V/A - Spiritual Rising

Penzoline

Sound quality is horrible... Sharp and almost no bass at all :(

I got the E-Mantra track as demo in its original form and it sounds much better than the "mastered" version.

I really don't know why such sound gets released.. don't those guys listen to their CDs before releasing them?

Because of that its a failed release for me just like the Ultiva stuff. Also, i don't think that this kind of release makes the newschool scene look very professional from the outside.

Just some information. This V/A mastered by George Antonopoulos i.e. Zed Reactor, while Elixir Of Life was mastered by Digitoxin. If you are an experienced sound engineer, it is not surprising that you hear the difference! And of course, sound is really not as good as it can be.

• 3 weeks later...

Re-listening to this and the thing that keeps bothering me is the mastering. I have the need to compensate with EQ but it can do only oh so much. Especially the amanians track, the sound is harsh and flat, though with that in mind, it's still musically simply brilliant. One of those rare tracks that just put me in the state of trance. It's so psychedelic, the amount of thundering, whirling, spiraling effects is so ridiculous. Such a magnificent piece that can only be better with new mastering. E-mantra's and Astrancers tracks suffer quite a bit as well. So if Ezel-Ebed ever comes with a new comp or an album, I would definitely suggest - or simply order - them to get better mastering, this just isn't good and definitely isn't doing justice to the actual quality of the tracks, they are really fantastic!

On most parts of E-Mantra's track i dont hear kick, is too tight. Percs on Hypnotic Signal are too loud and distorted, i remember unmastered track is amazing, also kick was better. Radical Distortion, Joseph and Amanians sounds great to me (by ideas), just i think Amanians track is too much compresed.

They had great idea to make compilation but they arent done it successfully. In my honest opinion, Astrancer doesnt fits to this compilation, specialy Zed Reactor - sounds like happy hardcore goa... i gave 2/5...

I hope u have not offended anyone by this, that's just opinion ;)

Hello Everyone;

Some people can think that we stopped working or releasing BUT NO...Also our silent was not because of those comments...It is because we are working so hard...Travma working on his own album etc.We dont think our VA is bad. Actually our fans dont think too because our sales are so good even after those comments.About mastering; lots of labels has the same problem but we dont understand why this one get a lot of comments like this.We are thinking about other reasons.Our second VA was mastered by Harald Raider but it also get a lot of bad comments too.Our 3 albums sales are great and again even with this kind of destructive comments.Because we are making releases for art,peace and love...But we realised that there are some people which are not thinking like us.These people have different thinking style.And we know that some of these comments owners have close releationship with each other.

Anyway:

We are working on our new album,listening a lot of demos and searching for new talents.Also we are building our Studio and we are gonna share it's photos from our website.We are trying to buy new hardwares to make our studio much more professionel.

BY THE WAY WE MOVED OUR WEBSITE SERVER TO OUR OWN SERVER IN OUR STUDIO AND FROM NOW ON OUR WEBSITE IS:

www.ezel-ebed.net

EVEN AFTER THOSE COMMENTS ; I SUGGEST EVERYONE TO LISTEN OUR VA ANYWAY. :)

SORRY FOR MY WEAK ENGLISH ..

We dont think our VA is bad. Actually our fans dont think too because our sales are so good even after those comments.About mastering; lots of labels has the same problem but we dont understand why this one get a lot of comments like this.We are thinking about other reasons.Our second VA was mastered by Harald Raider but it also get a lot of bad comments too.Our 3 albums sales are great and again even with this kind of destructive comments.Because we are making releases for art,peace and love...But we realised that there are some people which are not thinking like us.These people have different thinking style.And we know that some of these comments owners have close releationship with each other.

Honestly what comments are you responding to? I don't see much negativity about your VA's overall, bad comments here and there are always going to pop up because of taste. I'd say Alternative Colors and Spiritual Rising are considered overall strong goa compilations. Now about your second VA, Elixir Of Life was generally considered weaker because of the much stronger direction of nitzhonot melodies, different style, not because of the mastering - which is actually very well mastered in comparison to Alternative Colours and Spiritual Rising. And yes lots of labels do have problems with mastering, for whatever reasons, but that doesn't mean it's not something that can't be fixed and that the reasons for the negativity surrounding it are baseless. These "Destructive" comments about mastering are actually "Constructive," it is something that you can fix. The problem with mastering like on Alternative Colours and Spiritual Rising is when you want to crank the volume up, it's almost impossible because it gets way too harsh, it hurts the ears. I think this comes from the loudness war, correct me if I'm wrong. On that note, I love to use this example of Suncokreti by Ultiva Records. That VA had everything going for it, great cover, fantastic tracks and what it boiled down to was some of the worst mastering I have ever heard. It crippled the sound to the point it's actually hard to enjoy listening it.

On a more positive note, I'm glad nothing happened to Ezel Ebed, the way it disappeared made me worried if we lost another much needed goa label. It's good to know that's not the case.

The problem with the Amanians track is the kick.

This is the first dance track I've ever hard in my life that has a kick panned to the left.

Because I listen to music almost exclusively with headphones you can imagine how annoying it is.

Actually it's so annoying that it prevents me from listening the track again ,despite the fact that it's one of the best newschool tracks.

If it was Amanianas' idea I will recommend him to not do it again.

If it was a final mixing/mastering error I'm surprised they didn't fix it.

I have this release... as well. Bad mastering, kick panned to the left, track 3 is suddenly cut while ending....

You guys really need to get your shit together! Mastering is one of the the most important thing... when releasing!

I dont want to cause any conflict here... but shape up NOW!!

Love & light!!

Honestly what comments are you responding to? I don't see much negativity about your VA's overall, bad comments here and there are always going to pop up because of taste. I'd say Alternative Colors and Spiritual Rising are considered overall strong goa compilations. Now about your second VA, Elixir Of Life was generally considered weaker because of the much stronger direction of nitzhonot melodies, different style, not because of the mastering - which is actually very well mastered in comparison to Alternative Colours and Spiritual Rising. And yes lots of labels do have problems with mastering, for whatever reasons, but that doesn't mean it's not something that can't be fixed and that the reasons for the negativity surrounding it are baseless. These "Destructive" comments about mastering are actually "Constructive," it is something that you can fix. The problem with mastering like on Alternative Colours and Spiritual Rising is when you want to crank the volume up, it's almost impossible because it gets way too harsh, it hurts the ears. I think this comes from the loudness war, correct me if I'm wrong. On that note, I love to use this example of Suncokreti by Ultiva Records. That VA had everything going for it, great cover, fantastic tracks and what it boiled down to was some of the worst mastering I have ever heard. It crippled the sound to the point it's actually hard to enjoy listening it.

On a more positive note, I'm glad nothing happened to Ezel Ebed, the way it disappeared made me worried if we lost another much needed goa label. It's good to know that's not the case.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think anybody here said that the choice of tracks is bad, or the tracks in themselves. You chose great tracks for your comp, and I love the comp, bad mastering or not, because of the quality of the tracks. But you CAN do something about mastering, even though it's a big problem for other labels as well, and I understand that it's not easy to get good mastering for a few cents. However, I really do think it could've been done better.

Awesome track choice though, and I stand by that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Koilon is a killer track! The energy in that track is neverending, but still manages to not tire you out mentally. It's fresh and revitalizing with its energy. Too bad with the very sad mastering on this compilation, repeat after me : no mastering is better than bad mastering.