Psykovsky

Basilisk

I'm extremely impressed by it. It's one of the very best dark albums I've heard, including the classics of the golden era. Wishfun Sinful is an amazing track, probably the most impressive I've heard since Delta's The Thing. Psykovsky has renewed my faith in this scene, weird and psychedelic music can still be made.

Maybe I should add that I'm not a fan of the current wave of dark music, I find it to be unpsychedelic and uninspired noise most of the time (noteable exceptions are Scatterbrain, Ocelot and Penta). Psykovskys album on the other hand is very psychedelic and demented.

I love it, and I'm pretty sure it will be the album of the year for me.

404914[/snapback]

in starstruck :lol: that track (wishful sinfull) is a piece of art!! feels like on trip ~

please lets hope this scene is going original again !

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acid or ketamine? I'm figuring it's a hearty dose of the latter... this album is pretty fucked up.

410680[/snapback]

i agree this is a dark trip to the deranged land, and its not everybodys cup of tea :blink:

after listening to the album i think i was only impressed by wishful sinful.. the best track this year so far!

• 1 month later...

Once again, I love this album. It just gets better and better.

Seems like he has put alot of work into this one.

Lovin it!!!

Well I liked Psyfactor ;)I found he's one of the only ones who still sticks to putting dark atmospheres in his tracks whereas most "dark psy" artists today basically make Detroit techno with a rolling bassline (not saying I don't like it though :) )

449395[/snapback]

And you dislike Ghreg On Earth?... :blink:

Check out SIGILWEAVER

And you dislike Ghreg On Earth?...

to tell you the truth I've never listened to his album... I know that I wasn't a big fan of his work on comps and his friends' album Tits on Fire was quite forgettable IMHO in spite all the hype surrounding it... so I didn't really see why I would get a copy of the GoE album. But maybe I'm wrong?

to tell you the truth I've never listened to his album... I know that I wasn't a big fan of his work on comps and his friends' album Tits on Fire was quite forgettable IMHO in spite all the hype surrounding it... so I didn't really see why I would get a copy of the GoE album. But maybe I'm wrong?

449690[/snapback]

.....actually I don't really know the Grapes guys. Though I dig their music and think they are very talented producers.

the comp releases aren't neccasarily a good represnetation of the sound on Sigilweaver....with exception of maybe Chapel Perilous. Most of the comp releases are best described as me just pussyfooting around my influences.

As for the topic at hand, I think the Psychovosky album is great for a number of reasons.

One. the production is phenomenal.

Two. they write their tracks outside of the 8/16/32 bar grid.

Three. excellent sound design and original composition that breaks the standard formulas and cliches.

Fans of psychedelic electronic music will likely enjoy this album.

• 2 months later...

:D  :lol:  :lol:

Looks like someone's stupid :)

I'm from Ukraine and I don't like death-trance too... so what? :) Britney Spears land...  :lol:  :rolleyes:  B)

It's a pitty that some people find 'dark' as the alternative to fluffy music... I mean... are we talking about 'intelligence' or bpm/hard-kick/bassline stuff?  :huh:

Also... I think that this hard music is influenced by hard drugs (meth/speed/2cb/dob for instance) and I know they are SO popular in Russia among some people, they use them very often.

So... hard music for hard junkies. It's called 'marketing' :D

405811[/snapback]

i totally agree with you

• 2 years later...

2nd album soon to be released and (shh) a 3rd one is in the windmill.

I still love love love the debut. It's so unique and deep down under with beautiful harmony!

more psykovsky read:

http://forum.isratrance.com/psykovsky-gene...im-if-you-like/

http://forum.isratrance.com/psykovsky-debut-russian-samples/

:ph34r: