V/A - The World Beyond (Neogoa, 2014)

What's a "full sample"?

Your last link is deceiving.

Oh, and simple substitution with the Mage Script font is cheap. I demand more challenging ciphers. :D

Without studying the actual samples properly yet, I'll guess Lunar Dawn, Proxeeus, Tavi, Arronax & Somnesia, but I may change my mind...

Appologies, samples for full-release, because yesterday I posted only previews for 3 tracks :)

Good eye btw.

• 2 weeks later...

WAV/FLAC/MP3: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/the-world-beyond

The World Beyond is a new concept release from Neogoa featuring four songs by eight musicians, all of whom have previously appeared on releases from the label. In the making for the better part of the last year, this compilation is the first of its kind for Neogoa; embedded within the artwork one will find hints of connection to previous Neogoa releases, particularly the Dimensional Gateway series and Celestial Transvibrations. Here on this release Neogoa’s mysterious collaborators explore experimental realms ranging from dark and acidic Goa trance to eerie and occult ambient atmospheres, all perfectly crafted to bring the listener on a 75 minute journey into the world beyond. Artwork and concept by Richpa at Neogoa Design with mastering by Deimos at Deimos Soundlabs.

10353094_354303764758263_478537320180067

Goa evolved.

This and Basilisk's comparation with legendary The Mystery of Yeti compilation is probably the most flattering feedback that artists on this V/A can get.

@Scandinasia - Since Basilisk lives in future, he managed to nail the hour of release perfectly. Basiclly compilation was available couple of hours before the eclipse entered European-time-zone...my dad and I had great time on balcony, watching the eclipse, drinking coffe and listening to this V/A, it was priceless experience. The spiritual meaning of this astronomical phenomenon can't be described with the words.

• Like 2

Already listened once at work while trying to finish a document for a deadline. Can't remember much, other than it was good and probably more on the helpful side than distracting. :P

Trying again now at home.

Is it a coincidence that this has four 10min+ tracks like The Mystery of the Yeti albums (and one of them is called "The Journey")?

(F'ing ninjas.)

• Like 1

It's not coincidence. I decided to rip-off the Mystery of the Yeti albums, back in 2010. and release it for free in 2015.

On the serious note, the core inspiration for this one can be found in situations, not in the music. If there is any musical inspiration regarding the concept, probably you'll have to dig into obscure '90s black metal demos. Good luck with that, tho.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

very interesting opera, conceptual and mixed, i am intruigued, and as free release? TOP.

• Like 1

very interesting opera, conceptual and mixed, i am intruigued, and as free release? TOP.

Thanks Fede. Actually it would be interesting to see how it sounds when all tracks are mixed together with proper transitions, between tracks, since I'm not skilled I hope some DJ will make the mixed version one day :)