02. Astrancer - Koilon 10:00

03. Hypnotic Signal - Seven Nights 06:32

04. Zed Reactor - Velzevul 08:31

05. Joseph Mcdonough - Mindgap 05:57

06. E-Mantra - Ragnarok 08:17

07. Radical Distortion - IR 3109 07:40

08. Amanians - DNA 11:34

09. Psychedelic Quest - Project Meditate 07:31

After two goa-oriented compilations, Ezel-Ebed is back yet again with the hopes to give the listener a spiritual rising with this one, will it succeed?

Gazzuar - Glyzerin

Starts of the compilation with odd sounding melody, not long and an extremely strong bassline drops. Those constant rolling hollow sounds and strong hi-hats are just awesome, they sound rich and are just very powerful! The track manages to have some really strong effects and submelodies but the main melody that appears often almost reaches a cheesy level imo. This is a strong track, but if the melody was a bit less cheesier, I would have have liked it a lot more. It's a nice opening track to a compilation I was very interested in hearing because of the promising samples.

Astrancer - Koilon

Astrancer is back, yet again, on a new compilation. We already had 2 very bright sunny tracks on Suntrip's V/A - Energy Waves earlier this year. Koilon follows in those songs footsteps but has a darker feeling and tone to it. What hasn't changed is the richness in the texture, there's so many crystal sounds, little alien details, submelodies, echoes. It's such a nice experience with Astrancers tracks, because they are so refined. Very nice melodies throughout and it gets even better at around the seven minute mark. Very driving track and even at 10 minutes it never really gets boring to listen to. Very very nice track.

Hypnotic Signal - Seven Nights

Hypnotic Signal had a strong track on a compilation V/A - Goatronika earlier this year, it was highly melodic and hypnotic. Now he's back on Ezel Ebed's third compilation. The track starts with a sample of maybe an inspirational speech, an echoing melody in the background. Half a minute in and a dark muddy bassline arrives, typical nice goa effects around. Melody arrives just before the one minute mark and we're all set to go. Hypnotic melodies ensue and that echoing atmosphere keeps on going. We get first major melody at the two minute mark and holy crap how good it is. The sounds are very much like the V/A - Goatronika track but it's a completely new melody. I personally really like the way he does his melodies. We go a bit further, strong acid force ensues and then the track really takes off. Just very powerful acid melodies and a driving bassline pushing them to go even faster. Yet another strong, strong track!

Zed Reactor - Velvezul

Let's get this out of the way first, this is nitzhogoa, but not like other nitzhogoa, this is epic nitzhogoa. Strong, strong storytelling is to be found here. Think of Principles of flights intros and outros, though here the intro and outro are not as high production value, but feel just as satisfying. After the interlude a little cheesy (just a little) distorted voice says something and a super strong nitzho bassline kicks in. A bit further and a sample "something for your mind, your body and soul" kicks off the first melodies. The sound is very nitzhonot, might sound cheesy to some but I think it's not very, it gets an injection and gets louder. Just blasting force! More of the interlude sounds come in to continue the storytelling aspect, sweet effects come in to twist your head and melody gets back. A climax arrives at 4:15 and holy crap how epic it is! It's a very nitzo oriented melody but at least I can't help myself but to be engulfed by it's epicness. And it even gets better towards the end! This is just an epic track imo. A completely surprise since I didn't really like Zed Reactors other tracks as they are indeed a little too cheesy for me.

Joseph Mcdonough - Mindgap

Ok I think this is a new artist pretty much to everyone, I have never heard of him before in any way, but apparently he makes very good new school goatrance. Short track but revisits some true old school style soundscapes with it's this constant hypnotic sound, many effects and very true acid lines. Great melodies too! A surprise no doubt.

E-Mantra - Ragnarok

E-Mantra is back yet again and I am glad. His debut was something so very unique and spacey that I always can't wait what he does next. The track gets kicked off with one of the strongest E-Mantra basslines yet, insanely driving just like the Khetzal remix on Energy Waves, but this time with all of his own sounds and melodies. And boy what kind of stuff E-Mantra has in store. Such awesome acid effects, revving like sounds, great spacey melodies. Carl Sagan would probably enjoy this for the atmosphere, heheh. I think this is one of E-Mantra's best tracks to date, honestly. It's just so rich in all of it's aspects.

Radical Distortion - IR 3109

Radical Distortion has been around a while and even released a debut on Suntrip that offered very MFG-esque sounds with just more danceable melodies, lacking some storytelling and deepness. This track however seems like it has more much detailing than the previous RD tracks. Also the melody is just awesome very, very MFG-like. I find this track better than any other in their debut album although it had it's fair share of good tracks, this is just so good. Best RD track yet. MFG lovers rejoice!

Amanians - DNA

Amanians is finally back with a new track and, let's just get this out there fast, what a stormer it is. I can't believe how refined the sound is compared to the last tracks, I didn't know they could improve so much. It's like an acid TORNADO tearing through EVERYTHING in it's wake. You can't stop it you can't ignore it it's here to bend reality, twist your mind like no other. Every new turn is like an injection of adrenaline that has a dosage of psychedelics in it. It literally want's to rip your head apart! So goddamn epic. Even at the length of 11:34 it never gets boring at all. This thing is a damn classic. Holy hell. If they could make an album with quality like this, I can't even begin to imagine how awesome would it be.

Update: Musically it's a masterpiece but they need to remaster this song or it'll be forgotten forever...

Psychedelic Quest - Project Meditate

Again a new(?) artist to the new school scene. Stars a bit abruptly after the last track that was a complete and utter stormer, as it does not really have much of an interlude. I sense some odd sameness in this and Joseph Mc's track since this also is very, very old school oriented and with that, absolutely great. Just the overall atmosphere and melodies are like a reminiscence of something you'd hear on an old school compilation. Another surprise from this compilation! Leaves you with a smiling face thinking about how well the revival of goatrance is doing.

This compilation was AWESOME, very surprising just how strong and powerful these tracks are. V/A Alternative Colours was a great introduction for Ezel Ebed as they had strong tracks from quite known artists and even an unreleased Filteria track. V/A Elixir Of Life, personally, was average, only having a couple of good tracks. This however is just mind-numbingly strong. This should be bought by everyone if only for the epic, epic Amanians acid stormer tornado and MFG-esque Radical Distortion track. This compilation rivals V/A - Temple Of Chaos as the compilation of the year for me, definitely.

EDIT 13.4.2011: I find myself listening to this less and less due the mastering problems. Musically this compilation is very strong, the songs aren't deep or complex, aside from amanians, but they're good solid neogoa with good melodies hampered by literal sound quality issues. Remastered files would be soo nice but alas probably won't happen.

Where to get it?

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/eer/eer1cd003.html

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8526

http://beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=5796

This review is best read with the "blue darkness" forum skin option. Seems like the color FFFACD is a bit too bright for the other skin.

Feel free to delete this post after, but according to my PC when I click on ezel-ebed.com:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.ezel-ebed.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why was this page blocked?

Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for ezel-ebed.com

What is the current listing status for ezel-ebed.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-08-14, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-14.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including riotassistance.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS33182 (DIMENOC).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, ezel-ebed.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Anyone else ?! :huh:

It looks like it's google that it's stopping me from entering this page since my antivirus still says it's safe to navigate it.

Do the warnings come from your antivirus or from google or your search engine/browser ? (read my last line since I modified post)

Google here as well. I've encountered this before with sites that were just fine, though only a couple.

i get the warning too, i think is from firefox or google. but also after the logo if i click enter website it reports further attacks and if i ignore that one too i arrive to a black page.

in any case, the compilation kicks ass! i really like it :)

Pretty good compilation, not best in this year so far, but we go few awesome tracks. Astrancer with Koilon is my personal favorite. E-Mantra also did great job with Ragnarok, full of typical E-Mantra atmospheres and effects in background :) Velvezul is a great party stomper track but the only thing i didn't like is arrangement of track. Also, cool tracks are DNA & Glyzerin.

Overall: 3,9/5

P.S. - Psychedelic Quest isn't new name, he already got full lenght promo album :)

Sound quality is horrible... Sharp and almost no bass at all :(

I got the E-Mantra track as demo in its original form and it sounds much better than the "mastered" version.

I really don't know why such sound gets released.. don't those guys listen to their CDs before releasing them?

Because of that its a failed release for me just like the Ultiva stuff. Also, i don't think that this kind of release makes the newschool scene look very professional from the outside.

This is a super good compilation musicalwise.

A must-have for NeoGoa lovers ! Go buy it!

I knew some of the tracks before (E-Mantra, Psychedelic Quest and probably Hypnotic Signal too) and they were of the kind you can't fit in your own compilation but keep in reserve.

I'm happy theu are released now. I'm also very happy Psychedelic Quest finally made it to a CD, he deserved it after so much work. And he has more in store!

The only track I don't like is the Zed Reactor, but hey, you can't please everyone :)

Favourites: Astrancer, Psychedelic Quest, E-Mantra, Hypnotic Signal, Radical Distortion, Amanians!!

Ezel Ebed site not a problem here, must be because I use a Mac.

Awesome compilation. IMO, it shows how Goa is rich: some will like Suntrip 1990ish tracks, while others (like me) are in love with harder Goa beats.

This way, I loved all the tracks. But the one I can't stop listening to is Joseph Mcdonough's MINDGAP. Wonderful.

Congratulations for all artists and Ezel Ebed :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Goa rocks!!

Sounds like it's a winner, but has anyone else experienced the problem that Digitoxin complained of? Goa trance needs good bass to help drive the music and it would be a shame if this release didn't have any.

He also complained a lot about latest Goasia's production quality which is just fine (and I'm very picky...), so better try for yourself. IMO samples are OK production-wise.

He also complained a lot about latest Goasia's production quality which is just fine (and I'm very picky...), so better try for yourself. IMO samples are OK production-wise.

No, honestly he has a point. Played it on big soundsystem this afternoon and there's a huge overload of mids and highs + the kicks are lacking subs. Tracks like Hypnotic Signal were just painful to my ears, I had to reduce the high frequencies on my mixer in order to listen to it :( .

Musically it's a great album though :) ...

I'm only going through my first listens, but I'm liking it so much already. This is quality material. The tracks I like best are zed reactor's (this is sometimes a tad cheesy, but come on, it's sooooo epic :D), Astrancer's, Hypnotic signal's, E-mantra's, hell almost all of them have a very nice feel to them. Positive vibes with lilting melodies, strong basslines, you name it, it's there. This is a fierce contender to Suntrip's Temple of Chaos for the best compilation this year thus far In my humble opinion, this is a really big step up from Elixir of Life, which had it's good moments, but for me it was a little disappointing from what I had heard from the samples.

Highly Recommended!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

V/A - Spiritual Rising

01. Gazzuar - Glyzerin

02. Astrancer - Koilon

03. Hypnotic Signal - Seven Nights

04. Zed Reactor - Velzevul

05. Joseph Mcdonough - Mindgap

06. E-Mantra - Ragnarok

07. Radical Distortion - IR 3109

08. Amanians - DNA

09. Psychedelic Quest - Project Meditate

I don't know if this is better than Temple Of Chaos. It's well done though. Mastering could be better though on several tracks; the beat in Seven Nights sounds fairly low in relation to the layers, but that one or two tracks are incredible. Which tracks are they? Let's look at the whole album.

01. Gazzuar - Glyzerin has a really nice, driving feel to it. It sounds fairly Full On Goa-influenced, but in a good way. If Astral Projection produced cool tracks (to Goa fans) today, it might sound not too far from this. There's some good atmosphere here too, and although the track sounds a too synthesized (at times), the positive prevails. Great track! Solid production too. B+

02. Astrancer - Koilon has the most captivating first minute on the album for me. It becomes so loaded at 0:40 however, that I was initially concerned that all of its strength had been revealed early on, thus contributing to an exhaustion peek sooner than later. Fortunately, the music changes up at 3:17; ambient notes fuse with the layers at 3:34, and at 3:46, and there is a wonderful, structure shift (part) soon after that leads a beautiful path throughout much of the second half. Most of the arrangements are fantastic. The artist keeps things interesting, and even brings back the delicious part, with added textures, in the last fifth. The part from 8:10 to 8:35 is great too; the vehicle drives relentlessly during this segment through a reduced, albeit ethnic-influenced layers. Strong production. The song could have ended a little better though. Excellent track! A-

03. Hypnotic Signal - Seven Nights is currently one of my least favorite tracks here. The beat's too low; the layers sound fairly tinny compared to surrounding tracks. There's lots of nice ethnic-influenced melodies. But the song sounds so conventional to me; it goes through similar sounding movements I've heard so many times before, but through the delicate vision of the artist here. There's some psychedelic work in the second half that enhances the track. I'm simply not hooked like the first two songs. Weak production and mastering compared to the first two tracks. B-

04. Zed Reactor - Velzevul starts out as if it could be a new Xenomorph album. The track is a roller coaster (the people screaming as if in peril sound fx remind me of a literal, run-away-train). These effects are great. The song's a monster dance number as Voodoo Serano's Blood Is Pumping song was many years back. But this has a dark (and mainstream dance trance) Goa influence. My gripe (not really a flaw) is that it's loaded with so much sensation, -the song's not much more than a big, adrenaline pump. That said, the climactic elements (such as at 4:18) after a quadruple-plus lift is impressive as far as energy (pick-up) goes. I thought the haunted (as if stuck in an evil castle) interlude was interesting too, though it went on for longer than I anticipated (for a song of this energy). The last forth varies the climactic arrangement. It's pretty good stuff. The song is just all (or almost all) sensation, and the least Goa influenced track here. But it's great for what it's going for: high octane, crazy/wild, dance friendly madness. The voice samples towards the end aren't necessary though; some may consider them cheesy (I wouldn't argue). That said, this is a pretty cool track, but I'm going to hear something that's more in the spirt of Goa now. :)B+

05. Joseph Mcdonough - Mindgap is another artist I've never heard of before, producing a solid, elegant, and driving number. A soft, atmospheric backdrop comprised of ambient notes compliment its fluid rhythm and harmony. Although the song seems to play it safe, I'm hooked by its combination of elegant sounds, production, and smooth, floating rhythm. Another solid track. B+

06. E-Mantra - Ragnarok was the most anticipated track for me since Astrancer's. One could some this up as eight minutes of atmosphere. But that would be short-changing it dramatically. Layers appear like one on top of another early on. I wish they appeared more seamlessly; the beat sounds a little repetitive. But the sounds somehow blend together really well. One of my issues with E-Mantra is that their songs, though atmospheric, occasionally seem to have no clear direction. This would have been my issue on Koilon, had the second part of that song not taken place. ayers. After an interlude, from 2:22 to 2:40, some form of a lead (though I wish its echoes were more subtle) takes place, providing the track with more catch to groove into. Since E-Mantra's melody leads generally come and go, or are seldom present, the earlier one fades out; the song enters a second interlude. There's a story being told here, though it seems vague at times. The beat returns at 4:14; layers build up to accommodate a powerful sound at 4:28. Additional, gripping sounds arrive; the song's quite climactic here, and absorbing. A sweet Goa melody dances in the background, from 5:03 forward, though it seems to have no direction; it compliments the immersive feel. The sound could have used a deeper sense of warmth and feeling however, and E-Mantra's echoes are sometimes so obvious that they distract from various, other soundscapes at times. Somewhere I think a more prominent, tasty Goa lead would have worked, with ambient support, etc. E-Mantra's style and visionary work is nonetheless ambitious and interesting. While it's impressive on a technical level, the song lacks being fun, as if it's taking itself so seriously. The ambient notes sound good towards the end, but why wait until the end to emphasis feeling?; they could have enhanced the interludes. Overall this is an interesting, strong, and (to some degree) epic track. B+

07. Radical Distortion - IR 3109 develops nicely. I like how the artist(s) combine elegant with rough work, often switching it up, changing arrangements, combining, building, and making their songs more psychedelic as they progress. There is a multi-whistle sound early on that somehow works with the warm melodies, though the arrangement doesn't grab my attention. A wild, dancing Goa tune before the second minute is far more catchy. After a conventional interlude, the middle third integrates more psy sounds, melodies, and readjusts its arrangement for one more tasty and fun. The work here sounds influenced from some of the work on Radical's Psychedelic Dreams album, and that's fine. I feel that the song lacks taking some risks however due to that. Numerous times, an old section will evolve to one more involved. An example is after the second (or so) interlude/buildup, from around 4:50 to 5:30 where the track feels more full and satisfying than before. The ambient notes are cool too; they produce more of a relaxed, traveling feel. Each segment is well built here. I simply find that the song is playing it safe; it keeps me entertained, but never arrests me on a grander level, as track 2 and 6 have. The ambient notes return in the last minute; they sound great, and musically, the track (since it went this warmer direction) could have involved more emotion possibly (feeling in that regard), after hearing some of PD's fantastic tracks on 2009's Psychedelic Dreams album. Good track, but nothing superb. B

08. Amanians - DNA starts out like a breathing dragon before all-out-war. There's lots of rage and emotion here; possibly this song is influenced by Merr0w's Citrus Circus. Or not. The song grabs my attention early on and doesn't loosen for a while, until around 2:55... it becomes more interesting once the raging repetion fades fairly at 3:30 to accommodate an interesting/ambient-influenced approach to its madness. Parts like these produce more depth, substance to a song that could otherwise wear think as it progresses (for some people). The return of energy at just under the fifth mark sounds great. At roughly 6:12, the raging rhythm fades to introduce another refreshing variation. This keeps me interested until the next round of crazy/wild, headtrip, psychedelic mania. From 8:21 to 8:50 is the most unexpected change up yet. Both the beat and music fades until near extinct. Suddenly, both slowly return, gradually picking up speed.. faster and faster. The effect provides dynamic rush sequences to a solidly crafted vehicle. I'm sure many listeners will like Amanians intense and relentless Goa approach, especially in this track here. I find it more interesting, less one-dimenionsal than Amanian's Fireworks track on 2009's V//A - People Walk album. Great work! A-

09. Psychedelic Quest - Project Meditate isn't bad at all, the more I hear it. The opening, skipping sounds are catchy. The song has a deeper (lower pitched) beat that arrives at 0:41; this took time to grow on me. The skipping sounds continue, as more fuse together. The first several minutes sound pretty good; the layers work well together, though that lower-pitched beat's just a little distracting. But the selected sound/melodies, and skipping effect works. They thankfully leave for new images at 2:31; a bubbly bit takes over before a more authoritarian, coupled with Pleiadian-esque/skipping melodies take place. The skipping melody then takes over; basically the song is like a path comprised of islands, as it moves from one section of ideas to the next. This works to some degree, though I find the track less epic, rich, or visionary because of this approach. The beat changing up refreshes the feel of the middle third; a tiny though effective enhancement. Key changes enhance the track later on; the story seems more congruent in that regard. In short, I expected more after the previous song. This isn't bad though; it's simply not one of my favorites. B

In conclusion, this is one of the best Psy/Goa-Trance compilations of 2010 along with V/A - Energy Waves and V/A - Temple Of Chaos. While I clearly find the mastering better on other 2010 Goa releases, including Crossing Mind's The Holographic Paradigm, the overall mastering here isn't bad per say; it could be better on certain tracks. The compilations has many good/great songs. I didn't care for the melody/sound work in Seven Nights, and the sheer sensation of Zed Reactor's Velzevul wears off after a while, though it will be great on dance floors I imagine. That said, Glyzerin is extremely accessible and fun. Astrancer's Koilon is grand. E-Mantra's Ragnarok is immersive and hypnotic, although the sheer power of its atmosphere seems to stunt potential fun it could have had with its melody leads. Amanian's DNA is excellent too, and numerous others are solid, though stand out to me less than the ones I'm mentioning here. I'm glad to say that V/A - Spiritual Rising is a solid compilations for fans of Psychedelic Goa-Trance.

Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8.

B+

Samples / Order here

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/eer/eer1cd003.html

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8526