What's Up With Ektoplazm?

BraneFreeze

The whole site was away for a while but now at least old archives are back. Makes me think that ppl should not take Ektoplazm for granted. It is the best service anyone has ever done to psytrance scene in my opinion.

• Like 1

Very true for all sites on the internet. Nothing can be taken for granted.

I could live without psynews or even facebook but not without Ekto. Well, I would survive but let's say my quality of living would be suppressed to an amount unimaginabe. That's how high I value this free service of exploring and downloading psytrance releases.

Website looks okay at this moment, I think most of the problems with servers are over, however as it has been stated at their official Facebook page, we can expect occasional downtime. I suggest, if you wanna really help and keep the website running, to consider donating directly to them: http://www.ektoplazm.com/donate

• Like 1

Wow, ektoplazm has been with us for so long. I remember back it was really just beginning. I was looking for psytrance parties in Toronto back when Basilisk still did darkpsy gigs and he would post upcoming events on the site.

It's been a weird journey for ektoplazm. I can't tell just how much Basilisk is still involved, but for whatever it's worth, I have to give it credit for surviving this long. The hosting bills, the server space, the bandwidth, reviewing submissions, are all just so mind boggling.

The temporary new releases shutdown is completely intentional and AFAIK unrelated to the server migration, as Basilisk seems to be working on something unspecified. No official announcement yet, apart from this:

Update for winter 2016: Ektoplazm is now closed to applications from the general public until further notice. A limited number of applications from previously established labels and artists will be processed moving forward; please contact us to ask for the link if you haven’t already received it. Thank you for your understanding!

from http://www.ektoplazm.com/distribution (scroll to the bottom of the page to the Status section)

from http://www.ektoplazm.com/distribution (scroll to the bottom of the page to the Status section)

Thanks for the heads up @ Paul Eye. Reading that what you referred to makes me really worried. Besides that something with technical issues must still be going on since yesterday the site was down again but seems to be working atm.

Fvck, I was considering Ectoplazm for distributing my stuff (for the case I finally come up with something really worth distribution).

Are there any alternative platforms for free psy-related music distribution?

So so many. Alternative platforms that are as heavily trafficked? Few.

Have you considered Bandcamp? No idea what its pros and cons are from the artists' perspective but it seems to be popular.

afaik, Bandcamp is just a site where people can directlly sell their music. It doesn't cover anything related to promotion, while Ectoplazm is well known in psy scene, many people are coming there daily specifially to dowload psytrance, so the music goes directly to those who may appreciate it. I couldn't care less about selling my music but getting potentially wider audience would be nice.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

afaik, Bandcamp is just a site where people can directlly sell their music. It doesn't cover anything related to promotion, while Ectoplazm is well known in psy scene, many people are coming there daily specifially to dowload psytrance, so the music goes directly to those who may appreciate it. I couldn't care less about selling my music but getting potentially wider audience would be nice.

Not true.

Bandcamp is an awesome way to sell your music directly to people at a price you chose and there's many tools for amazing promotion too. I sell more there than anywhere else and you can also now allow people to subscribe to your music. I have gained a 75% new audience there + the old audience. That is quite impressive actually.

About Ektoplazm. The servers has been moved and it has caused some issues. It will be back.

NI sell more there than anywhere else and you can also now allow people to subscribe to your music. I have gained a 75% new audience there + the old audience. That is quite impressive actually.

Then why there's no link to there in your signature? :huh:

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Because I do not use this forum much anymore and haven't changed the links there in ages.

Due to the demand, Neogoa music that should go on Ektoplazm is now available on Bandcamp (Imba already there, Perfect Blind, Lunar Dawn and Svemirski Hod will be posted during the next two-three weeks). 3200 download slots per month, I hope it will be enough until our music comes out on Ektoplazm.

Due to the demand, Neogoa music that should go on Ektoplazm is now available on Bandcamp (Imba already there, Perfect Blind, Lunar Dawn and Svemirski Hod will be posted during the next two-three weeks). 3200 download slots per month, I hope it will be enough until our music comes out on Ektoplazm.

This is very good!

This is very good!

And would be even better if charged 1-2 € per slot. Just a thought that came across my mind. Because downloads are limited. Goa trance liberation can be continued as Ektoplazm is back in play.

• Like 1