name a good artist never mentioned here before

psychonaut

ok this is to help my effort of expanding my music collection.

also it doesnt have to be just 1 artist, but it cant be anything that u remember being discussed before.

i will start:

rotersand, grendel, akufen, bella morte, c-drone-defect, deadstar assembly, dyoxyde, killing ophelia, kuroshio current, lamia, marduk, overseer, pigface, shizit, surgeon, tumor, fantomas

Mind.In.A.Box

They released this years best album (so far anyway) called "Dreamweb".

Dreamweb places multifaceted electronics, diversity, and harmonized vocals squarely in the foreground. Behind the fragile mix of techno, electro, and ambient lies a wealth of expressive power and emotion that reveals itself only through careful, multiple listenings, like a fine painting that leaves room for interpretation, divulging its beauty piece by piece.

Check out my review here: http://www.movinghands.net/reviews/detail.asp?id=925

Nik & Jay, Creamy, Kandis, Bjørn & Okay.

305207[/snapback]

Hahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahaha.. I guess you must be a dane before you will understand the humor.

I can tell you, who don't know Nik&Jay, that they are our, danes, answer to Vanilla Ice.

ok this is to help my effort of expanding my music collection.

also it doesnt have to be just 1 artist, but it cant be anything that u remember being discussed before.

i will start:

rotersand, grendel, akufen, bella morte, c-drone-defect, deadstar assembly, dyoxyde, killing ophelia, kuroshio current, lamia, marduk, overseer, pigface, shizit, surgeon, tumor, fantomas

305047[/snapback]

I know the music of the Shizit since years now, but their site doesnt exist anymore.. their site at mp3.com went down as well... Seems like all traces have been removed.

And of course I dont have the mp3s left :(

The only thing I found out is that the Shizit have a connection with Rabbitjunk (their site: http://www.rabbitjunk.com/ ) ... some kind of nice Digital Hardcore, I like that stuff.

lets see... I remember for now some great Industrial Black Metal bands, one of my favorite styles:

Thee Maldoror Kollective (!!), Bloodline, Aborym (!!), Anaal Nathrakh(!), Diabolicum, Meridian, ...and Oceans (!!!), Sirius (!!), Thorns, Darkspace, Myrkskog(!!), Red Harvest, Skymning, Tidfall(!!), Mörk Gryning, Trollheim's Grott (!!!)

Some dark ambient/industrial/whatever stuff:

Inade, Desiderii Marginis, Cdatakill, Converter, Ah Cama Sotz, Survival Unit, Milice Burgeoisioale, Death in June, Arditi

Heliotrope & Sensum, who appear on several ZMA-compil's & the latter just released a full album there...

305168[/snapback]

heliotrope is fuckin awsome... i like metronome as well...

besides that.. hmm....

B.r.a.z.i.l

and...

kalumet...

im out for the moment

I've actually haven't heard about any group mentioned and I am suppose to be some music freak...How 'mainstream' I am... :P

I can add :

Pure - Noonbugs album ( I reviewed it here, amazing noise ambience, perfect )

Nils Petter Molvaer - He is known but was never mentione dhere...He is amazing ambient, jazzy producer, good for chillin'.

Sofa Surfers - They belong to the same crowd as Kruder & Dorfmeister making nice blend between funk, lounge and ambient.

I'' add more later... ;)

Dido!

No wait.. dont go away, let me explain..

I know that dido's music is pop music, no doubt, but just take a listen at their 2 albums, they are just amazing (really no joke).

i didnt expect anything from this music, but then i listened to it and i must say that its awesome, the bg music is just fucking great and her voice is totally beautiful. the only pop artist i really like!

Dido!

I know that dido's music is pop music, no doubt, but just take a listen at their 2 albums, they are just amazing (really no joke).

i didnt expect anything from this music, but then i listened to it and i must say that its awesome, the bg music is just fucking great and her voice is totally beautiful. the only pop artist i really like!

305737[/snapback]

I agree! Dido was a positive surprise for me too! :) Wasn't expecting anything but it turned out to be very well made pop :)

Hold your prejudices and give it a try... Dido really makes nice stuff! :)

Oh may I add Tycho ... brilliant IDM/ambient!

Don't know where to get his cds though :(

I agree! Dido was a positive surprise for me too! :) Wasn't expecting anything but it turned out to be very well made pop :)

Hold your prejudices and give it a try... Dido really makes nice stuff! :)

Oh may I add Tycho ... brilliant IDM/ambient!

Don't know where to get his cds though :(

305754[/snapback]

I like to mention Bodh Gaya - check out their Cd Ayahuasca-

The trip to the fountain of culture. :rolleyes:

Trentemoeller - Great danish act.

305323[/snapback]

I second that! Rykketid rules and Prana aswell.

New names hmm: Dirt Crew, soft electro/house stuff

:)

OK, just some random music I enjoyed lately, they´re not all really new, far from:

Psytech/Techtrance

Metalogic - Magnetic Influence (Boshke Beats)

you know where to get samples ;)

Drum´n´Bass

Technical Itch - Diagnostics (Moving Shadows)

sample

Black Sun Empire - Driving Insane (BSE)

sample

Industrial

Tarmvred - Subfusc (Ad Noiseam)

sample

In Slaughter Natives - Resurrection (Cold Meat Industry)

sample

Converter - Blast Furnace (Ant-Zen)

Experimental/whatever

Mago - Definition of raw moments from a different perspective (Ad Noiseam)

sample

Elend - Sunwar the Dead (Prophecy)

Elend - Winds devouring men (Prophecy)

sample

Rock/Pop

Sisters of Mercy - First and last and always (Mercyful Release)

sample

Tiamat - A deeper kind of slumber (Century Media)

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry (Mute Records)

sample

Most of it is pretty dark, so if you don´t like dark music just skip this post. :)

Dido!

305737[/snapback]

Dido indeed has a nice voice!

I've never heard anyone (except me) talking about CMX. It's a very popular finnish hard/prog rock band. The vocalist (A.W. Yrjänä) has great voice and the music is indeed strange, psychedelic even. And the lyrics are unbelievable!

I don't remember anyone (except me again) mentioning Soft Machine or Colosseum. They are very good jazz/prog rock. Especially the last three tracks on Colosseums album The Valentyne Suite are incredible.

Redshift

Dark synth music inspired mostly by 70s Tangerine Dream and Schulze. Made in the same style and with analog synths (moog modular etc.) and other hardware. Good albums are Redshift, Down Time, Halo.

Stars of the Lid

Drone ambient. Check The Ballasted Orchestra.

Toires

Nice arabic/eastern chillout.