Astral Projection new album

Guest D N H

It is nit really the sounds but how they are used. Newschool tracks don't sound dull because of vsts but because they play 150 tracks at the same time, that is just insane, the otehr thing is that the newschool artists don't even want to sound old and analogue but new and modern, they want to sound like a very modern Italian café with shiny chairs and tables and glass windows to the floor, the old artists sounded and want to sound like a wooden pub which gives you warm and hostile feelings.

But if you want you can sound like an Italian café with hardware aswell.

I listened to a RA ambient album, celestialorientalic something, it is downtempo music but it does not sound analogue, it sounds like a sterile shiny Italian café

Word!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest D N H

5 years since the announcement and 11 years since their last album :mellow:

And if an album finally comes, it will probably sound euphoric trance with progressive & goa influences or something like that. It might not though, who knows..

It is not the first time AP's creativity is in question. The first time was before Dancing Galaxy's release with their previous album to be Astral Files, a compilation mostly of remixes. I still remember the comment of a radio broadcaster saying that with Dancing Galaxy, Astral Projection shouted many mouths and proved to remain a leading group in goa trance.

But other times then, other times now concerning musical styles and fashions.

I recommend to Astral Projection to produce the music they wish. Do not try to please a lot of likes making mixed style of music, because in the end they might not please anyone. If they want euphoric trance, they should make euphoric trance. If they want progressive house, they should make progressive house or whatever style.

If they want to produce Psy/Goa in parallel, they should make a different release or release it under a different name.

I will go as far and say that i they ever release new album it might turn out to be total piece of boring shizzle.

Just look how much "energy" and "dedication" they put into their live shows when all they do is simply press PLAY button on Ipod :lol:!

I will go as far and say that i they ever release new album it might turn out to be total piece of boring shizzle.

Just look how much "energy" and "dedication" they put into their live shows when all they do is simply press PLAY button on Ipod :lol:!

Man, how do YOU play live in a psytrance show? Please explain how much smart you are than all the artists and DJs out there.

They could do pretty cool stuff with live sets if they wanted with actual on the fly launching clips etc but yeah.. Every video I have seen they look so bored.. Well, one half does.

As for a new album... Hmm never :(

You should listen to my tracks on oundcloud, now I am nto talking musicwise, since I know they are unfishined sounding and don't have a proper climax, but listen and tell me whether it sounds old or new and whether it sounds dull or sharp.

https://soundcloud.com/radish2

It is nit really the sounds but how they are used. Newschool tracks don't sound dull because of vsts but because they play 150 tracks at the same time, that is just insane, the otehr thing is that the newschool artists don't even want to sound old and analogue but new and modern, they want to sound like a very modern Italian café with shiny chairs and tables and glass windows to the floor, the old artists sounded and want to sound like a wooden pub which gives you warm and hostile feelings.

But when you want to produce old and analogue sounding music softsynths wont hinder you at all, with hardware you will achieve better results, but not much better at most 10 percent. But if you want you can sound like an Italian café with hardware aswell.

I listened to a RA ambient album, celestial something, it is very good ambient music but it does not sound analogue, it sounds like a sterile shiny Italian café

I wish I knew what you were talking about because Celestial Slice actually contains acoustic guitar if you listen carefully enough. Much of Christer's interpretation comes down to soft sinusoidal leads with heavy reverb and delay. The result is a very nice consonant ring acting between all the various layers. But it's probably just easier to say it sounds "shiny?"

• 2 weeks later...

i think that astral, maybe won't release an album, cause they understood that finally it is of benefit to them.

first of all, they create all the fuss around it, many people just talking of the long awaited album, so everybody's talking about them. in other words they remain 'hot'

secondly they make money with their djing and live pa.

thirdly it is not so important to release an album nowadays, cause piracy is thriving. if you tell me that it will ensure them more live pa's, then i'll say that astral don't need it, they already have much. moreover this talk about their new tracks, ensures them more crowd, cause many will say 'let's go, they may play some of the new tracks'

last but not least, i think that they don't want to ruin their legendary name with some fullonish rubbish shitty album. i think that they have understood that, and it will cost them if they do. and the cost will be in their prestige, name and legacy. if you look all their vast collection of releases, you'll see that they have an average quality of tracks that is really high!!! they won't spoil it...unless it's a really psy album. (hope so)

now really, if they wanted to release something, there are so many labels, couldn't they release just one track in some kind of compilation? it's not that difficult...

Guest D N H

That's maybe not far from truth ritual om, but for how long can they feed the hunger and the expectation of the audience with eps or remixes? And they have a large responsibility for all these great expectations. Thereupon, this might turn against them, against their popularity and can be characterized as inefficient and unreliable.

I'm always watching for some signs, in september/october 2011 I saw a little TIP logo and "guess" in advance they signed to TIP Records (they confirm it in the beginning of 2012). Last week they put a picture with them and 3 TIP logo...is it a good sign ? Apparently yes (Avi did not say "coming soon" to me like 99% of his sentences but "yes very close to us!!" but I can't confirm the release of a new EP for the moment...

Hehe, youre still stirring the same shit, arent you :D?

I mean, where are some new facts regarding release date, comments from them, official information?!

Havent seen such information in this thread recently, no?

i think that astral, maybe won't release an album, cause they understood that finally it is of benefit to them.

first of all, they create all the fuss around it, many people just talking of the long awaited album, so everybody's talking about them. in other words they remain 'hot'

secondly they make money with their djing and live pa.

thirdly it is not so important to release an album nowadays, cause piracy is thriving. if you tell me that it will ensure them more live pa's, then i'll say that astral don't need it, they already have much. moreover this talk about their new tracks, ensures them more crowd, cause many will say 'let's go, they may play some of the new tracks'

last but not least, i think that they don't want to ruin their legendary name with some fullonish rubbish shitty album. i think that they have understood that, and it will cost them if they do. and the cost will be in their prestige, name and legacy. if you look all their vast collection of releases, you'll see that they have an average quality of tracks that is really high!!! they won't spoil it...unless it's a really psy album. (hope so)

now really, if they wanted to release something, there are so many labels, couldn't they release just one track in some kind of compilation? it's not that difficult...

i agree x1000

(I know that the sound is bad quality)

But again probably never released :)

My friend was there!!! Nagisa rocked this year! Banco de Gaia, Orbital, Kuro, AP - though this video confirms that AP show was drowned by high and mid freqs, you can't hardly hear the kicks.

I actually just don't get it now.

I know they have all this content in their backpocket.

Why is it so hard to release it? Any label would do it. Self publishing could do it. Anything.

And still, it remains unreleased. Wth?

I'm sure this unreleased business is catering to some audience but they would be benefitting much more by putting themselves in the mainstream spotlight of finally releasing an album.

You know, "the legendary AP are back"

My guess is that they've been changing creative direction several times during the last few years. Made sense for them to take their music in a clubby direction around 2002, but that might not be the case anymore. Plus they're in the privileged situation that they don't have to record anything to live off their music.

• 2 weeks later...