Full-on has reached a new low...

Lemmiwinks

I'm still waiting for a psychedelic Ghostbusters theme song remix.

Actually I heard that one somewhere, but I can't remember the artist who did the remix.  ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S.  All of you shouldn't be surprised because Israeli trance scene has already fallen in the darkest pit. I don't want to go political, but if the "trancers" in Israel say nothing against their government when their "defense army" is killing innocent people in Gaza, moreover many of them even support the evil actions done to innocent human beings, how can you expect them to be spiritually developed to produce quality music such as psychedelic / goa trance? 

Music is music, politics are politics, but human soul is one, and only one inside of everyone. If you sell your soul for money, nothing is sacred anymore. Not even a human life. At that moment, music becomes just irrelevant.

Although I would want to rip my ears of when hearing such a remix;

I still think every artist has the freedom to do what ever the hell they want. Even if you don't like it. Except for stealing tunes offcourse (remixing is NOT stealing imo as long as you give credit to the original composer)

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If no one listens to it, it won't be made. If people still listen to it even if it's crap, it just means they're stupid.

I don't get the people who try to protect goa/psy with their lives from all bad influences and impurities. Like nobody has the right to listen to good music but themselves. There are still a lot of great artist out there not doing it for the money. Since those are usually the best ones why bother crap is being made. I still have what I need and do not support the crap in any way.

Someone said they were worried to start hearing country music in psytrance. I for one would love that as long as it is done decently (which would be very hard). Experimentation and creativity are the keys for musical development so why the hell not?

Genres are just small confined boxes put there by others to define an artists style. They are in no way fixed and do not have to be followed like rules so we won't corrupt the 'genre'. I don't care about the genre of the music I make. I just make what I like, whatever it is.

I also think a lot of bad remixes can be blamed on some (bad)artist having a bad sense of humour. Because they think people will find it funny. This just shows the artist is not very bright and probably not very good in the first place.

I like to remix tracks myself as well. Even popular ones as long as they are good tracks in the first place (what's the point in remixing something when nobody will recognize the track) I like remixing old popular 90s dance/trance tracks because that was the music I grew up with and what I liked back then. It's the music that shaped my musical knowledge and feelings as they are today so why not pay tribute to it with a remix. Axel F by Harold Faltemayer (police academy theme) as an example was one of my favourite tracks when I was 6 years old. I made a psy remix of that. That track means so incredibly much to me but I can see some people would find a psy remix of that track incredibly lame.

My point is you don't even know why artists make bad remixes in the first place. Instead of implying all of them do it just to make money.

Oh yeah, whenever a tune like that get's dropped during a set I know it's bad. Just subtly show the DJ you are displeased. I usually just entirely stop dancing and give them a displeased look until they put on something good again. (which may be never)

Anyways we're just discussing tastes here

Life goes on!

greets!

Actually the Axel F theme is from Beverly Hills Cop with Eddie Murphy :P

About all the rest is something i don't even bother , because as you said it's tastes and i would say in my own country , Portugal , people get so fucked up (sorry the expression) that they get to a point that they dont even care what's being played , i guess it's not just in my country but most of the Psy scene in general , so it's like i said , play anything with a sharp kick and a hard bassline , what comes on top doesn't matter , put knifes , cartoons , bubbles , cream , shit and they won't mind. Just don't play good music because they will find it soft and lame.

That sort of madness is certainly not for me. So shoot out some NitzhoNOT! :D

Actually the Axel F theme is from Beverly Hills Cop with Eddie Murphy :P

About all the rest is something i don't even bother , because as you said it's tastes and i would say in my own country , Portugal , people get so fucked up (sorry the expression) that they get to a point that they dont even care what's being played , i guess it's not just in my country but most of the Psy scene in general , so it's like i said , play anything with a sharp kick and a hard bassline , what comes on top doesn't matter , put knifes , cartoons , bubbles , cream , shit and they won't mind. Just don't play good music because they will find it soft and lame.

That sort of madness is certainly not for me. So shoot out some NitzhoNOT! :D

whoops indeed I meant Beverly Hills Cop not Police Acadamy LOL :P

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for this remix ever since I heard of it, but I still haven't found it. Is it exclusive for their live sets or has it found its way to the net/Soulseek yet?

here is another one:

Neuron Compost - Tockz Eek

http://www.discogs.c.../release/724269

not very very serious though :P but why should it be?!

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I need to get of my chest after quickly reading this thread: Has Britney started wearing underwear again?...or not?

Maybe you missed the Psychedelic Cowboy craze?? I'm not kidding unfortunately. This was about 2 years back. I heard that fucking song all the time. twang twang twang!

Ok, I'm replying on a 5 year old comment, but seriously... :lol: I just found the track. It's HORRIBLE and hilarious at the same time. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm replying on a 5 year old comment, but seriously... :lol: I just found the track. It's HORRIBLE and hilarious at the same time. :D

I feel physically sick, ill, repulsed.. Please someone cleanse me and play some crop circles or something. Good lord what the..

• 6 months later...

Hey, so can anyone else think of some more popular radio tracks remixed by psy artists? I don't care if it sucks, I'm just highly curious as to how much stuff has actually been remixed.

I know Save The Robot has done some remixes of War and Coldplay (Bizarre Contact also remixed a Coldplay track), SOM did a remix EP of Fatboy Slim and Prodigy, CPU did a remix of a Gorillaz track, and Copyright did something to Scatmans World. Katy Perry has been remixed a few times already.

Who says that all psytrance needs to take itself seriously? I mean, come on, I know that it's not very good, but some of you all are acting personally offended that these artists remixed tracks that they like, even if they didn't execute it well. There can be good psy, and there can be shit psy, the same with every genre in music. I would honestly find it quite unusual if no artists ever remixed a popular radio song.

Edit: I also doubt that they're all doing it to make money. Sure, it might be great for some weeaboos at a club to hear their favorite Katy Perry track remixed and dropped, but what if the artist themselves made the track because they actually liked it? That seems like a very basic concept, and it shocks me that some of you all are overlooking it.

Michele Adamson Vs. Shanti - Poison

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7_ONFWoV8

And you know what? I actually enjoyed that track.

Seriously guys, I am not as long into Psytrance as some of you are but I can't take people seriously that say something like "it's killing the scene", "Full-on is dead", "they should be shot", etc.

I am listening to quite some genres, including Psytrance, UK Hardcore, Hardstyle, Hardcore Techno and more. I think it's safe to say that with every one of them, some people are complaining about the music going "too mainstream/cheesy/only chart remixes/it's dead". And they are not complaining since today but have been for half a decade now and there's still amazing new stuff coming out and the music going strong.

So what does it mean if I like, e.g. that cheesy Posion remake here? I don't exactly want to hear it in an Astral Projection set, nor do I want Atomic Pulse to do a remix of it. But to shake things up playing this at some point during an open-air summer festival? Sure, why not? Or just listening at home, for fun?

Michele Adamson Vs. Shanti - Poison

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7_ONFWoV8

And you know what? I actually enjoyed that track.

Seriously guys, I am not as long into Psytrance as some of you are but I can't take people seriously that say something like "it's killing the scene", "Full-on is dead", "they should be shot", etc.

I am listening to quite some genres, including Psytrance, UK Hardcore, Hardstyle, Hardcore Techno and more. I think it's safe to say that with every one of them, some people are complaining about the music going "too mainstream/cheesy/only chart remixes/it's dead". And they are not complaining since today but have been for half a decade now and there's still amazing new stuff coming out and the music going strong.

So what does it mean if I like, e.g. that cheesy Posion remake here? I don't exactly want to hear it in an Astral Projection set, nor do I want Atomic Pulse to do a remix of it. But to shake things up playing this at some point during an open-air summer festival? Sure, why not? Or just listening at home, for fun?

Word!

mr.imba why don't you try adding another "O" on the "POP" word and see what comes out of it? ;)

I prefer the slang; Popsy :D And to be honest, one of the best Popsy albums I've heard is Violet Vision with their Heaven Underground album. It's class if you can swallow that style. http://www.discogs.com/Violet-Vision-Heaven-Underground/release/1379340

I feel physically sick, ill, repulsed.. Please someone cleanse me and play some crop circles or something. Good lord what the..

:o

<-- SMTH! Are U Ok now??

Why? WHY???

Becaue they can! Isn't more complicated then that. And I have to say that once in a while inside a (good) DJ-set to add something corny like a remix of something poop, can actually create a lot of smiles and laughter then SMacK back on track and into the real psychedelia.. If done right it can be amazing.

Sorry :rolleyes: I've been sort of hooked on this crazy 90's dance anthem track and when I found this silly mash-up,

I had to crack a huge smile on my face :D