Astral Projection new album

Mahadeva is such a masterpiece that any kind of intervention on it just does not work. Yeah, it's out of proportion, but's like trying to improve a Vermeer painting. There's nothing to do. IMO, the only remix that would sound great would be a dry, 4x4 tech-trance punching-kicking mix of it, a la MOS or Spirallianz. Would love to hear it.

Mahadeva is such a masterpiece that any kind of intervention on it just does not work. Yeah, it's out of proportion, but's like trying to improve a Vermeer painting. There's nothing to do. IMO, the only remix that would sound great would be a dry, 4x4 tech-trance punching-kicking mix of it, a la MOS or Spirallianz. Would love to hear it.

Get The Delta to do a guitar riff version. ;)

The Mahadeva remix is part of the "Astral Project", which is a subproject and NOT to be associated with their "Astral Projection" material!

Also "the center of the world" / "the holy land" etc. in the video was done by a fan, they asked if they could use the video and edited it slightly and put a clip of "The History Of War" over it.

And I am glad to see Elysium banned. It seems he is in a scene because of what people say and do and not because of the music. I am in for the music, and Astral Projection, still today, kick major ass. At some point in time (2012 is likely, although I think I'll stop posting too many news on here because it's "seeing is believing" on here and I can understand it) they *will* release "Open Society" and I know I'll be first in line to get it.

The Mahadeva remix is part of the "Astral Project", which is a subproject and NOT to be associated with their "Astral Projection" material!

Also "the center of the world" / "the holy land" etc. in the video was done by a fan, they asked if they could use the video and edited it slightly and put a clip of "The History Of War" over it.

And I am glad to see Elysium banned. It seems he is in a scene because of what people say and do and not because of the music. I am in for the music, and Astral Projection, still today, kick major ass. At some point in time (2012 is likely, although I think I'll stop posting too many news on here because it's "seeing is believing" on here and I can understand it) they *will* release "Open Society" and I know I'll be first in line to get it.

Gadflies are useful things for a community to have; I'm not sure that we want to become so thin skinned that we can't tolerate criticism of our favorite artists.

And yes some of Elysium's behavior was bad indeed, but it was hardly unprovoked... the other people who flamed and ranted here should take a 'time out' as well and consider how they fed the situation.

And I'm sorry to hear about Astral's political leanings; it's dispiriting when artists use slogans of peace and love in their work yet speak ill of real-life oppressed people.

Gadflies are useful things for a community to have; I'm not sure that we want to become so thin skinned that we can't tolerate criticism of our favorite artists.

Kris wasn't banned because he criticised "our" favourite artists (FWIW I could hardly care less about AP's music and I expect many others here feel the same way), or even for the condescending tone with which he did so; if the mod team had any intention of stifling such criticism then he would have been banned ages ago. He was banned because by his own admission he has no interest in the music or scene which this board is about, and posts here solely for the purpose of provoking a negative reaction. As such it's hardly surprising that so many of the threads he posts in degenerate into flame wars, and psynews is a lot better off without him.

And yes some of Elysium's behavior was bad indeed, but it was hardly unprovoked... the other people who flamed and ranted here should take a 'time out' as well and consider how they fed the situation.

Honestly, I pity Elysium. His remarks, and lack of politeness are so powerful that he got to the point of having his good early Goa works damaged by his tongue. I am a member of Isratrance, and funny how I always thought that a guy called Beat Agency was always making himself against everybody in almost every topic, with great, deliberate effort. Always getting violent responses from other members. But it didn't take long to someone ask him if he was Kristian, of Elysium fame. I don't know him personally, but I hope it's something that happens only in psychedelic forums, not in his 'real' life.

I am not any sweetheart, but I am not always venting anger or irony every ten posts.

Something important that more people should acknowledge is that things only hold the value you give them. It's Elysium who is burned out on Goa and not vise versa. If Trust In Trance suddenly no longer appeals to me anymore it's not the fault of AP. TIT will still be the exact same album it always was. It will be because I have decided to channel my energy into something else and that's where Kristian went wrong. He decided to walk down a different path and made the misconception that Trance universally had turned to shit just because he no longer had any interest in it. That couldn't be further from the truth.

A good example is that Psy to me is a very intelligent genre that has been on an almost constant quest to push the boundaries of electronic music. To most of my friends however it's tacky 90's dance music for suburb burn-outs stuck in the past. Just another proof that all music is in the ear of the beholder.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn`t know where else to put it, so here it goes..

Please, does anybody know what`s the first track from the clip below? It starts at 0:45 and again at 1:17.

Tags are not really helpful. I don`t have time to check catalogues of all those people. (Yeah, I know it`s not an Astral Projection track -_- (though I wouldn`t mind at if it was their new stuff) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XU0d-nhM4

This site is my last hope in the universe.

Thank you both for your fast replies. Tom!, you`re right, that`s the one. I have just listened to it on YouTube and it has a nice intro and a first couple of minutes but then goes a bit too much on the soft side. So I wish AP make something different.

happy new year