This weeks stupid covers

NT

Sexy producers can put themselves on the cover IMO.

604136[/snapback]

Not many of them around.

Was it Dali who put herself on the cover. She was quite sexy but the cover still looked like it contained crap music for teeny boppers!

If you're starting to bring up the notion of "a male artist who puts himself on his album cover is gay" then that's sad. I tried to start up a new "stupid covers" thread precisely because of the argument that broke out only a few pages ago. It seems there is no escaping the sly intolerance and (at times) outright homophobia here at psynews.

604128[/snapback]

The embarassing truth: all those supposedly life changing trips didn't really change anything.

Trips can lead you onto new paths but you're ultimately the one that will have to keep on going into that direction.

604214[/snapback]

very true, but it might also be true that most of the artists don't do psychedelics... ever thought about that? no matter how OUTRAGEOUS that might sound! ;)

But really though - for Basilisk too - I don't think people mean gay as in homosexual and thus bad, but gay in the southpark-sense. Everything that sucks is gay. At least that's how I use it and if I'm wrong in doing so, well... my bad. But I agree that people shouldn't stick their faces on covers of albums. Only Aphex Twin can do that, otherwise: nobody. And no, I'm not only speaking of trance, I'm speaking of covers in general... :)

very true, but it might also be true that most of the artists don't do psychedelics... ever thought about that? no matter how OUTRAGEOUS that might sound! ;)

604219[/snapback]

that is probably right and that is also why music sucks so much these days. ;):unsure:

Well, I expected this kind of reaction on the (psy)trance scene...it´s not a surprise and honestly, I am not a big fan of artist pictures on the cover art either (those who know the covers of CDs I compiled in the past should know what I am talking about). Anyway, I believe the full-length cd album is a pure artist´s expression and thus we leave our artists freedom to choose how should their album look like, even from a design point of view. While for example Sonic Cube insisted on the most simple cover possible without any picture, Fitalic´s dream since he started making music was to release a CD album with this kind of picture on the cover. And I simply accepted that wish, especially while I know he is far from having a pop star behaviour, he just has a different view of the things than me or you.

So, in general, although I don´t usually like the photoes on covers either (actually the designer himself did a great work on the booklet itself and ep labels), I think its stupid to judge artist/label/music just on the base of this. Musically I believe its one of the best records we have ever put out, kind of fusion between progressive house/tribal/trance/tech/breaks.

Well, I expected this kind of reaction on the (psy)trance scene...it´s not a surprise and honestly, I am not a big fan of artist pictures on the cover art either (those who know the covers of CDs I compiled in the past should know what I am talking about). Anyway, I believe the full-length cd album is a pure artist´s expression and thus we leave our artists freedom to choose how should their album look like, even from a design point of view. While for example Sonic Cube insisted on the most simple cover possible without any picture, Fitalic´s dream since he started making music was to release a CD album with this kind of picture on the cover. And I simply accepted that wish, especially while I know he is far from having a pop star behaviour, he just has a different view of the things than me or you.

So, in general, although I don´t usually like the photoes on covers either (actually the designer himself did a great work on the booklet itself and ep labels), I think its stupid to judge artist/label/music just on the base of this. Musically I believe its one of the best records we have ever put out, kind of fusion between progressive house/tribal/trance/tech/breaks.

604224[/snapback]

I was about to slam these people myself ! why blame the label I was wondering...

you can't always judge a book by its cover anyways!

That cover has got it all. A blond bimbo, japanese (?) writing, headphones on girl, a gun, a tiara and to make it perfect; a nipple slip.

604299[/snapback]

It is indeed Japanese writing, katakana to be precise... it's a phonetic alphabet they use to transliterate western words. Says roughly "u-i-ji no-i-su" which is the closest they can get to Wizzy noise. [Feels smug]

It is indeed Japanese writing, katakana to be precise... it's a phonetic alphabet they use to transliterate western words. Says roughly "u-i-ji no-i-su" which is the closest they can get to Wizzy noise. [Feels smug]

604341[/snapback]

hmmm... well, it doesn't help that wizzy isn't an actual word beyond the psyartists...

Guy on cover = that's gay.

Girl on cover = teh instant win!

You people suck  :D

604248[/snapback]

Nah! Artist on a cover sucks! An arty shot of someone can look quite good. Can't think of any examples of the top of my head though!

That cover has got it all. A blond bimbo, japanese (?) writing, headphones on girl, a gun, a tiara and to make it perfect; a nipple slip.

604299[/snapback]

Don't forget the "Wizzy Noise" choker she has around her neck.

:rolleyes:

hmmm... well, it doesn't help that wizzy isn't an actual word beyond the psyartists...

604347[/snapback]

Before Micky & Uriel were famously known as Wizzy Noise, they wanted their project name to be Wizard Sound. That didn't fly so well... thus the name Wizzy Noise was born.

Japanese words for Wizard: mahoutsukai, sennin, uiza-do, kisai, sen

"...................." for Sound: yowakusuru, oto, ne, hibiki, chakujitsu, onkyou

Nothing for the word Wizzy, but for Noise I found: dotabata, souon, noizu, hibiki

Just some useless info for ya.

:P

I love the older Wizzy style!

I like the evolution of the wizzy noise sound!

604872[/snapback]

Yes!!

The progression of sound and layers is addicting. I'm just not so impressed with the "new" Wizzy sound.

Meh, I'm too fussy.

<_<