Full-on has reached a new low...

Lemmiwinks

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<-- SMTH! Are U Ok now??

That's not helping :(

Becaue they can! Isn't more complicated then that. And I have to say that once in a while inside a (good) DJ-set to add something corny like a remix of something poop, can actually create a lot of smiles and laughter then SMacK back on track and into the real psychedelia.. If done right it can be amazing.

Sorry :rolleyes: I've been sort of hooked on this crazy 90's dance anthem track and when I found this silly mash-up,

I had to crack a huge smile on my face :D

I'm not saying it can't be done right. It's just that most of these aren't good.

This is just like with tracks with guitars, it's all about execution and how you implement the stuff that is generally not used because it sounds generally cheesy when applied to music style that is so different..

:( .. Ok, what about this one then, this should hold your head up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecyvXD1nxc .. Maybe not as full as Crop Circles, but it has an amazing acid drive.

.. And for sure I agree. When done right with magic precissions and just smack Oh Yeah baby, then a guitar will be awesome.

ie.

^Tried to find the track on CPC - Über Den Angst which has a guitar that just melts my brain into bliss.

I think one of the best Prodigy pietrans-remixes I've heard is the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnctfZedkc ..

And Texas Faggot cleaverly made a funny remake of N'Sync's Everybody groove to the music or what ever the track is originally called.

Some do it smart, some do it stupid and meaningless and empty and without intelligence and others do it Ok while many do it mediocrity.

:P

There's nothing wrong with bad remixes every once and a while. How fucking boring would music be if every single track just brought the pain every time? I would honestly get tired of psytrance if every track was a total killer. I think the best thing about psytrance (and most genres, while we're at it) is that most of it is garbage and only some of it is great. So Toxic liked that Britney Spears song and wanted to remix it, I don't think that just because he didn't make it some epic track with fresh ideas and stomping basslines means that he should be burned at the stake and everybody who likes it is an idiot.

And Texas Faggot cleaverly made a funny remake of N'Sync's Everybody groove to the music or what ever the track is originally called.

Some do it smart, some do it stupid and meaningless and empty and without intelligence and others do it Ok while many do it mediocrity.

This one? B)

:( .. Ok, what about this one then, this should hold your head up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecyvXD1nxc .. Maybe not as full as Crop Circles, but it has an amazing acid drive.

.. And for sure I agree. When done right with magic precissions and just smack Oh Yeah baby, then a guitar will be awesome.

ie.

^Tried to find the track on CPC - Über Den Angst which has a guitar that just melts my brain into bliss.

Alienated buddha works too. B)

I think the best guitar use has been Shakta - Spaceflowers and SUN Project - Spaceships and spacepeople albeit that guitar sounded more like just tasty growly acid... just thinking about it makes my mouth wet. Oh lord I have to listen to it now.

Example of good 100% successfully integrated remix : Psykovsky. He even remixed Bob Dylan - Lay lady lay in his Debut album, but it was perfectly done and didn't reduce the psychedelia but quite the opposite. The Riktam & Bansi remix above is a disgrace, utter shit. Same for the Britney Spears remix , the Madonna remix etc.

The best guitar use is Electric Universe - Meteor .

• 1 month later...

ok, intersting thread. just to be sure, are we talking about the Neuron Compost - tockz eek trak?? cos if we are i'm a bit confused. decent track! cheesy? fuck yes, but in the context of the compilation it fits nice. have u heard?????? a bad rmx is a bad rmx, bad mash ups make me wanna puke my fucking guts up more! a good one i'm yet to hear... someone kill that girl talk fu@kw^t will u!!

a shit rmx with a half assed attempt to be psy won't reach those that know better anyway, so why worry??

trax with bpm's above 155 shit me more!

LOWEST:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/61428-electro-sun-higher-than-ever-compact-2011-out-now/

I saw he put Goa - lol :rolleyes:

IMO this is desecration of the Psychedelic trance concept, specialy Goa. This is shame for modern psy/goa scene, he is pissing on one art and term of psychedelia. This gonna make you vomit in just 10 second :wacko:

Now i waiting for Bizzare Contact album :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, so can anyone else think of some more popular radio tracks remixed by psy artists? I don't care if it sucks, I'm just highly curious as to how much stuff has actually been remixed.

I know Save The Robot has done some remixes of War and Coldplay (Bizarre Contact also remixed a Coldplay track), SOM did a remix EP of Fatboy Slim and Prodigy, CPU did a remix of a Gorillaz track, and Copyright did something to Scatmans World. Katy Perry has been remixed a few times already.

I just lately stumbled over this track (Sesto Sento remix of Message In A Bottle):

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTGXquRkKe4

Cheesy but it brings a fat smile to my face. Especially at 3.10 minutes and on.

There's also a remix from Sesto Sento for Around The World by Daft Punk:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZURSmHCrk&feature=related

• 1 year later...

In my city of, circa, 350 thousand inhabitants, there's a good psychedelic trance scene, with a 4 timer a year festival that attracts 5000 payers. But they're too commercial, some artists will play Lady Gaga psy mixes if asked.

Posted Image

• Although this concept would be a nice cover art for a progressive release
  • Posted Image