noisy, abrasive psytrance is this? Never liked Beat Hackers either, by the way. So I guess this really qualifies as a 'worst album of 2005' for me; it sprang to my mind immediately when I read the topic.