Which online shop do you use?

Anoebis

Just a simple question, where do you buy your MOST online cds? So choose 1 shop (or one of the other options), and if it changed in the years... Why did you change?

In my case I only buy from Saikosounds lately as it is the only shop that has the weird/less commercial releases today :) I use Psy Harmonics and Psyshop sometimes too, but not much

I used to buy mainly from psyshop but I recently changed to saiko sounds because they are faster to deliver (usually a day or 2)

I usually buy most of my CDs though from physical shops. Tower records for new stuff. Also Recofan which has to be my favourite shop ever, they have lots of 2nd hand stuff usually in great condition for really cheap :)

the Canadian Dollar is doing well... everything seems cheaper to me lately..

I find the shipping cheaper on saiko sounds... and faster...

(averae CD price one year ago? $18... now $16...)

Saiko Sounds all the way for me. Super fast shipping, good customer service, free items with big purchases.....

I used to use Psyshop and never had any major issues, but their customer support is basically 0 (I've never had an email answered from them, even on record label business) and on one of my orders I ordered a 2x Vinyl that arrived fine. However when it arrived their was a sticker on the shrink wrapping saying it includes a special free bonus disc included in it (limited to X number of copies), but the shrink wrapping was cut open and the disc had been removed and wasn't included. On the site itself nothing was said about this "bonus disc" so I got exactly what I ordered, but I still found it somewhat lame that someone there would remove and keep the free disc and then ship the rest of the package like it was no big deal. They could have at least removed the rest of the shrink wrap I would never have known the difference.

When I lived in the US I used Chaos Existence a lot too. They had fair prices (higher price per item, but less shipping costs within the US so it usually balanced out) and their customer support is excellent (they included a Christmas card to me in one order around X-mas before I moved to Japan). After moving I haven't used them much, but they are worth checking out, although their sales focus has shifted a big in the last couple years.

Saiko Sounds & Beatspace all the way!

They both have lengthy samples, fast delivery, fair prices and their customer service is (almost) impeccable!

Plus, both offer Paypal which I use like my debit card. :rolleyes:

Mmmm, I just don't trust Psyshop anymore. I've heard way too many horror stories about them lately.

<_<

I have 3 Cd's arriving any day now from Saiko Sounds!

Muahhh.... I can't wait!!

:D

i think there is already a bunch of topics like this..

but anyway.. psyshop is the way to go for me (fastest shop to the netherlands). if psyshop doesnt have it.. saiko..

service at psyshop has been more than excellent btw. they replaced a damaged cd a while ago without any problems!

I voted for Psyshop. I mainly use this shop since the shipping is cheaper than Saikosounds. But saikosounds has a bigger stock imho. If I order stuff in my own country, I use www.cede.ch.

none, but i use ebay all the time. does that count?  :huh:

597695[/snapback]

because youre a fucking oldschooler! HI ENDAH! :)

EDIT: Shit, i just spammed this thread I guess.. I use several diffrent ones, I cant chose.

because youre a fucking oldschooler! HI ENDAH! :)

EDIT: Shit, i just spammed this thread I guess.. I use several diffrent ones, I cant chose.

597721[/snapback]

HI NEMO! :) well yeah, oldschool is TEH SHIT!1

..and two minutes later i bought a cd from psyshop, bah :P

Mostly Psyshop but I also order a ton from Saikosounds... Also use Amazon.co.uk for stuff that's more widely available, and then there's of course buying directly from the label (just purchased Secede from Sending Orbs... Looking forward to it A LOT :) )

When I lived in the US I used Chaos Existence a lot too. They had fair prices (higher price per item, but less shipping costs within the US so it usually balanced out) and their customer support is excellent (they included a Christmas card to me in one order around X-mas before I moved to Japan). After moving I haven't used them much, but they are worth checking out, although their sales focus has shifted a big in the last couple years.

597684[/snapback]

I always found Chaos Existence very frustrating. I always had to wait for them to get stuff in stock that shops like Saikosounds and Psyshop (and Futuretrance at the time - remember???) had in stock, and often they never even stocked the good stuff, so I gave up on them fairly quickly. I remember the guy who owns the place being super-friendly, though.

All my psy orders go to Saikosounds, but several years ago I used Psyshop and Futuretrance a lot more.

I always found Chaos Existence very frustrating. I always had to wait for them to get stuff in stock that shops like Saikosounds and Psyshop (and Futuretrance at the time - remember???) had in stock, and often they never even stocked the good stuff, so I gave up on them fairly quickly. I remember the guy who owns the place being super-friendly, though.

All my psy orders go to Saikosounds, but several years ago I used Psyshop and Futuretrance a lot more.

598025[/snapback]

Fair point. Thinking back on it, while I used Chaos A LOT, it was always for older releases no-one else seemed to be selling anymore.

Psyshop and Saikosounds for me, most of the time psyshop because of the fast delivery! but Saikosounds if psyshop hasn't got it ;)

Both excellent in delivering.

598132[/snapback]

It is just a shame that saikosounds is based so far east because I have found their service lightening fast (I live in Japan). It's not the shop but the post that takes time I think!

Saikosounds is in Hong Kong right?