Regarding Cinos Ban.

Guest djnemo

Some of you people take this forum thing too seriously.

GET A LIFE YOU WANKERS

Internet cannot in any case be a reflection of society.

Internet rules are made to be broken.Period.

"the rules"....

fuck your rules.

If you want all psynews members to be united and happy be a little democratic,open a poll about banning Cinos,before doing it.

Or make them argue for weeks,well done *clap clap*

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i was hoping it would not come to this point. But it would be only fair to some to say this...

I was against the 1 year ban of Cinos. So were other mods. I won't give names, as i don't want to create "effects". So why Cinos got the 1 year ban anyway? Nemo knows best his history with Cinos, so you can ask him.

I don't owe any appologies to anyone. I personally think different about the best way to moderate and i believe Cinos has not broken any psynews rules in the 2 days before his ban.

Some of you may have already noticed that Nemo is no longer an admin/moderator on psynews. It was his own choice to leave the team, so please everyone take into consideration that anything he writes here from now on is the result of his personal thoughts and does not actually represent my attitude (or other mods' attitude) towards the forum and its members.

I have thought about leaving the mods team because of this issue, but I think in the end psynews would be better with me as a mod than without me.

Thanks for reading.

So you're saying that Cinos is banned because of personal problems with Nemo who is not a mod anymore....? Nemo started this thread saying that Cinos was banned cause he was spreading negativity to the forums...!!

Anyway Nemo, may not be a mod anymore, but he is still locking threads, post official moderator's announcements and pin them as well...! And as it appears now he bans members cause of personal issues.....Since when members can do all these....?

So you're saying that Cinos is banned because of personal problems with Nemo who is not a mod anymore....? Nemo started this thread saying that Cinos was banned cause he was spreading negativity to the forums...!!

Anyway Nemo, may not be a mod anymore, but he is still locking threads, post official moderator's announcements and pin them as well...! And as it appears now he bans members cause of personal issues.....Since when members can do all these....?

491010[/snapback]

Nemo left AFTER he posted the announcement and stuff. He was still admin when that happened and as an admin he had the right to post the announcement.

About the ban itself, since moni allready posted some details I'll add some more from my point (I was also against the ban): Interpreting moni's text in the way that Cinos got only banned because he had issues with Nemo is not entirely correct. The reasons for the ban that were posted were the real ones (spreading negativity and such). BUT not all mods agreed that those incidents are enough for a ban of this lenght (or a ban at all). Unfortunately the admin(s) allready banned him and even when several mods would have agreed to a shorter ban (some of the mods are also ok with this ban, even when they would have agreed to a shorter one, so it's not only an admin thing) there was no way of changing the ban for us.

A statement that people dont understand...

Never knew Cinos has secret super powers.

Maybe you are right,we are all stupid,too stupid to understand Cinos' statements.

Especially the negative comments about the sun being worthless etc,i really cant understand,could you please explain it to me?

490880[/snapback]

He's just a little sad... Banning him doesn't make it better :(:(:(:(

Some of you people take this forum thing too seriously.

GET A LIFE YOU WANKERS

Internet cannot in any case be a reflection of society.

Internet rules are made to be broken.Period.

"the rules"....

fuck your rules.

If you want all psynews members to be united and happy be a little democratic,open a poll about banning Cinos,before doing it.

Or make them argue for weeks,well done *clap clap*

490995[/snapback]

I partly agree, but i find it just sad that a member like Cinos will not be able to post anymore because of such a "subjective" ban. Yes it is not the end of the world, but that is a pity.

GET A LIFE YOU WANKERS

hehe, well we can express our opinion, as far as i am concerned i don't give a real importance of this ban as it is not a so serious thing, but just wanted to give my views on it.

By the way, you post 10 messages a day ; ) (Get a life ^_^ )

By the way, you post 10 messages a day ; ) (Get a life ^_^ )

491066[/snapback]

By the way,i dont post 10 messages a day.I used to post more than 10 messages a day when i worked for 10 hours a day and i needed some breaks from works.

And by the way,i wasnt talking about postcount,i was talking about taking this whole thing seriously.

Get a brain ^_^

By the way,i dont post 10 messages a day.I used to post more than 10 messages a day when i worked for 10 hours a day and i needed some breaks from works.

And by the way,i wasnt talking about postcount,i was talking about taking this whole thing seriously.

Get a brain  ^_^

491072[/snapback]

:angry:^_^

Bottom line.....

Ban for 1 year is unfair...! It's also hypocritic to say "You're banned for a year, but after that you're welcome back...." don't you think...?

491076[/snapback]

Thats the point.If he comes back after a year,he is lame.He will fall at the same level with those who banned him.

i cant agree more with u mr.Basilis,this is the most pathetic quote i've ever read in this forum for ages... :ph34r:

491073[/snapback]

Your argument is highly persuasive, I must admit. No - wait, your message has absolutely no substance and you didn't back anything up. Righty then!

You have a fundamental lack of understanding with regards to free speech and the internet. This is someone's site, although as an online community the members naturally grow to exert a sense of ownership over it. However it may seem to you, this is still being operated, maintained, and paid for by individuals - not the community at large. Your sense that you have a right to express opinions here is false; it's a priviledge to be here. The pragmatic reality of things are, despite the lack of intrinsic freedoms, we are all expressing our opinions anyway - in large numbers, with some degree of conflict and tension, without much tact or mutual respect at times. What this means is that although the site does not gaurantee free speech, we as users are enjoying near-total freedom, with the easy alternative of visiting any other forum to express ourselves if we feel confined here. There will always be another place that lets you say whatever ignorant, racist, bigoted, prejudiced, unnecessary nonsense you may feel like spewing out to the world. Cinos is lucky that way, while the admin team here at Psynews undergoes no shortage of grief for exerting some control over their own fucking site. The people who actually do have the rights and freedoms have a difficult time expressing them, while all of us who do not are perpetually making use of freedoms we don't technically have, except at the courtesy of the site owners. This is the nature of human behavior in group settings online.

490901[/snapback]

You're not the first to use this argument, and I have never understood it.

What's your point? All hail the leaders and agree with their decisions or stfu? I think they made a wrong decision. I voice my opinion. I get a reply that doesn't convince I'm still allowed to protest. No? :huh:

Besides, I thought the psy scene was, well, at least partly, about tolerance. That includes being tolerant towards the people that are not being tolerant towards you! Otherwise there's no trick in being tolerant!!!

But fuck it. The decision has been taken. I see 10 posts for lifting the ban for every 1 one post supporting it, and nothing's changed.

But goddamnit. I'll voice my opinion any fucking time I want to. :angry:

ok, time for my words :P

I was also against banning Cinos. But otherwise he was spreading alot of negative comments all the time, but imo not enough for banning.

Anyway, the decission was taken, so no way back, and no more need for commenting this decission or moderators for 10 more pages...

We learn from past experiences to make the future better on this forum! Let's all try to make it as nice as possible! right here right now! :)

(and this deserves a ... BOM SHANKAR!) :D

We learn from past experiences to make the future better on this forum! Let's all try to make it as nice as possible! right here right now! :)

491102[/snapback]

Yeah!Lets just look away,everything will be solved!!

ok, time for my words :P

I was also against banning Cinos. But otherwise he was spreading alot of negative comments all the time, but imo not enough for banning.

Anyway, the decission was taken, so no way back, and no more need for commenting this decission or moderators for 10 more pages...

491102[/snapback]

You was against the ban, Moni was against the ban, Tatsu was against the ban....so the of the mods that wanted Cinos to be banned is DP, Insejn, Nemo, and Mars....right...?

And all this cause he was spreading negativity in the forums....? Does this sound lame only to me....? There must be other reasons for it that you don't want us to know.....

Edit...about the past experiences you are talking about, there was never a case that a member was banned for such an unfair reason.....I hope you didn't have Bruce, Jacob, or even Rain in mind when you were writing this cause there is nothing in common with Cinos case.....

You was against the ban, Moni was against the ban, Tatsu was against the ban....so the of the mods that wanted Cinos to be banned is DP, Insejn, Nemo, and Mars....right...?

And all this cause he was spreading negativity in the forums....? Does this sound lame only to me....? There must be other reasons for it that you don't want us to know.....

491113[/snapback]

you took the words out of my mouth goaaz(can i say that in english?)

last time i checked(20secs ago) there were 6 mods,and mars the admin.

so far, 3 mods state that they were against the ban.

conclusion: either it was a very close call or somebody had the final word in this situation.

OR some are lying about their decision after seeing that the majority didnt appreciate the ban.

I know its a hell of an accusation to make,but its a bit strange to see one after the other mod say that he was against the ban....

I think he meant this Cinos incident when he talks about past experiences to learn from.

you took the words out of my mouth goaaz(can i say that in english?)

last time i checked(20secs ago) there were 6 mods,and mars the admin.

so far, 3 mods state that they were against the ban.

conclusion: either it was a very close call or somebody had the final word in this situation.

OR some are lying about their decision after seeing that the majority didnt appreciate the ban.

I know its a hell of an accusation to make,but its a bit strange to see one after the other mod say that he was against the ban....

491117[/snapback]

Nobody is lieing about not being for the ban. I can assure you that.

If you count six mod and the amdin, you can see this makes a total of seven, plus nemo wo used to be an admin. Eight in total then. So you can see for yourself how the votes were. Plus admins can overvote us mods so to say.

Beside the fact that it's fair or not, i think this ban was the best thing that could happen to Cinos, just to get him away from the computer. The amount of time he spent on this forum was just not good for him. I hope he now get's out from behind his pc, into the real world and does all the things he's been talking about for centuries....

Beside the fact that it's fair or not, i think this ban was the best thing that could happen to Cinos, just to get him away from the computer. The amount of time he spent on this forum was just not good for him. I hope he now get's out from behind his pc, into the real world and does all the things he's been talking about for centuries....

491128[/snapback]

This sounds like a lame excuse to me since you can't ban someone for such an unfair reason and then claim you did the right thing for him.....It was his choise to have this life, you can comment his lifestyle, but you can't force him to change it.....

Does this sounds fair to you....?