why i love psynews

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

Many forums (often the ones with alot of users) have very strict rules regarding the actual community.

For example, you are not allowed to simply type "lol" as a reply.

You are not allowed to start a topic that has similar content to another topic, then you must type in that thread.

Rules similar to these, Im sure most of you know what Im talking about.

The mods on such forums take their role as mods very seriously. They seldom engage in the community but only act as paragraph riders, that is, following the rules blindly and delete posts/threads accordingly. And if the post/thread is on the border of what is allowed, they tend to act as if it is violating rather than accepting it.

This creates a community that is policing themselves, cus they wanna lick mods arses. This in turn creates an unfriendly and cold community thus making the entire forum feel cold and without any love.

psynews is the total opposite as above and this is why i love it.

Friendly mods, friendly community.

Alot of love here, and I feel like this forum is only gonna grow from here.

Back in early 2000s it was not active at all (I was not member but browsing) and it has grown alot since then.

It has grown ALOT just the last 2-3 years, and I think we all can agree it has grown a more community feel to it just these last years.

Please never change. Please always allow answers like "lol" (cus sometimes that says ALOT more than a sentance ever would) and never become nazis like "sorry your topic is allready discussed on page 13232 on thread 4343, so please post this in that thread instead" and similar stuff.

Of course, if one creates a thread that allready exists then yes, by all means re-direct the user to that thread instead. Of course. But my point is - so what if two similar threads exists. So what. Whats the harm.

And I love psynews for this.

edit: just to be clear, the above is simply an example why i love it. Other similar things is of course involved, just not the actual moderating.

lol

:lol:

I must agree, there are a lot of shitty forums out there. This one seems to have a bit of a laid back mentality and it's appreciated. :)

Back in early 2000s it was not active at all (I was not member but browsing) and it has grown alot since then.

It has grown ALOT just the last 2-3 years, and I think we all can agree it has grown a more community feel to it just these last years.

I remember Psynews pretty active back in 2002 when I first became a member.

Thanks for the nice words btw.

LoL is the most awesomest word ever (yes i know its a mistake but i am allowed cause psynews moderators are killargh).

In this community we have everything: professionals, professional hippies, musicians, dreamers, weirdos, lurkers, labels, a bit of it all.

So thanks goatrance.free.fr for offering me 14 years of amusement as I do follow this since 1998.

BooM Shankar, PLUR, Love & Light and all that cr.. ehm passionate words we used to say ;).

I like Psynews because most Infos here are worthy, people tend to be mature, reviews are funny and it's one of the few forums - if not the sole one - where psychedelic trance is discussed as it deserves to be. Plus, I give thumbs up to the people behind the stage who run it smoothly. Last, culturally it's interesting. The off-topic section though not in its apex as in the past - as veterans gere say - is one of the best of its kind. Long live Psynews!

Yes i love this place too. 2006 -2008 was the best period by far with as many as 100 active members? not too far off the mark i hope lol , and it used be a riot in here. Not a single dull day ... lots of those members left with offtopic shutting down but those genuinely interested in the music continued lurking the general and reviews section.

Its obviously a bit slow now but with off topic back hopefully the vibe like the good ol days could return again who knows...

Yes i love this place too. 2006 -2008 was the best period by far with as many as 100 active members? not too far off the mark i hope lol , and it used be a riot in here. Not a single dull day ... lots of those members left with offtopic shutting down but those genuinely interested in the music continued lurking the general and reviews section.

Its obviously a bit slow now but with off topic back hopefully the vibe like the good ol days could return again who knows...

To be honest I prefer how things are today in the General forum compared to the active years. There were a lot of trolls, guys that bitch about anything, endless fights, contast humilation of specific genres (full on, darkpsy) etc.

Off topic was awesome though.

To be honest I prefer how things are today in the General forum compared to the active years. There were a lot of trolls, guys that bitch about anything, endless fights, contast humilation of specific genres (full on, darkpsy) etc.

Off topic was awesome though.

+1

It's good as it is today, and the moderation is great, well done!

Guest E-Mantra

i love psynews because its the only forum where i have an account :D

in fact i have another one on isratrance..but its like 2-3 logins per year

The new moderation in psynews is indeet very good, tolerating everything and giving warnings on a human level. Ismall fights and arguments are not deleted and warnings given but the mods wait tilt he arguments are solved, I find that great. The fact that there are no huge threads about general stuff in the offtopic but you can open a thread about whatever you want is something that not a lot of forums aloow. Only really big commnunities like KVRaudio allow such things but many computer tech forums have 10 huge threads about general offtopic and you have to post there. Most offtopic stuff is deleted.

The music debates are going fine I must say and everyone is acting really mature,

respecting each other tastes without judging. I see many people that have an account for years

but start posting more (or is it my idea?, I have had my absences on psynews too off course, it comes and goes)

There was a day/period when someone opened a fullon topic and almost got shot for doing that :blink:

• 2 weeks later...