Nicknames

JISNEGRO

I have seen many different nicknames around this forum, some of the them are very normal but there are a few that I definitely feel curious about and wonder what do they mean or stand for. So I decided to start this thread to tell the story behind the nicknames and let the world know what they mean or represent.

I chose JISNEGRO, because it is the composition of JIS and NEGRO. JIS are just the initial letters of my first and second given name and surname, and negro is the way they used to call me on school. So that's it, that is the story behind my nickname, I know there are other stories more funny and interesting than mine.

For example I always wondered what does "Ormion" mean and how is it related to the avatars he always uses.

Interesting. I was just reading in another forum what wallpapers you chose tell about you, the article said that you want to portrait yourself to the world thru the image, and there was this funny enquete about what women like/dislike in men's wallpapers, and vice-versa. It seems that no one likes to see children in somebody else's wallpaper (they have to come up with something cute to say).

My nickname is after a star. Almost all my nicks are related to cosmos. Cosmology was one the reasons that early goa attracted me so much, I fell tranced by cosmic tracks (top one is Nerve-Channel 59).

PS. Jisnegro, yo siempre pensei que tu nombre significasse una palabra em Espanhol, ? usted es de Colombia, parece que yo hay lido una vez aca neste forum? Espero que tenga entendido mi Portunhol, kkk. :D

My nickname has a long history. Many years ago I knew a guy that was a huge horror movies collector. I asked him one day to give me one of his vhs. He told me he has a very scary and very rare movie called Ormion. Although at first he hesitated to lend it to me I did watch the film and it was indeed scary. It was a z-movie when it comes to budget (with no credits or title screen), but extremelly well done. Anyway this dude went to live in Crete and never seen him again.

After internet came I searched everywhere and didn't find any info at all about a movie called Ormion, which is indeed strange if you consider that even the rarest movie can be found on the net. Finally 5-6 years ago I did find the guy on facebook and asked him about the god damn movie. He told me that it was a cinematography school project and didn't have a name. Ppl called it however they wanted. Apparently the guy who gave it to him had named it Ormion.

Needless to say I still haven't found and watched the movie again since then and I don't think I ever will.

Good one, Ormion :D!

Mine is simple, when I registered I didnt want to come up with anything thoughtful or that makes sense to someone, so I choosed first 3 letters from the word "register", as in, registering as a new member :D! Then I reversed REG and got REGGER, but unfortunately something went wrong with registration or my e-mail and I couldnt log into my newly created account so the same/next day I registered REGER.

And thats, my kids, how the legend was born...

EDIT: See, this is part of history http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/user/1607-regger/

Good one, Ormion :D!

Mine is simple, when I registered I didnt want to come up with anything thoughtful or that makes sense to someone, so I choosed first 3 letters from the word "register", as in, registering as a new member :D! Then I reversed REG and got REGGER, but unfortunately something went wrong with registration or my e-mail and I couldnt log into my newly created account so the same/next day I registered REGER.

And thats, my kids, how the legend was born...

EDIT: See, this is part of history http://www.psynews.o...er/1607-regger/

You should have picked REGARGH!!!

The first 2 years of using Psynews I had the nickname X. After the site got the update you needed a 3 letters minimum nick and for a week I used -X-, but eventually changed it to Ormion.

If you read any old comment by a guy name X that's the younger me! :D

Imba is pretty gamerish as most of you know...

I start to play CS since first versions even beta i think... some 8 years ago i think i got this nickname from mates because im really imba in game... i didn't know in that time meaning of it but i liked word and keep it!

I am still freak but not that much like in old days :D

Interesting. I was just reading in another forum what wallpapers you chose tell about you, the article said that you want to portrait yourself to the world thru the image, and there was this funny enquete about what women like/dislike in men's wallpapers, and vice-versa. It seems that no one likes to see children in somebody else's wallpaper (they have to come up with something cute to say).

My nickname is after a star. Almost all my nicks are related to cosmos. Cosmology was one the reasons that early goa attracted me so much, I fell tranced by cosmic tracks (top one is Nerve-Channel 59).

Well that's how I started off too with "moondancer". Unfortunately back in the days this forum wasn't protected like today so some fuckers hijacked my nick and I had to come up with something else. Also, most people who weren't into psytrance would say "oh, so you're a Michael Jackson fan?" arghhhh, so after trying out a few other nicks, I came up with Lemmiwinks who is the pet gerbil from South Park (I'm a huge South Park fan BTW). The carachter was basically inspired by an urban legend about a gay man who had the habbit of letting a gerbil run inside his ass for sexual arousal (which led to some "oh, so by chosing that nick, you're implying that you're gay" remarks arghhh I never seem to be able to chose a nick that doesn't have some unwanted reference lol)

In case you want to know more about Lemmiwinks:

S6E14 Death Camp Of Tolerance

and follow-up episode (where it is relvealed that Lemmiwinks has a brother called Wikileaks hehehe):

S15E10 Bass To Mouth

Posted Image

My nickname has a long history. Many years ago I knew a guy that was a huge horror movies collector. I asked him one day to give me one of his vhs. He told me he has a very scary and very rare movie called Ormion. Although at first he hesitated to lend it to me I did watch the film and it was indeed scary. It was a z-movie when it comes to budget (with no credits or title screen), but extremelly well done. Anyway this dude went to live in Crete and never seen him again.

After internet came I searched everywhere and didn't find any info at all about a movie called Ormion, which is indeed strange if you consider that even the rarest movie can be found on the net. Finally 5-6 years ago I did find the guy on facebook and asked him about the god damn movie. He told me that it was a cinematography school project and didn't have a name. Ppl called it however they wanted. Apparently the guy who gave it to had nameed it Ormion.

Needless to say I still haven't found and watched the movie again since then and I don't think I ever will.

ah now that's odd, I always thought it came from HP Lovecraft - The Call of Cthtulu???

BTW, you know there was a South Park episode on him, right?

S14E12 Mysterion Rises

Posted Image

Nice stories!

@Procyon: yes I am from Colombia and you are right, "negro" in spanish means black, which is a friendly way to call someone here. Though it could be offensive too, depending on the tone and the way you say it. BTW I guess I understood your Portunhol :D

@Ormion: I knew there was a great story behind your nickname! But now you made me feel curious about that mysterious movie :P

I had a ridiculous nicname on another music forum that closed up so I wanted to outdo it.

When I first actually became a member here I couldn't think so I put in 'psytraveller' but when I noticed that there was already a 'traveller' I felt completely unoriginal.

So my nickname here doesn't make any sense and there is no story behind it.

Well that's how I started off too with "moondancer". Unfortunately back in the days this forum wasn't protected like today so some fuckers hijacked my nick and I had to come up with something else. Also, most people who weren't into psytrance would say "oh, so you're a Michael Jackson fan?" arghhhh, so after trying out a few other nicks, I came up with Lemmiwinks who is the pet gerbil from South Park (I'm a huge South Park fan BTW). The carachter was basically inspired by an urban legend about a gay man who had the habbit of letting a gerbil run inside his ass for sexual arousal (which led to some "oh, so by chosing that nick, you're implying that you're gay" remarks arghhh I never seem to be able to chose a nick that doesn't have some unwanted reference lol)

In case you want to know more about Lemmiwinks:

S6E14 Death Camp Of Tolerance

and follow-up episode (where it is relvealed that Lemmiwinks has a brother called Wikileaks hehehe):

S15E10 Bass To Mouth

ah now that's odd, I always thought it came from HP Lovecraft - The Call of Cthtulu???

BTW, you know there was a South Park episode on him, right?

S14E12 Mysterion Rises

Man, I can't stop laughing. First you're a Michael Jackson fan, then now you're Lemmiwinks. All of a sudden I remembered an episode of South Park where the gay dog left home after he was caught screwed with another male dog, and the rest of the episode was pure South Park "way of life" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Well since 2006 it's sideffect just like you translate it, it's obvious.

My first one was Rain in 2004 I guess from the track California sunshine - Rain, one of my first goa tracks.

And before that, at the first platform I just had a mail address in the review section but never checked the forum.

Took me a long time before I noticed there was a forum, never heard of such a platform before back then.

Did not have internet at home either, I could only check new releases on my friends desktop, so there was less time.

I only red reviews, maybe posted once a comment...

Visited once a month maybe...

Nice topic jisnegro! :)

Drosophila (melanogaster) is the common fruit-fly and are an animal model in whole organism genetic research. I think I was doing some mutations experiments on Drosophilas at the time I joined, which was actually ½ year earlier than my current join date, since my first account was deleted :( but that was the reason... nothing mysterious :P only a few freaky mutants!

Yes, drosophila. You know what? Last Sunday you came to my mind. We were walking Chablis, our French Bulldog, and he pooed big time in his usual place near the corner, some flies landed on his s**t :wacko: . That's when I looked at it and I remembered you. I mean, the flies, not the s**t, made me remember of you ;) .

My last name is Paric (Parich), so I used satrovacki and it came out as Rich-pa. Speaking about satrovacki, here is something about it...and yeah I'm not criminal :ph34r:

Satrovacki is a feature of permuting syllables of words used in Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian. It is similar to verlan and louchébem in French. The term is sometimes used to describe other slang in which words are deformed, as well. Satrovacki was initially developed by criminals in Yugoslavia, as it was incomprehensible to police. Today, it is spread among youth in informal speech and its variants are found in all languages that can be linguistically categorized as South Slavic. It is more widespread in urban areas, such as Belgrade, Zagreb and Sarajevo.

Words are formed by replacing the syllable order. For example: pivo (beer), becomes vopi. The new word has the same meaning as the stem. Since the spelling is nearly phonetic it does not change. However, sometimes one of the vowels is changed to make the new word easier to pronounce, avoid ambiguity, or if the stem word is not innominative. For example, trava (grass, often used for marijuana) would become vutra instead of vatra (meaning fire).

My last name is Paric (Parich), so I used satrovacki and it came out as Rich-pa. Speaking about satrovacki, here is something about it...and yeah I'm not criminal :ph34r:

Satrovacki is a feature of permuting syllables of words used in Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian. It is similar to verlan and louchébem in French. The term is sometimes used to describe other slang in which words are deformed, as well. Satrovacki was initially developed by criminals in Yugoslavia, as it was incomprehensible to police. Today, it is spread among youth in informal speech and its variants are found in all languages that can be linguistically categorized as South Slavic. It is more widespread in urban areas, such as Belgrade, Zagreb and Sarajevo.

Words are formed by replacing the syllable order. For example: pivo (beer), becomes vopi. The new word has the same meaning as the stem. Since the spelling is nearly phonetic it does not change. However, sometimes one of the vowels is changed to make the new word easier to pronounce, avoid ambiguity, or if the stem word is not innominative. For example, trava (grass, often used for marijuana) would become vutra instead of vatra (meaning fire).

You mean, you can hold conversations using this technique?

Back in my younger days I played Dungeons & Dragons. One day I created a dragon character and named it Veracohr; it didn't mean anything, it was just three syllables that sounded nice together. Eventually I started using it as my online name, and then as my music name.

i was getting a bit tired of my gaming nickname and searching for someting new. so combine love for the sanskrit word for lotus with a newly found interest in buddhism, and you get the name of the bodhisattva padmapani, the lotus bearer.

i could have used the same logic as drosophila and called myself saccharomyces, but i can't identify that much with yeast ;)

Yes, drosophila. You know what? Last Sunday you came to my mind. We were walking Chablis, our French Bulldog, and he pooed big time in his usual place near the corner, some flies landed on his s**t :wacko: . That's when I looked at it and I remembered you. I mean, the flies, not the s**t, made me remember of you ;) .

well those are common flies.. or shit-flies if you will, a Drosophila's are the tiny ones you get in the kitchen with fruits ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

My name is, obviously, from the Egyptian God. Only written the Flemish way...

The reason why is pretty simple... Anoebis is the God of death (which is NOT bad for Egyptians) who brings the spirit to the "other" world... As a dj my goal is to bring people into another world too... The world of trance and where all is one :)

Posted Image