Underrated Hidden Gem albums we missed

K-BAN

I tried hard to find a similar thread... kept finding opinions on certain artists mainly.

anyways! What albums/compilations do you feel came out and didn't make much of a splash but should have?

for me, the easiest answer is Anax - Not Over Yet. This topic is coming back to my mind now since I am playing certain compilations now to find specific tracks. I found one I do not even remotely remember having an awesome Anax track on. that track will be my second video in this post.

here is my favorite from his one and only Psy album. (he does house music or something now-a-days)

the whole album is rock-solid!

'Secret Story' - I sampled this in the ID 50 psy songs video.

then just recently "re-found" this beauty ;p

'Warm-Up'

now share some of your ideas! I'm probably going to buy some ;p (bad idea! bad idea!!!)

I'll post a few more albums when less busy. I'm procrastinating by making this thread, haha!

http://www.discogs.com/Nissimyani-Why-To-Be-Normal/release/306017

4.07/5 is way way underrted for this album , it definitely deserves a 5/5 given it was released in 2004. again lots people might call it boring full on with a boring bassline but ive been really having a blast listening to this in the car lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxR3U6Q_lE

Gangnia - It Came From the 4th Dimension

woa! love the goa! never heard of this album. I will NOT be buying the $160 copy on Discogs, haha!

http://www.discogs.com/Nissimyani-Why-To-Be-Normal/release/306017

4.07/5 is way way underrted for this album , it definitely deserves a 5/5 given it was released in 2004. again lots people might call it boring full on with a boring bassline but ive been really having a blast listening to this in the car lately.

I remember when Nissimyani came out with their first album. I heard the songs in dj mixes on DI around that time (still do not own their albums). I like their music. when this second album came out it was less satisfying to me then. Maybe because of the horde of other psy pumping through my ears. Now - Im loving that second album ;D going back to the 2004 groove feels nice.

DarkPsy-Fear

Insaneacyde-Squigeeverse

Rough, melodic twilight psytrance that reminds of Slide meets SA psytrance.

Darkpsy - wow! good call! not expecting that but I totally agree. His 2nd album can be suggested here, too. The first album is totally how you described it. very deep and his own kind of dark. Darkpsy has that unique neuro psy flow. I prefer his second album as the songs differentiate from one another more. 'FM Amount' is my favorite from the artist. I was hoping he played that song when I saw him perform and so glad he did ;p think there is still snippet clips on my phone...

your second suggestion - what?!?! INTERESTED! ordered a copy. also couldnt find tracks in Youtube. thanks! I'll let you know my thoughts whenever I get it.

this next album - no tracks are on Youtube so I may have to upload them. ONE day ;p smooth, clear flowing psytrance. mmmm tastey

Tellus 2 - Addiction

Darkpsy - wow! good call! not expecting that but I totally agree. His 2nd album can be suggested here, too. The first album is totally how you described it. very deep and his own kind of dark. Darkpsy has that unique neuro psy flow. I prefer his second album as the songs differentiate from one another more. 'FM Amount' is my favorite from the artist. I was hoping he played that song when I saw him perform and so glad he did ;p think there is still snippet clips on my phone...

your second suggestion - what?!?! INTERESTED! ordered a copy. also couldnt find tracks in Youtube. thanks! I'll let you know my thoughts whenever I get it.

Are you me or something? :P That's exactly my thoughts. Yes his second album is very good too. It's more twilight than darkpsy, but still awesome. And yes FM Amount is my favourite as well. It's totally amazing. I have him as friend in facebook and I think he stopped writing music for years. I think he's back in the field again. I will ask him if he cooks something. His music is the definition of underrated for me. Glad to see another fan here!

Are you me or something? :P That's exactly my thoughts. Yes his second album is very good too. It's more twilight than darkpsy, but still awesome. And yes FM Amount is my favourite as well. It's totally amazing. I have him as friend in facebook and I think he stopped writing music for years. I think he's back in the field again. I will ask him if he cooks something. His music is the definition of underrated for me. Glad to see another fan here!

check the right side of your hip, is there a scar? I have one on my left. maybe we were conjoined twins and separated at birth (GASP!)

definately cool we like him the same! sure hope he has some nice psychedelics bubbling and brewing in the cauldron ^_-

another older album aka - easy to of missed. especially during that time.

Frequency Deluxe - self titled album ;p

this video uses the cover

what about Jaws Underground? He has 5 albums now so maybe I'm wrong there.

Jaws Underground - Algorythme - his 2nd album is easily his best album! it offers so much! even some acid (below)

'Necrofilia' (dumb video shows his first albums cover)

'Code Rouge' - a tad reminds me of CPU (again, wrong cover)

lol man we are the same!!!

Check this thread. It's a similar thread I made a couple of years ago.

You see this? I also chose Frequency Deluxe. :D:lol:

WOA! get the hell out of here! F.Deluxe is bomb diggety!

dont stop there - the biggest surprise you mentioned is... PRODIGAL SUN!

give long lost brother K-BAN a hug! (yep!)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I also really enjoy the Trashlords vs Psychotic Micro release. During those days when I wrote down every I liked (and still have the many jumbled lists) - I remember that release being the first where I dipped my toes into the "darker side of things" haha - raunchy goodness!

there was a series of compilations of a festival in new zealand called the gathering, not all psytrance

but we have had alot of artists come and go back in the day, that are so underground can t find any, but thing the track on this footage is one

the albums are amazing with the only release of these tracks

^ I would be all up in that mudfest ;p I need that kind of fun right now. the second track - very different but pretty cool!

more albums...

overlooked? I think so. I also used a song from this album in my ID 50 tracks game. that one was 'Concentrate'

Prosper - Inplugged

someone knows Akanoid - Best Off ?? this one's a true gem in my and some of my friends' book. i think it's rather unpopular here. that album is one of those which i would recommend to alot of people who are not into psytrance or even so, but to be honest i'm pretty sure that most people here would not like it. anyway, if you dig earlier german psyprog with a technoish feel, try it and give feedback

• 9 months later...

digging through cds today and I find Frequency Surfer and Tellus 2 - man! I should get these uploaded for whoever is unfamiliar 8) (but thats just one project I cant be doing just now ;p)

someone knows Akanoid - Best Off ?? this one's a true gem in my and some of my friends' book. i think it's rather unpopular here. that album is one of those which i would recommend to alot of people who are not into psytrance or even so, but to be honest i'm pretty sure that most people here would not like it. anyway, if you dig earlier german psyprog with a technoish feel, try it and give feedback

The Walking On Air track on that album is absolutely awesome. I can'^t remember the rest of the tracks. All I know is they didn^t move me as much as Walking On Air.

If you like organic prog/psy from around that time I can recommend you this sampler: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Lovefield-No-Dream-But-Life/release/201548 It's among the first psy cds I ever bought. Some of the names on it are rather well-known, I still haven't heard much about it on psynews.

Spies - Notinism

Absolutely an incredible dark industrial ambient with a psy flavour.

http://www.discogs.com/Spies-Notinism/release/244133

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Frost+Raven

The "Thee Olde Ones" album by this very very talented guy, is something not to miss.

His other inputs are also very nice.

Not herd the newest album.

Frost Raven is underrated for sure!

Gangnia - It Came From the 4th Dimension

Such an incredible oldschool album, very well produced and clean sounding with rich yet dark atmospheres a la Darshan etc.

Héhéhéhéhéhéhéhé...someone bumps this thread a few days ago, and yesterday....

Gangnia_-_It_Came_From_The_4th_Dimension-1997-MYCEL

I didn't know this album at all. There's really good forgotten stuff out there :)

Héhéhéhéhéhéhéhé...someone bumps this thread a few days ago, and yesterday....

Gangnia_-_It_Came_From_The_4th_Dimension-1997-MYCEL

I didn't know this album at all. There's really good forgotten stuff out there :)

yes i remember this album got some killer tracks, very acid, great stuff !

also i'll add "Aural planet - Part second"