Artists/Albums/Comps you've overplayed a million times

Malevol3nt

Which artists, albums or comps have you listened to so many times that if asked if you could remember what melody comes in at 5:30 of track 8 on a particular album, you would immediately know.

My most overlistened artist has to be AP. I mean I must of played their albums tens of thousands of times, and even tho I know exactly what to expect when I press the play button, I can still enjoy this music today. And it never gets boring (thats how good they are). One other artist that has a huge replay value for me is Man with no name. Of course there are other artists music out there that I enjoy, some of them are on my alltime favourites list, but their stuff doesn't really give me that much replay value as AP or MWNN.

I guess what I'm asking is which artists, albums or comps have the most replay value for you?

Speedy J- Patterns (Remix) EP

Pleiadians- I.F.O.

Regis- Gymnastics

Jeff Mills- Waveform transmission vol. 1

I must have heard the above literary tens of thousands of times, and am still not sick or tired.

All S-Range, definitely :D

All Etnoscope aswell.

But I generally have the (to many people strange seeming) policy to NOT listen to the stuff a lot that I like :lol:

When I really love some music I hardly ever listen to it because I find no situation worthy enough of such greatness!

Carbon Based Lifeforms is the best example. I am a huge, an enormous fan, yet I listened to Hydroponic Garden (the best ambient album ever) maybe only fifteen times as of now. Funny, isn't it? But I have the fear that I might spoil a perfect piece of music through only the slightest different influence. In this context I'm beyond obsessive-compulsive! Only moderately good music gets played really often :P

Carbon Based Lifeforms is the best example. I am a huge, an enormous fan, yet I listened to Hydroponic Garden (the best ambient album ever) maybe only fifteen times as of now. Funny, isn't it? But I have the fear that I might spoil a perfect piece of music through only the slightest different influence. In this context I'm beyond obsessive-compulsive! Only moderately good music gets played really often :P

That's actually not a bad idea. I totally spoiled some good ambient music, just because I overlistened it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that it's lowtempo and that there are not that many changes hapenning throughout an ambient track. But a good idea is to spend a few days or weeks avoiding the music, and then coming back to it. It feels like its new again. Or maybe that has to do with my poor memmory hehe.

I'm not exactly able to do what you would ask me for any album, but I have, imo, over-listened some albums.

Albums

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

Filteria - Sky Input, never gets old

V/A - Pyramidal Trancedence

Vibe Tribe - Wise Cracks

I really try not to listen something too much, repeat listens usually ruin an album or a track for me. Luckily, though, it didn't ruin Sky Input.

Well I've played

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences

Mystery of The Yeti I & II

Sphongle - Are You Shpongled?

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Project II Trance

Order Odonata - Technical Use Of Sound In Magick

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Eat Static - Prepare Your Spirit (first the tape then the CD)

hundreds of times but I have never grown tired of them so I can't say I've Overplayed any of them.

Probably Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home & Flights of Infinity, Seinis - From A Nutter Perspective,

Solar Fields - Extended & Leaving Home and Secede - Tryshasla are receiving heavy plays & will easily be in the hundreds & I can't see me getting bored of them any time soon either.

I played 1200 Mics - Magic Numbers 2 or 3 times. That was well overplayed Posted Image

There's a lot of music I play often, but nothing compares to how much I've played

Klaus Schulze - Floating (the original master)

I probably played it once or twice every day for 2 years straight or something....and it's a 27 min track. :D