Morphic Resonance - Trip To The Stars EP [DAT Records]

Im looking forward to this, but damn, this has a potentional to fail so majestically. Also, I hope this wont be just a bundle of recycled tracks. As much as I liked his remix of Space Dwarfs, it was identical to the original in structure...

Im looking forward to this, but damn, this has a potentional to fail so majestically. Also, I hope this wont be just a bundle of recycled tracks. As much as I liked his remix of Space Dwarfs, it was identical to the original in structure...

For some reason, I find most goa remix forgettable when it comes to remix already great tracks, unless it sounds radically different. It is funny because in my euro trance period (2000-2005) there were so many of my favorite tracks that were remixes (usually by Tiesto or A.van Burren). The reason is, these DJ identified weak tracks but with good melodic potential.

Maia, Alcyone... are classics, I hope the remixes will sound radically different.

Best goa remix I know is Lepton Head remixed by Deedrah, party due to the original that sounds so-so.

Another great one is Juno Reactor - Feel the universe (Koxbox remix).

@Paul Eye, same thing man, you asked a question about the discogs entry, and I have answered. It seems that even if I respond to you politely, there is a barrier on your side towards me.

@Manuser, the tracks sound, as Pleiadians put it, the way they should have sounded 20 years ago. Much better and they do have some new ideas but they are not completely different tracks, which for us is great, we love them and hopefully you will as well :)

@Paul Eye, same thing man, you asked a question about the discogs entry, and I have answered.

Where did I do that? I asked about one track title, nothing more. Anything else is your personal interpretation.

It seems that even if I respond to you politely, there is a barrier on your side towards me.

Nice try. I asked one simple question and you start tacking assumptions onto it.

Not sure what is exactly that I am trying, but in any case, I think I have answered everything.I have asked if my submission was good and precise, but got no answer about that.

Have a nice day

Not sure what is exactly that I am trying, but in any case, I think I have answered everything.

Well it's dead obvious you're doing everything you can to keep our dirty hands off you label's precious Discogs entries (and you still don't seem to grasp the fact that it's not how that site works). Don't even try to deny it, anyone can read the edit histories and figure out the rest. You've already harrassed me on Facebook about this (and even tried to bribe me with free unreleased tracks into staying off editing your label's Discogs submissions, don't even try to sugarcoat it) and now you're doing it here. What next?

I have asked if my submission was good and precise, but got no answer about that.

This still isn't Discogs, if you have a problem or question about a submission, do it there, not here.

CASE CLOSED.

Can we now please get back to talking about the music/release? Any further problems with me, you can always send me a PM, which I can happily ignore :DDDD

@Paul Eye: if you check the entry of Virtuart you can see I appreciated the edits on the release, some details I did not spot. I just asked if I missed something on my entry, that's all and and for me it doesn't matter if we are on facebook, psynews, email or anywhere else, if I am speaking with you I just pick up where the conversation ended.

BC codes will arrive on monday as I have already left, I am djing this weekend but I have sent a download link to all who pre ordered from the label and that should suffice. Enjoy!

That's it, one more reply on that subject and I get my popcorns.

But seriously what is all that craziness about editing on discogs? (Slowly extending hand to grab my popcorn bag) :P:P:P

Having quickly listened to it, I share your concerns - e.g. the classic eastern melodies of "Maia" are so tragically botched, that I'm afraid to listen further. So far it sounds like Pleiadians album being re-made (not remixed!) with a more modern sound (though I never heard anyone complaining about Pleiadians sounding dated...), but with a lot of simplifications and trivialisation of the nuances that made the original so great...  :( Hope it gets better later.

Having quickly listened to it, I share your concerns - e.g. the classic eastern melodies of "Maia" are so tragically botched, that I'm afraid to listen further. So far it sounds like Pleiadians album being re-made (not remixed!) with a more modern sound (though I never heard anyone complaining about Pleiadians sounding dated...), but with a lot of simplifications and trivialisation of the nuances that made the original so great...  :( Hope it gets better later.

So something like this? Damn. I was afraid of that.

Before commenting , please give a listen and make up your mind, instead of joining the wagon :)

@Thanos you should check your email, there is a download link

• Like 1

You probably ignore some important facts here.

1- Those tracks made by EAR! no midi or audio files at all! As a musician i can assure you that very few musicians in the world can do this.

You have to be a real musical genius (or an extremely good copier, which is more or less the same thing, is a matter of genius). So it is very ok to not sound 100% as the originals. After all, this is the purpose of a RE-MIX, right?

2- Mauri himself stated that "this is how our tracks would sounded if we have today's equipment back then".

And to blow out the myth totally, the "old sound" sound as it sounds because of the lower quality equipment compare with today's standards.

What we want (unless someone is totally ignorant) is to have back the FEELING of the 90's, The imagination in production.

NOT the sound quality, which is horrible in most cases!

I personally always remaster the old tracks, not only in order to play them, but even to listen at home! As a true audio lover i want the maximum possible quality. And i can tell you most of them are reaching a whole new dimension! Hidden layers and buried melodies and real hi-hats suddenly revealed in your acoustic spectrum, giving you an outstanding experience and make you love those old diamonds even more!

After all, this is the REAL sound, as i hear it on Dat tapes and some studios during the 90's. So many released tracks which sounding interstellar on Dat tape, sounding like a crap on a vinyl or a CD. Simply, there is no compare.

...and the fact is that 99.9 of the old artists fully agree in all the above... ;)

• Like 1

Before commenting , please give a listen and make up your mind, instead of joining the wagon :)

@Thanos you should check your email, there is a download link

Unfortunately this has to wait until I return from Greece in two weeks time :(

@DJ Sunborn Lets faceit though, part of that feeling is the bad mastering (Did Pleiadians really had bad mastering?) Have you ever heard music from a gramophone? Haunting regardless of what's coming coming out of it :)

1- Those tracks made by EAR! no midi or audio files at all! As a musician i can assure you that very few musicians in the world can do this.

You have to be a real musical genius (or an extremely good copier, which is more or less the same thing, is a matter of genius). So it is very ok to not sound 100% as the originals. After all, this is the purpose of a RE-MIX, right?

I don't care if it's hard. If someone wants to re-do the old track, he should get the notes spot on. The main melody in Maia misses some of the notes and gets other wrong, so it's simply a sacrilege. It's like those amateur bands that play on weddings, where - on the surface - it sounds like the newest hit you hear on the radio, but on closer inspection the singer is unable to get to those higher-register notes, the keyboardist is too late and misses some notes and I'm pretty sure there was no accordion in the original. I've been making music on and off for over 20 years, so I know what I'm talking about.

If you can't do it properly, or do an actual remix that sounds different on purpose, then just don't do it.

And to blow out the myth totally, the "old sound" sound as it sounds because of the lower quality equipment compare with today's standards.

What we want (unless someone is totally ignorant) is to have back the FEELING of the 90's, The imagination in production.

NOT the sound quality, which is horrible in most cases!

I never said the originals sounded old! Quite the contrary, actually - it's incredible what they've achieved and some sounds are more futuristic than what we have today. 

• Like 4

@DJ Sunborn Lets face it though, part of that feeling is the bad mastering

when i mention old equipment this includes also (and mostly) the mastering tools...

but not only, as (not in the Pleiadians case) many "smaller" artists used cheap analog mixing consoles with maximum frequency 18Khz. so in that case, the master engineer can not do many things

I don't care if it's hard. If someone wants to re-do the old track, he should get the notes spot on. The main melody in Maia misses some of the notes and gets other wrong, so it's simply a sacrilege. It's like those amateur bands that play on weddings, where - on the surface - it sounds like the newest hit you hear on the radio, but on closer inspection the singer is unable to get to those higher-register notes, the keyboardist is too late and misses some notes and I'm pretty sure there was no accordion in the original. I've been making music on and off for over 20 years, so I know what I'm talking about.

If you can't do it properly, or do an actual remix that sounds different on purpose, then just don't do it.

...different people, different mentalities, different tastes, different opinions... that's the beauty of the human race :)

I never said the originals sounded old! Quite the contrary, actually - it's incredible what they've achieved and some sounds are more futuristic than what we have today. 

i was talking about the old sound in general, not about the Pleiadians case...

anyway, i wish i had you here guys, to show you the difference in practice... live!

Federico knows very well what i mean...

Those tracks made by EAR! no midi or audio files at all! As a musician i can assure you that very few musicians in the world can do this.

are you kidding? are we talking about a mozart symphony or pleiadians? only a few people in the world can re compose the maia track melody? exaggerating much?
  • Like 2