Did you first hear psytrance on mp3 or on a cd?

cangrejo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antic

YES! I'm really just interested in how old-school you all are. :o

Honestly I wonder how much the mp3 has helped the scene grow, I'm trying to prove a point, but it looks like it's the other way around. INTERESTING I MUST SAY! :D

491077[/snapback]

you should do the poll on isratrance - there's lots of teenagers who found the music recently through mp3 ;)

anyways, mp3 definitely help the growth of this scene, sadly I liked it smaller and more professional like it was 7-8 years ago when you could blindly buy new releases. today, I'd be dissapointed in 95% of releases - thanks to mp3, I can try it before buying and delete the crap from my HDD...

In what way is radio more like CD than mp3? Radio is free, mp3 is free. CD costs money.

491078[/snapback]

In Poland we have to pay a small quarterly fees for TV & Radio - I'm sure it's similar in most countries. Ask your mom :)

I would imagine that my geographic location and interest in technology from a young age contributed to MP3 being the vector by which I heard my first trance music... the web site was The Temple, and it hosted samples of various electronic music releases i.e. 3 or 4 tracks plucked from a CD and encoded at 128kbps. I remember Deviant Electronics - Catharsis was one of the very first tunes, as well as some MWNN, Hallucinogen, and Astral Projection. If it weren't for this, perhaps I wouldn't be here now, 10 years later...

It was a cd back in 1997 or 1998 which somehow a friend of my brother had left next to my bed with tracks by Man With No Name and Total Eclipse,probably a Dragonfly compilation but i cant remember right now,no need to say i never gave that cd back to the owner and its somewhere lost in my collection hehe.

MP3 on my mates computer. I think it was actually Hallucinogen - Twisted. I copied it, and have never owned the original.

491141[/snapback]

:o

I'll ringing the cops, for real.

first time i heard something was as a kid years ago and it seemed kinda nothing...

then, years later i discovered it on mp3 and remembered that i have ETNICA ALIEN PROTEIN CD FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think needless to say more ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^