Jump to content

mars

Admin
  • Posts

    2900
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    35

Everything posted by mars

  1. Uppercase titles will not bring you more readers. There is a button on the left of your keyboard with "Caps Lock" written on it. Strike it once again please.
  2. I listened to this compilation today. It sounds sweet all along. Siebzehn tracks are the most impressive, quite close to what CBL or SolarFields do. This compilation isn't revolitionary but it hilights "less mainstream" artists with a strong potential who provide the listener with a brillant journey.
  3. Definitely these two albums: - Downhill - Silent City - Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies
  4. Please check this original interview Chaishop kindly shared with us: http://www.chaishop.com/lasso/content.lasso?id=1966
  5. I got robbed too after ordering some cds during their sellout, which I never received. I contacted Tokyokid, no answer. But I kept the bill and he'll pay me back one day.
  6. I added them last night. I hope there are interesting things for you. http://youtube.com/user/marsfab I'll add more soon....
  7. I've listened to the compil and to me this is the best Metapsy release to date. Psycho stuff. The subra and Artifact 303 tracks are especially amazing. Personnally I don't give a shit whether this is released as mp3s. No human being can do the difference between a wav and the same well encoded as VBR or >192 with Lame. 1997 or 2007, whatever...I'm happy as long as this is Goa music !!!
  8. Pleiadians - Electra Etnica - Vimana
  9. I know, I'll try to make this as fast as possible, but you know how it is with computers. I'm priviledging timezones from GMT to the middle east because it's where most trancers are, and I'm sorry americans and aussies will have to wait till it's online again.
  10. This logo was used in Gecko and Subsonic albums.
  11. I don't know if someone already noticed that, but I discovered a relationship between the German artist and the French city: Just compare: with This is puzzling.....
  12. Hi So I'm starting to prepare the migration. There will be some moments the site will be offline. I'll try to let them happen at night.
  13. Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet The Delta - Scizzoeffective Technossomy album Accidental Occidentalism Hmmwell that's all.
  14. Jamo Alto speakers with a Cambridge amplifier
  15. Fait enough. I'll check with the bugdet before the end of the week and I'll take a decision.
  16. Yes, a fundraising is a good idea but I wouldn't like to see situations in which we would hesitate to take action against some donator...you know how it is.
  17. 1) Web hosting is what we're gonna do. Psysurfeur machine is a dedicated server hoted by Infomaniak. 2) The current DSL line is minimum 6Mbps down / 1Mbps up which is faaaar enough. Psynews selfhosting started with a 512kbps modem in 2000.
  18. Hi Welcome back after TWELVE ****ing days of downtime !!!!!!!!!! A nasty DSL modem issue this time. The power supply was screwed up, which I couldn't believe at first, until it was tested -deficient-. Then it took one week to order and receive a new dc adaptor. For once it wasn't the server... While everyone was trying to spend his/her nights elsewhere than on these boards, I called my friend Manu, the owner of http://www.psysurfeur.com/ and he agreed to share his dedicated server with us. Thanks to him. It means 2 things : - Psynews will be more reliable and will have a bigger bandwidth - We may be forced to put some ad (ouch) somewhere to cover the costs. Not sure yet. There are more details to discuss and we'll study that in detail when Manu is back from the Full Moon festival. Anyway I'll try to make the migration in August, so you can expect one of downtime then, but i'll warn about that here. mars + the mods team
  19. And me. I posted a message on http://www.suntriprecords.com homepage about that issue
  20. mars

    Thirty

    I'm not posting often here, but I wanna share something: Today I'm 30. I thought I would never reach that. However, just add 4 years of babysitting, 20 of studies, 6 of work and here you are. One day, you wake up with that age that categorizes you among the old ones, those who make the average age of a party or festival rise. Those who prefer to drive a break instead of a coupé, those who don't undertsand all those new technologies, those who prefer their 5 year old jeans, those who don't get what all the young ones find so interesting in these new darkish musics... Count 1 billion seconds, that's it you're 30. That's nothing after all. - Sounds fucking grey - Yet, this morning, at 8.30am, a psytrance friend called me from Paris, at 3pm another one from Stockholm. Among those 30 years, if you can count 12 years of Psytrance, including 7 of Psynews, that sounds much more fun, isn't it ? I believe Psytrance made my life much more colourful. Psytrance helped the so shy me meet so many different and enlightened people, be it on sharp cliffs on Ibiza, in the middle of a desert in California, in the green Slovenian Alps, in a Belgian fiestzaal, in the Canadian countryside, in old French medieval highlands, in some retro hall in London, in a forest in Sweden, in a military base in Germany, in a hotel in New Zealand, in the black-prince castle in Bordeaux, on a beach in the Netherlands or in Greece, in a shop in NYC, on the 14th floor of a building in HongKong, in so many places in Paris... Hundreds of parties, thousands of tracks, millions of 4/4 kickdrums in so many countries....and Psynews...and you. Parties drove my feet, tracks drove my head, kicks drove my heart. I feel alive thanks to all this. Thank you.
  21. Hola! Mr Admin, you like your powers? :D

  22. Wow I just gave it an ear...and I took it back really fast. The first track is no more but a fullonish ripoff of 2-Unlimited, and the rest is just alike. In other words, it sounds exactly how 2-Unlimited would if they had kept on playing. It's not the first time I've heard FullOn with eurodance smells, like Vibe Tribe for example, but this goes much farer ! It's kinda melodic yeah, but I'd rather listen to regular Dutch trance for a better overall quality and less typical FullOn stigmatas.
  23. Pleiadians - Electra
  24. Iboga (by far the best) Aleph Zero Tribal Vision (no I won't tell anything about Suntrip, this wouldn't be correct héhé, but thanks a lot for the support)
×
×
  • Create New...