Regarding Cinos Ban.

Guest djnemo

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Rule of Intelligence. If your opinion is forged somewhere other than the realm of fact or personal experience, then consider yourself an idiot.

491252[/snapback]

idiot is someone that wants the other to follow the same principles and ideas as himself :) think about it

i wont confirm jack... ive given my 5 cents to this matter. 4 people of the mod/admin team wanted the ban. if it wouldnt have been for my 1 year suggestion, it would have been a PERMANENT ban, end of story.

491294[/snapback]

your a merciful guy nemo, so bad you're not a mod anymore :(

idiot is someone that wants the other to follow the same principles and ideas as himself  :) 

491299[/snapback]

Yeah? whats that got to do with the price of eggs? I dont expect anyone to follow my ideas or principles.

i wont confirm jack... ive given my 5 cents to this matter. 4 people of the mod/admin team wanted the ban. if it wouldnt have been for my 1 year suggestion, it would have been a PERMANENT ban, end of story.

491294[/snapback]

IMHO this is just halfe of the truth... Mars woulnd't have minded a permanent ban but the discussion between us mods and the admins were about if the one year ban was needed or if a shorter one would do it. But I guess it doesn't matter anyway because the decision was made and can't be changed. And it also doesn't matter how many mods were for this ban or how many mods would also accept a shorter ban or whatever. We can discuss it here as long as we want, it's not changeable, this is the real end of story.

And close the topic sounds ok for me, everything has been said. I say I'll close it tomorrow so if anybody has somethign important to add, better hurry... ;)

Yeah? whats that got to do with the price of eggs? I dont expect anyone to follow my ideas or principles.

491301[/snapback]

so why do you think Cinos can't speak bullshit about something he doesn't know? isn't that a principle of yours?

I miss Alexander :(

but he's at blueroom.. just like Cinnie and Spindrift. Go there if you really miss em. I sure as hell don't see most of you guys ever posting there.. people just like whining eh?

so why do you think Cinos can't speak bullshit about something he doesn't know? isn't that a principle of yours?

491306[/snapback]

Yes, I personally beleive people shouldnt speak bullshit about things they know nothing of. But thats just a personal irritation of mine. If your the type of person who thinks thats the right thing to do, then so be it. Your not going to get very far in life if thats the way you think. But everyone is different. Some smarter than others obviously.

I started today but there is not that much going on at the moment...

Guest djnemo

IMHO this is hust halfe of the truth... Mars woulnd't have minded a permanent ban but the discussion between us mods and the admins were about if the one year ban was needed or if a shorter one would do it. But I guess it doesn't matter anyway because the decision was made and can't be changed. And it also doesn't matter how many mods were for this ban or how many mods would also accept a shorter ban or whatever. We can discuss it here as long as we want, it's not changeable, this is the real end of story.

And close the topic sounds ok for me, everything has been said. I say I'll close it tomorrow so if anybody has somethign important to add, better hurry... ;)

491305[/snapback]

yeah it is the end of the story, talk to mars, thats my suggestion.

491305[/snapback]

Why close the topic completely? Why not just move it to a more fitting place such as Off Topic. If it's closed people will only open similar threads.

I miss Alexander :(

but he's at blueroom.. just like Cinnie and Spindrift. Go there if you really miss em. I sure as hell don't see most of you guys ever posting there..

491308[/snapback]

I do too, his abstract musings were often funny.

Why close the topic completely? Why not just move it to a more fitting place such as Off Topic. If it's closed people will only open similar threads.

491314[/snapback]

Because sooner or later the discussion has to end imho. Especially because nothing that will be said will change anything (sadly imho). That does not mean that I want to censor anything or something like that but I feel like after a certain period of time it's just going in circles. Anyway, I'm off now and as I've said depending on if the discussion is dried out more or less I'll close the thread tomorrow.

Yes, I personally beleive people shouldnt speak bullshit about things they know nothing of. But thats just a personal irritation of mine. If your the type of person who thinks thats the right thing to do, then so be it. Your not going to get very far in life if thats the way you think. But everyone is different. Some smarter than others obviously.

491309[/snapback]

don't you see that area between "should not speak that" and "must speak that"?

i guess i'm in between... thinking about respect :(

i guess this leaves me out of the smart-guy-club :ph34r:

don't you see that area between "should not speak that" and "must speak that"?

i guess i'm in between... thinking about respect  :(

i guess this leaves me out of the smart-guy-club  :ph34r:

491322[/snapback]

There are certain things that I dont respect. Ego-driven on-the-fly opinion generation is one of them. Thats how you develop a solid personality. By having educated opinions on everything. And if you dont know something, accept you dont know enough to have an opinion, and find out about it. read up about it. Ask others about it. Experience it. Then develop an opinion, when you feel you know enought to have one.

An opinion is a priviledge you have to work for. Otherwise its just uneducated ramblings that no one gives a toss about.

There are certain things that I dont respect. Ego-driven on-the-fly opinion generation is one of them. Thats how you develop a solid personality. By having educated opinions on everything. And if you dont know something, accept you dont know enough to have an opinion, and find out about it. read up about it. Ask others about it. Experience it. Then develop an opinion, when you feel you know enought to have one.

An opinion is a priviledge you have to work for. Otherwise its just uneducated ramblings that no one gives a toss about.

491329[/snapback]

i respect ego-driven on-the-fly opinion generation, or else i wouldn't respect almost anybody (including myself). that doesn't mean i agree with them. totally diferent issue.

"a solid personality" for me can be the best and the worst thing... illusion is all around :)

i totally disagree opinion is a priviledge. i think that quote is almost xenophobic. opinion is just opinion. i can have an wonderful opinion and be a dick in my acts/words... and that is what counts. this is something for a LOT of people to think about.

And i think Cinos was striving for confrontation and argumentation, in order to develop his opinion. but this is my opinion only. i don't judge nobody, and specially i don't think someone should leave just because i don't agree with his behaviour.

people that defend that Cinos is well-banned are being fascist IMO

and Mars is the only one that has legitimacy to be a fascist ;)

:lol:

i respect ego-driven on-the-fly opinion generation, or else i wouldn't respect almost anybody (including myself). that doesn't mean i agree with them. totally diferent issue.

"a solid personality" for me can be the best and the worst thing... illusion is all around  :)

i totally disagree opinion is a priviledge. i think that quote is almost xenophobic. opinion is just opinion. i can have an wonderful opinion and be a dick in my acts/words... and that is what counts. this is something for a LOT of people to think about.

And i think Cinos was striving for confrontation and argumentation, in order to develop his opinion. but this is my opinion only. i don't judge nobody, and specially i don't think someone should leave just because i don't agree with his behaviour.

people that defend that Cinos is well-banned are being fascist IMO

and Mars is the only one that has legitimacy to be a fascist  ;)

:lol:

491337[/snapback]

I understand your opinion, and respect it. I dont agree with it though but we will have to agree to disagree on this.

we cannot solve problems in life with bom shankars,and all these things about negativity in forums and spiritual "GOA" stuff...come on guys dont u find them ridicilus??????

hey anoebis i didint knew u were a skazi/parasense/GMS fan  ;)

491140[/snapback]

i agree partly.

but the bom shankar ritual might have made people calmer :S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chillum

Usually the ganja or charas will be mixed with tobacco. Hindu Ceremony: The safi cloth is wetted, the stone inserted and then the mix is deposited in the chillum until it is full. Then the mouth piece of the chillum is cupped between two hands forming a closed prism so that the smoker may inhale the smoke without touching the chillum with his lips. To do so would no doubt provoke a violent reaction from all present for such a break of etiquette. A match is struck by a second party and before the smoker inhales various praises to Shiva will be chanted such as "Boom Shankar" or "Boom Bolenath" The smoker must puff violently to ignite the chillum adequately which he will then pass always to the person on his right, preferably supporting his right arm with his left (except for Kali chillums which are passed to the left and usually include opium and ganja in the mix). The required etiquette can become quite complex and the average Westerner has little or no chance of meeting the ritual standards of a sadhu. Rastafari Ceremony: A ritual chillum used in Rasta sessions and grounations is made of a cow's horn fitted with a large, concial, wooden bowl.

off topic post.

I understand your opinion, and respect it. I dont agree with it though but we will have to agree to disagree on this.

491340[/snapback]

:) respect

boOm

Back on topic : )

I ask you a question : What is a ban for?

My answer : as it is a public forum, a ban is to put away people who disturb too much the forums, thay disturb too much most of the people, and then they have to be excluded.

The moderators ban, Ok. But they ban for the the well being of the forum right? Isn't this the job of moderator? Yes it is.

Now look, according to this thread (or perhaps, the ones who were for the ban don't wanna post here (why?)), so according to this thread, only a few people here were disturbed by Cinos, the other people found his posts "interesting" if the word is right, annying sometimes but interesting. Yes "interesting" because otherwise nobody would have replied to him.

IMO, the question is : What is a ban for?

I let you answer...

Jesus christ. Stop your bitching, all of you. I cant even hear you and your all giving me a headache.

Cinos is banned. If you guys dont like how the mods run this forum, tough. Find another forum then. Its not "owned" by us and we have no right to bitch about what happens.

Mars "PAYS" for this forum, it belongs to him. Do any of you pay for it?

No?

Then STFU.

:)

Thank you.

491150[/snapback]

From the forum rules:

"Of course, you may not like something and say it. You may agree or not on someone's point, and say it too. But be a gentleman/woman doing so. Be constructive !"

No offence but we have no say.  :)

491164[/snapback]

No offence but you are wrong! :)

From the forum rules:

"Of course, you may not like something and say it. You may agree or not on someone's point, and say it too. But be a gentleman/woman doing so. Be constructive ! "

...Hopefully, he can have his sentence reduced in the near future.

:rolleyes:

Didn't you just ask people to stop "bitching" ?

i agree partly.

but the bom shankar ritual might have made people calmer :S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chillum

Usually the ganja or charas will be mixed with tobacco. Hindu Ceremony: The safi cloth is wetted, the stone inserted and then the mix is deposited in the chillum until it is full. Then the mouth piece of the chillum is cupped between two hands forming a closed prism so that the smoker may inhale the smoke without touching the chillum with his lips. To do so would no doubt provoke a violent reaction from all present for such a break of etiquette. A match is struck by a second party and before the smoker inhales various praises to Shiva will be chanted such as "Boom Shankar" or "Boom Bolenath" The smoker must puff violently to ignite the chillum adequately which he will then pass always to the person on his right, preferably supporting his right arm with his left (except for Kali chillums which are passed to the left and usually include opium and ganja in the mix). The required etiquette can become quite complex and the average Westerner has little or no chance of meeting the ritual standards of a sadhu. Rastafari Ceremony: A ritual chillum used in Rasta sessions and grounations is made of a cow's horn fitted with a large, concial, wooden bowl.

off topic post.

491344[/snapback]

if just all religions where as open minded about altered states as this...

imagine attending sunday church,and smoking in a similar,ritualistic way....

its so fucking spiritual....

the actual "ritual" of smoking is imo very profound and mystic,not just "lets get stoned" and play ps2....