• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Interests:Goatrance, nitzhogoa/nitzhonot, Swedish forest psy/goa, Detroit techno, deep house, Children of Bodom, fanship & supporting artists and labels.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

In rap music the wording is important but so is also the beat and all the other musical elements. Would be interesting to hear "local" rap recommendations with a language rather non-english. I prob won't understand the words but if the wording is built well in the beat it becomes part of the music and that's the point.

Ladies and gentlemen, here some good Finnish rap

#2 the goa constrictor

the goa constrictor

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Long warm embraces from Purple Sunray on a Pink Sunday while listening to Haddaway

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:37 PM

I love finish hip hop

Check out Notkea Rotta if you haven't already

Jus Anime also has some good stuff =) 

#3 abasio

abasio

Comatose hallucination connoisseur

• Global Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,300 posts
  • Interests:Psychedelics
    Art
    People
    Language

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

You might like some Nip Hop (seriously that's what it's called, don't not racism here bruv)

https://youtu.be/34cCdA3upY8

Mostly life affirming lyrics rather than your American hate life, fuck bitches, killing is cool kind of shite.

#4 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Interests:Goatrance, nitzhogoa/nitzhonot, Swedish forest psy/goa, Detroit techno, deep house, Children of Bodom, fanship & supporting artists and labels.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

I love finish hip hop

Check out Notkea Rotta if you haven't already

Jus Anime also has some good stuff =) 

I know Notkea Rotta ofc :)

I didn't find any Jus Anime..

Relaxing and flowy, some good mood music, really. Interesting video :)

#5 RTP

RTP

46Daz Bad 2 The Bone!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,195 posts
  • Interests:Running To Psytrance! And I hope to be able to do this until the day I'm dead!

And drinking Whisky.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

Hiphop that I like needs to be dirty, deep and dirty like these walls full of graffiti in a dimly lit downtown alley where the dealers lean on the side...

The relaxing, weed-friendly stuff never was what I liked.

In Austria we have this kind of hiphop subgenre called "slangsta" which I do like ... but the problem for me is that there are not that many artists who really get me going.

"Rückgrat" was awesome:

but there is not much around anymore of this good dirty old shit

I don't like the kindergarden lyrics of normal hiphop, lyrics about ho's and bitches and all that, I want lyrics that call people names and bring out the scum of mankind, in-your-face style.

But even the "slangsta's" of old are nowadays quite weak...

this song is a light in the tunnel:

anyway ... if you want more, just ask, there is stuff, just hard to find.

Hiphop stuff what I also like is The Streets. The older stuff from them is actually carrying the same dirty atmosphere as the good old Austrians...

TIGHT is the word I was looking for. So fucking tightly packed with rhymes and little stuff to discover. Loaded to the brim with dynamite. HipHop is extreme sports for me...

#6 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:58 PM

@RTP: To disappoint you I don't like the beat of these samples. Reminds too much of gangsta rap, that I am not a fan of. I like faster beats generally.

Hiphop that I like needs to be dirty, deep and dirty like these walls full of graffiti in a dimly lit downtown alley where the dealers lean on the side...

The relaxing, weed-friendly stuff never was what I liked.

This I agree with. That's why I love Julma Henri that I posted. It is just "in your face" type of stuff. The sample I posted is only just in the limits of BPM's I can tolerate in this genre, so this is better

#7 acid-brain

acid-brain

Happy mushroom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hiphop stuff what I also like is The Streets. The older stuff from them is actually carrying the same dirty atmosphere as the good old Austrians...

TIGHT is the word I was looking for. So fucking tightly packed with rhymes and little stuff to discover. Loaded to the brim with dynamite. HipHop is extreme sports for me...

Thumbs up for Brummie rap!

Grime music is very popular amongst my friends in South East London at the moment:

It is English, but is full of South London colloquialisms and culture. I strongly suspect that Anu won't like it :P

#8 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

I strongly suspect that Anu won't like it :P

Hehheee, better side of gangsta, not liking but it is listenable in a way that if a radio station would play this I'd not switch the channel. @ Acid-brain you will soon be happy mushroom, keep on posting: I just had 500 posts and a status update for this rainy Friday afternoon, lolz :D

#9 acid-brain

acid-brain

Happy mushroom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hehheee, better side of gangsta, not liking but it is listenable in a way that if a radio station would play this I'd not switch the channel. @ Acid-brain you will soon be happy mushroom, keep on posting: I just had 500 posts and a status update for this rainy Friday afternoon, lolz :D

Haha, I first joined this forum in 2008 when there was more activity and lurked for years. There's not much activity these days but people here are so open-minded and awesome, plus obviously I love goa, so I've become fairly addicted to posting here this past week. I definitely am a happy mushroom.

I was surprised to learn you had been into this music for just 1 1/2 years, but you have already done a lot more for the goa scene than I have :D

#10 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

I was surprised to learn you had been into this music for just 1 1/2 years, but you have already done a lot more for the goa scene than I have :D

Ehehhee, you made my day: what have I done? And 18 months isn't right: next Wednesday it will be 16 months so 1 year and 1/3rd. I was a fb friend of Richpa before that and sometimes I liked his goa posts just for the sake "support the friend's work" but then it came the day The World Beyond was published and everyone knows my story after that, haha. Left Children Of Bodom fan group; switched to goa trance, joined psynews a month after I found goa, after the summer established my Goa Trance Lovers Finland fb community and had my first party in Nov 2015 with 3 foreign goa acts; now organizing my second party in August and priviledged to get Veasna there :-) Still feel I am walking baby steps. Especially tech talk is hard. Learning.. @ acid-brain: glad your here after some silent times :)

#11 Kuros

Kuros

Newcommer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

Some more finnish rap. Spessujopo means a special joint. Jopo is also a legendary finnish bicycle.

#12 thanosp81

thanosp81

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Interests:Goa Trance, Psychill

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

i don't know how it sounds to non greeks but if only you knew the meaning of the words.

#13 Richpa

Richpa

Purifier Of The Stars

• Family of Light
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:22 PM

#14 trunksan

trunksan

Impossible Vortex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

I don't enjoy most of the hiphop/rap, whether it is American or not. However, this track I always enjoy for the part between 2:30 and 2:40, I always laugh when I listen to it even though I've heard it hundreds of times

"Στο γνωστό παρκάκι με ένα ταλιράκι.... και θα πίνω πίνώ πίνω και ποτέ δεν θα το δίνω..."

Translastion: ... at my usual park with 5.000 drachmas... and I'll smoke smoke smoke, but I'll never share..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users