Psykovsky

Basilisk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:lol::lol:

Looks like someone's stupid :)

I'm from Ukraine and I don't like death-trance too... so what? :) Britney Spears land... :lol::rolleyes:B)

It's a pitty that some people find 'dark' as the alternative to fluffy music... I mean... are we talking about 'intelligence' or bpm/hard-kick/bassline stuff? :huh:

Also... I think that this hard music is influenced by hard drugs (meth/speed/2cb/dob for instance) and I know they are SO popular in Russia among some people, they use them very often.

So... hard music for hard junkies. It's called 'marketing' :D

yeah or course u like ocelot because his is from usa

u r typical american men))) who dont like european music)) i understand u))

let me guess u like Mubali also, Penta, and all others from usa)))

btw their all my friends and i respect their music and they mine....

maybe they dont liky my music but they not saying everytime(i dont like psyfactor, Darkpsy and else)  LIKE U R all)))) as i see last time)) this topic about psykovsky and even in this topic someone like u saying I DONT LIKE PSYFACTOR

why me? why everytime saying about my music? all people forgot it already and some fluffy men continue screaming about it)))

and besides - did i ask that u have to like MY music?))))) hehe oh god! it makes me laugh

405801[/snapback]

I was born in USSR. I didn't hear your music. But i liked the old Psykovsky and Parasense. I very much like Neoris and some Russian tech trance projects.

maybe they dont liky my music but they not saying everytime(i dont like psyfactor, Darkpsy and else)  LIKE U R all)))) as i see last time)) this topic about psykovsky and even in this topic someone like u saying I DONT LIKE PSYFACTOR

why me? why everytime saying about my music? all people forgot it already and some fluffy men continue screaming about it)))

and besides - did i ask that u have to like MY music?))))) hehe oh god! it makes me laugh

405801[/snapback]

Is this for real? Please, tell me it's a joke. :unsure:

405801[/snapback]

It makes me sad that a human who is this unintelligent can get signed and make music...

It makes me sad that a human who is this unintelligent can get signed and make music...

405959[/snapback]

And with that we can draw the conclusion, how unintelligent are the labelheads signing artists like theese? :huh:

And with that we can draw the conclusion, how unintelligent are the labelheads signing artists like theese?  :huh:

406175[/snapback]

that has nothing to do with the quality of the music, imo. though I didn't like the Psyfactor album very much, there are some people who did. subjective taste plays a role here...

I think the Psykovsky album is decent, some very interesting tracks on there, probably will see some play from me.

Maybe I should add that I'm not a fan of the current wave of dark music, I find it to be unpsychedelic and uninspired noise most of the time (noteable exceptions are Scatterbrain, Ocelot and Penta). Psykovskys album on the other hand is very psychedelic and demented.

404914[/snapback]

I totally agree with you on Scatterbrain (will a follow-up ever come out?) but are you referring to Penta's old or new album or both? Both albums sound totally different to me, and I thought Penta - Pentafiles was really good dark psy. The second was a disappointment when compared to the first I felt.

I just sampled Psykovsky's debut album. I find some of it... interesting. Layers of twisted sounds, little melodies, but sometimes it sounds more twisted, crazy, and fast, than it sounds dark in tone and nature if that makes any sense. Nonetheless, some tracks sound interesting to me.

At times, parts seem a bit too fast, harsh, scattered, and noisy. Track 7 for example I find highly annoying, like the song isn't nearly as focused as some other songs, it doesn't flow as well. Scattered and noisy sounding is a big gripe I have with most dark psytrance albums being released today. Of course, what you consider "scattered" or "noisey sounding" is a matter of preference. Nonetheless, some people seem to agree.

However, he has lots of cool sounds mixed in all over the place, and at times -- just when I think the songs getting repetitive, it changes. I really enjoy the melodies, chimes, samples, and rare echoed voices. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate those softer, more elegant elements due to all the percussion and industrial sound.

After reading the great words that someone said about the track, Wishful Sinful, I heard the sample on psyshop and thought how repeptive and boring?!?! Then I listened to the longer sample on Saiko sounds and (although the sample quality is less) I thought it sounded very good, catchy. So I sampled all of the "longer" samples, and now I have a much better impression of the album. I like it, however I won't list it with the best of the old dark psytance albums. I feel that this album sounds much better than than most dark psytrance albums being released today.

According to the samples: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_la...sp?label_id=591

...there are two tracks on this album by OSOM. Why would there be two tracks by another artist on someones debut album? Unless I'm missing something. :huh:

I totally agree with you on Scatterbrain (will a follow-up ever come out?) but are you referring to Penta's old or new album or both? Both albums sound totally different to me, and I thought Penta - Pentafiles was really good dark psy. The second was a disappointment when compared to the first I felt.

406496[/snapback]

I'm refering to the first Penta album, and just like you I was disappointed by the second one.

I just sampled Psykovsky's debut album. I find some of it... interesting. Layers of twisted sounds, little melodies, but sometimes it sounds more twisted, crazy, and fast, than it sounds dark in tone and nature if that makes any sense. Nonetheless, some tracks sound interesting to me.

I didn't get the album until I listened carefully to Wishful Sinful and then I was really impressed. It made me quit whatever I was doing and lay down on my bed and listen to the album from start, and I was just blown away, long time since that happened.

However, he has lots of cool sounds mixed in all over the place, and at times -- just when I think the songs getting repetitive, it changes. I really enjoy the melodies, chimes, samples, and rare echoed voices. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate those softer, more elegant elements due to all the percussion and industrial sound.

You really have to listen to the songs from the beginning to get into the right mood, and the quality of the samples obviously won't give you the full experience. If you have a good surround setup at home this album is very rewarding.

After reading the great words that someone said about the track, Wishful Sinful, I heard the sample on psyshop and thought how repeptive and boring?!?! Then I listened to the longer sample on Saiko sounds and (although the sample quality is less) I thought it sounded very good, catchy. So I sampled all of the "longer" samples, and now I have a much better impression of the album.

It might have been me praising Wishful Sinful, and thing is with most songs on this album: you have to listen to them from start to finish, no skipping or sampling, because there's lots of storytelling going on, and Wishful Sinful is afterall 12 minutes long.

I like it, however I won't list it with the best of the old dark psytance albums. I feel that this album sounds much better than than most dark psytrance albums being released today.

Just wait till you get it and can listen to it in it's full glory! ;)

+ CPC as well

406517[/snapback]

Wow, didn't know that. Going to listen to some Osom tracks now to see if I can hear which part was made by whom :)

Anyway... I like Psykovsky's production and the sounds are nicely twisted BUT I really dislike those stuttering kicks. Like BOOOOOM BOOOOOM boomBOOOOOM BOOOOOM where they go from on-bass to off-bass. And almost every track has them. They just do nothing for me.

Darkpsy - what an interesting artist name :P

405487[/snapback]

Take a look at the tracklisting:

03 Full Psychedelic (6:51)

05 Insanity (6:28)

07 Hell In Pain (6:49)

09 Aliens (6:30)

10 Deamons From Hell (8:06)

Even I can come up with better names... :rolleyes:

It makes me sad to read this thread. Why is it so hard to respect producers for their work they do? Even if you don't like the music you still can respect the artist, no need to insult them. The artists is investing a lot of work and time in a music project like a cd album and the label is investing also a lot of time, work and money to make it possible to release the album.

I don't need to quote posters here as it speaks for itself but it not fair to bash producers and labels up if you don't like their music or the track titles. Why is it sooo hard to just write good critics about wheter you like or don't like certain music styles or albums?

Subjective taste plays a role here...

Regards, Mouka

oh now, has mr psyfactor been complaining about the bullies at psynews?

IMHO it's him that is calling us names.... we here are just expressing our personal view on a certain music style, even if it is in a quite rude manner, do please consider it a joke. And yes we do still respect the artist, except when the dude comes over here calling us names and generally sayin 'I'm an artist, I'm right because of that, and you should all stfu !'

what r u saying? did you not understand it very well? am i wrong? well then what does this mean?

darkpsy - fear? boring album IMHO dude

110% agreed... then again I didn't like Psyfactor either.

- hehehe yeah yeah the Britney Spears land will never understand pure dark music))

405729[/snapback]

here he's saying that i don't like the darkpsy album because i am too stupid for that, and therefore am a britney spears fan. ok even if the britney thing was ajoke, he's still saying that i am simply not bright enought to understand this music :blink: YAY thank you psyfactor

405801[/snapback]

and here he's blaming a person from israel for being american, and therefore being a racist and only liking american psy.....but that's not insulting is it? or am i simply not bright enought to understand that it isn't?

i like mr psyfactor's music to a certain extent (even bought his cd ffs!) , but this kind of bullshit is just outrageous, and i don't respect him for that. i mean this certainly shows he think's he's better than us doesn't it?

i think it's very wrong that artists like the one mentioned always think they are right and have the right to speak in this way just because they make music that is being released.....

i think your friend should learn the difference between not respecting music, and not respecting a person.

Cause if so we'd all go isratrance-style like "you fokin homo psyfactor your music sux balls because you are from russia and your friend darkpsy is a fag too because he has e silly name!"

And i don't see people posting that kinda mindless shit here do i? oh yea, i'm wrong! there's this dude psyfactor posting shit like that...

i respect psyfactor as an artist

i find his style a bit hard to get into because of the heavy basslines, but he has a unique style and i respect him for that - i also think his tune on timeless flash is one of the best darkpsy tracks ever

i also tend to like darkpsy's releases, his tracks on run motherfucker run and on theta frequencies kick ass

i haven't bought his album (yet) because the samples i've heard so far indeed do sound boring

and just to make sure, i also respect trishula a great deal for releasing innovative, high quality music

that said, i think psyfactor's posts in here were way out of line, and it's unfair to claim people have been disrespecting or insulting artists without taking a look at his own behaviour first

My post was just about the feeling I had when reading this thread. It was not meant to defend Psyfactor as he can himself, he is very well capabale for that. His reply in this thread was emotionally stated I guess, but he could for sure left out the blaming & flaming. I was only pointing out that it would be an interesting thread when people comment on their criticism as well. And like I said before, taste is a subjective matter.

BoM!

Mouka :rolleyes:

eh, Psyfactor got really pissed when I commented on his album on Isratrance. to the effect that I don't "understand" his music. It seems that he equates people who don't like his stuff with not understanding it. It's not a very intelligent choice for the artist to make because there will always be lots and lots of people with good taste who just simply don't like his music.