Old Filteria material

Penzoline

Well the Alternative Colours track got me interested. It didn't sound like the new filteria at all and on top of that it was named Aqua Society (2005 remix)

So I took the wayback machine and found this gem of a page

http://web.archive.org/web/20041101120246/...?page=downloads

Anyone still have any of those? I'd like to hear them for interests sake :)

And on that note, whatever the heck happened to fluotronik? Were the tracks for it actually completed, but never just seen the light of day?

You dug up some old memories there :)

I remember that site ... and I loved one of the pieces there, but it kinda never got released!

And some years ago I was thinking of it again, but the site was all gone ... would be interesting to know what happened to the tunes...

I think Filteria made over 100 tracks.

The released ones are:

- the 3 albums (24 tracks)

- the compilation tracks (+/- 15 tracks incl. KOB)

The unreleased ones are:

- the live versions: almost each released track has one (or more) live mix(es). Some get released over time (Ultimator Rmx / Navigate Rmx for example).

This summer you will hear some Daze of Our Lives remixes, for sure. And I still have in store all the Heliopolis remixes. I'll put them on suntriprecords.com when time has passed (not to introduce confusion with Daze) and when Filteria agrees.

- the tracks that were not "good" enough to be released (very early tracks, Predator, more cheesy tunes...)

- the tracks that almost made it (e.g there was a lot of hesitation between "Galactic Rays" and "Latch" in Sky Input. Latch is still unreleased. Another example: Memory Lane didn't make it in Daze of Our Lives because Earthrise arrived at the last moment and was much much better).

Originally, Aqua Society was made in autumn 2004, around the time Sky Input was released. And, well, after that it wouldn't have fit into Heliopolis, so it remained unreleased.

Recently Filteria was concentrating on other projects and live remixes. SO he must have thought the track matched what he was asked for when Alternative Colors was prepared.

I think Filteria made over 100 tracks.

The released ones are:

- the 3 albums (24 tracks)

- the compilation tracks (+/- 15 tracks incl. KOB)

The unreleased ones are:

- the live versions: almost each released track has one (or more) live mix(es). Some get released over time (Ultimator Rmx / Navigate Rmx for example).

This summer you will hear some Daze of Our Lives remixes, for sure. And I still have in store all the Heliopolis remixes. I'll put them on suntriprecords.com when time has passed (not to introduce confusion with Daze) and when Filteria agrees.

- the tracks that were not "good" enough to be released (very early tracks, Predator, more cheesy tunes...)

- the tracks that almost made it (e.g there was a lot of hesitation between "Galactic Rays" and "Latch" in Sky Input. Latch is still unreleased. Another example: Memory Lane didn't make it in Daze of Our Lives because Earthrise arrived at the last moment and was much much better).

Originally, Aqua Society was made in autumn 2004, around the time Sky Input was released. And, well, after that it wouldn't have fit into Heliopolis, so it remained unreleased.

Recently Filteria was concentrating on other projects and live remixes. SO he must have thought the track matched what he was asked for when Alternative Colors was prepared.

Interesting. He did finally put up Predator (2907 mix) on a compilation, but I wondered why I didn't think much of it (unusual for Filteria heh), now I know.

So you are finally putting unreleased material from Filteria up? I remember reading about that, but you guys ran into some problems and it never happened.

Another track i remember listening on his website and loved, was "Those Talking Machines" which belonged to his K.O.B. project i think - quite atmospheric and haunting.

That one really needs to be released.

Another track i remember listening on his website and loved, was "Those Talking Machines" which belonged to his K.O.B. project i think - quite atmospheric and haunting.

That one really needs to be released.

I totally agree. This one is the best KOB track to date.

Well, yes we will put up some releases. At the time we wanted to parner with digital distributors and it wasn't possible. Now we have our own shop, which helps.

• 7 months later...

Was cool to get some unreleased material finally released but again I'm wondering what happened to fluotronik

Posted Image

1. Prosect - Mentally Confused (Israel)

2. Soliptic - Riot Fuel (UK)

3. Filteria - Burn (Sweden)

4. Psy-by-wire - Cleaning Device (Sweden)

5. Luminescent - Belltower (Finland)

6. Filteria - Math Is God Is Math (Sweden)

7. Dreamweaver - Penta (Sweden)

8. Alt Anesis - Busy Little Bees (Israel)

9. Scanglow - Trashed (Finland)

I want em..

About Fluorotronik: Kalle of Tranceform has all the mastered files and the entire artwork of course. He proposed me to release it on DAT records but i heard it all and the sound doesn't fit my label. I suggested him to ask phototropic records or some others. It has a few nice tracks but is too modern sounding psytrance for me, it's somehow oldschool oriented but there is some full on too.

About Fluorotronik: Kalle of Tranceform has all the mastered files and the entire artwork of course. He proposed me to release it on DAT records but i heard it all and the sound doesn't fit my label. I suggested him to ask phototropic records or some others. It has a few nice tracks but is too modern sounding psytrance for me, it's somehow oldschool oriented but there is some full on too.

When did this happen?

About two years ago (plus maybe a few weeks more), I remember asking a quesion about V/A Fluorotronik, and getting a response by Kalle (if that is the name of the guy who runs things at Tranceform; anyways, he said something along the lines how this particular release would never see the light of day, despite the fact he had plenty finsihed and authentic copies by his side in the cellar.

I have no idea whether this is true, let alone any proof to verify his statement, but truth be said, since this guy practically disappeared from the face of planet Earth, I seriously dobut any of us will ever get a chance to hold to a physical copy of this release in our palms...

• 4 years later...

Nothing except he has the cd, tracks are mastered... I don't know how many copies thou. I got the picture that Kalle is now quite uninterested in goa trance and is involved in different genres these days.

Saw thread title... got my hopes up... :/

Then i saw the date posted.

There is actually not many artist that I crave to hear literally any and all tracks of theirs that I haven't heard, Filteria is one of the few.

I know usually people say things aren't released for a reason, but I even want to hear the "bad" or rougher stuff...

To stir the proverbial pot a bit more, I've been sitting on a remix I did of Filteria's "Mind Expansion" since 2007. It was going to be on a remix cd I was working on that got trashed when a certain artist (not Filteria or anyone else I will ever publicly name) suddenly decided they wanted to be paid far more money than was initially agreed upon. Also the label for one of the other artists would never get back to me one way or the other regarding the use of my remix of a track by one of their artists (the artists were fully for it) and the overall b.s. factor made the release impractical. My remix of Sound Field's "Technological Terror" that Ektoplazm put out a couple years back comes from that same project.

To stir the proverbial pot a bit more, I've been sitting on a remix I did of Filteria's "Mind Expansion" since 2007. It was going to be on a remix cd I was working on that got trashed when a certain artist (not Filteria or anyone else I will ever publicly name) suddenly decided they wanted to be paid far more money than was initially agreed upon. Also the label for one of the other artists would never get back to me one way or the other regarding the use of my remix of a track by one of their artists (the artists were fully for it) and the overall b.s. factor made the release impractical. My remix of Sound Field's "Technological Terror" that Ektoplazm put out a couple years back comes from that same project.

so how many remixes did you do??

nudge nudge wink wink say now more!! (rennis reply.. not this old chestnut again!)

greetings retired one..........

or are you????