Did you first hear psytrance on mp3 or on a cd?

cangrejo

on the radio! 

491403[/snapback]

I wish German local Radiostations would play psytrance, but no, they must play instead fucking HipHop or Pop or German stupid folk music, okay i hate bulgarian Popfolk alzo, i never heard on a GERMAN local radio station psytrance AT ALL!!! And you Gaysatanichippie??? ...But i listened to a fammous Israelis and other groups set recorded by my cousin while playing it on a bulgarian radio station.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djnemo

I dont get the question, when I FIRST started to listen to it? Well, there was no such thing as mp3. I heard it from DAT and Vinyl back then :D

Oke, lets go back in the history of nemo for a while. When I first heard goa tracks, eat static and the lot, I was voluntarely working for a recordshop in Helsingborg called Nemesis hehe. Basically I worked there to feed my vinyl mania. Back then I could spend around 1000 euros on records a month easily, and that got me into financial troubles many times.... well, and when I got to play on parties more frequently, it paid off bigtime :D

So anyways, yeah, when I first heard goa/psy it was in the recordshop, we got copies of the Eat Static tapes, and we also had all that stuff, and I totally felt in love with it at first listen. Then came the first dragonfly, and wow was I amazed with that 12", I played all of them tracks on all parties all the time, I have 2 copies of the first one ever released, because I wanted to be able to play the tracks one after eachother.

We dont want to get into when the first compilation was released, DAMN WHAT A GOOD RECORD that was, well, still is. It always travels with me, wherever I go.

Good old memories, indeed very good old memories :D

Guest djnemo

I wish German local Radiostations would play psytrance, but no, they must play instead fucking HipHop or Pop or German stupid folk music, okay i hate bulgarian Popfolk alzo, i never heard on a GERMAN local radio station psytrance AT ALL!!! And you Gaysatanichippie??? ...But i listened to a fammous Israelis and other groups set recorded by my cousin while playing it on a bulgarian radio station.

491412[/snapback]

Did you hear about HR3? If you can get that channel, they play some decent electronic music :D

I found the scene in 2005, so of course by then mp3 was widespread. However I only downloaded a few MP3s and realised that I much preferred buying the physical CDs - artwork and CD in a box just makes a lot more sense to me than a digital file.

In Poland we have to pay a small quarterly fees for TV & Radio - I'm sure it's similar in most countries. Ask your mom :)

491095[/snapback]

We "have" to pay that here too, but I've never met anyone that pays it... Or well, I have, but most people don't pay it, because they really can't control it anyway. :o

Besides, if they send something through the air they shouldn't ask for money for it. It doesn't make sense. It's like if you'd scream something and everyone who heard it had to pay you. Crazy boons...

I HATE MONEY! IT'S RUINED ALL MY CONVERSATIONS EVER! I'M NEVER DISCUSSING ANYTHING ECONOMICAL AGAIN! LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

EDIT: Btw, I love the nostalgia. Keep it up people :D

On the radio.. it was the end of '95 and the track played was Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles. Recorded it and got me hooked. Thats how it all started.

L.

491769[/snapback]

Isn't it irritating when you're not fast enough and the start of the track leaves unrecorded eh?

Isn't it irritating when you're not fast enough and the start of the track leaves unrecorded eh?

491834[/snapback]

absolutely.. but thats not the worst - the taperecorder i had these days used to brake my tapes:S it scrolled the tape between the rotating things there and adventually broke it. Lost one beginning of great mix this way (live at Anjuna beach, '96).

L.

Yollo..

For me it was a CD.. But one my mother brought from a psychic fair... i think she was hoping for something a little more relaxing... this was god knows how many years ago when I was at school….

I have always liked it.. But it wasn’t till I passed the outdoor psytrance event at glade that I started really liking it and now prefer it over most other types of music... nice bit of luck

Yollo..

For me it was a CD.. But one my mother brought from a psychic fair...    i think she was hoping for something a little more relaxing...  this was god knows how many years ago when I was at school…. 

I have always liked it.. But it wasn’t till I passed the outdoor psytrance event at glade that I started really liking it and now prefer it over most other types of music... nice bit of luck

493229[/snapback]

oh... sadly i was wrong about my self.... it could have been MP3.. i think it was Astral projection many years ago.. which i got from MP3.com..... yes it was free... and legal..

maybe the first psy (or goa? whatever you call it) track produced?

495436[/snapback]

Not really, no. But that would be a different topic, and I'm too lazy to start a new thread =)

i first heard:

X-Dream - Irritant

The Delta - Scizoeffective

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

Wizzy Noise - Cyclotron

Wizzy Noise - Cybermancy

all on mp3 burnt to CD format.

which option do I choose?

CD.

@ phatpat... Wizzy Noise rules!! :D

Peace!