Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Multi-Media

Curious, is there some NEW stuff (after 2010 or so) which....

Recommended Posts

Multi-Media    15

...sounds like X-Dream (2nd album + track "children of") or MFG (3rd / 4th albums) ?

Or even "unkown stuff" from the 90ties ? I know most these however already.. I found these named albums having some unique sound. Just like Hallucinogen or Blue Planet

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psytones    119
Posted (edited)

Edit. Let me try again, i'll be back to edit this post.

Ok, uff no sorry much respect, and I think ppl in this forum will give you plenty good suggestions. I dare to try to recommend you Track 6, 3, & 1 on this album http://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/album/love-magic-the-dust-album

And check out some of these releases: https://materialmusic.bandcamp.com/

 

 

& maybe the new UX stuff is your groove? 
http://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/lazarus-rising

Edited by psytones
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anoebis    433

MFG released an album on Suntrip with only old school stuff from those years, also check out KOB for the more abstract futuristic X-Dream like sound :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh man do i need some more x-dream sounding music in my life, last time was ... what was that group/artist. Sounded just like x-dream. couldve been their brother. or dad. something something. anyway, that x-dream sound is sometimes long forgotten and i really miss it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Eye    462

Concerning X-Dream, unfortunately there isn't really anything else like their Radio album out there, or if there is, do let me know aswell :)
Oh yes, Kadasarva - Steamagination comes quite close with its unique steam/cyberpunk aesthetics, but still it isn't Radio

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Multi-Media    15

 @psytones

Thanks, I found your 1st example quite interesting but had only cheap headphones - need to listen on hifi cause the drums sounded a bit strange, but might have to do with the "dustbin" thingie. The UX stuff was ok, but further away from what I m looking for - but it is well produced stuff. The female gated voices spoiled the fun for me a bit (I always think more of house music with these kinda "vocals"

@Anoebis

Thanks, yeah I noted the MFG release, need to listen again to it....KOB gonna check next

@Paul Eye

I like the Radio album but think the one before (..created..) was a bit better, gonna check your tipp too later :) Also from the 1st album like mentioned the track "Children Of The Last Generation" is one of my faves. I noted this remix album:

https://www.discogs.com/XDream-Trip-To-Trancesylvania-In-The-Mix/release/35814

Comment says it is essential release, need to take a listen even if not a fan of remixes mostly.

 

Re. MFG, some of my fave tracks must be "Dark Waters, Wonderland + On Mars + Project Genesis"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im pretty sure someone will come along here shortly and remind me and Us what that artist I was thinking of is called. I think it was a two word name, and the sound was just like x-dream. Dammit brain.  I suppose it could have been COP but that would be a bit too easy and it doesnt ring the right bell, and im pretty sure noone of X-dream was actually in that group (if it was even a group maybe just a solo artist), and the two word name sticks somehow. 

anyhoo, maybe it jogs someones brain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psytones    119
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Paul Eye said:


Oh yes, Kadasarva - Steamagination comes quite close with its unique steam/cyberpunk aesthetics, but still it isn't Radio

It's for me (not a deep Radio knower) much closer to the Space Cat's Beam Me Up album.

I'm sure you know of this, 
http://boshkebeatsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/x-dream-remixed-digital-version-flying-rhino-records @Multi-Media

 

Fun read ... 

 

Edited by psytones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manuser    290
On 6/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, Multi-Media said:

...sounds like X-Dream (2nd album + track "children of")  ?

 

Maybe you can try Deviant electronics - Brainwashing is childs play.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manuser said:

Deviant electronics - Brainwashing is childs play.

thats it, thanks (not sure thats the album i was thinking of but that was definitely the artist)

edit: maybe the artist:P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Multi-Media    15

Mh... the KOB stuff seems to be ok for sure, but not really the vibe I was looking for - Kadasarva the same but has to many "random" noises perhaps?

Deviant Electronics I heard before - seems more like early / true goa... which is cool, but also not what I was thinking of LOL. Might be my own fault for being so "choosy" (is this an english existing word?)

Whow, nice to see Astral Projection here from Sweden even :) There are 2 more X-D sideprojects you perhaps mean ? Midi Miliz and The Delta ? Guess 1st one is more techno and 2nd one has more indus/dark elements ...edit, or perhaps Dark Soho, which are also darker side ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manuser    290
On 6/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, Multi-Media said:

 @psytones

Thanks, I found your 1st example quite interesting but had only cheap headphones - need to listen on hifi cause the drums sounded a bit strange, but might have to do with the "dustbin" thingie. The UX stuff was ok, but further away from what I m looking for - but it is well produced stuff. The female gated voices spoiled the fun for me a bit (I always think more of house music with these kinda "vocals"

@Anoebis

Thanks, yeah I noted the MFG release, need to listen again to it....KOB gonna check next

@Paul Eye

I like the Radio album but think the one before (..created..) was a bit better, gonna check your tipp too later :) Also from the 1st album like mentioned the track "Children Of The Last Generation" is one of my faves. I noted this remix album:

https://www.discogs.com/XDream-Trip-To-Trancesylvania-In-The-Mix/release/35814

Comment says it is essential release, need to take a listen even if not a fan of remixes mostly.

 

Re. MFG, some of my fave tracks must be "Dark Waters, Wonderland + On Mars + Project Genesis"

 

How about Orichalcum & The Deviant? Just a suggestion. You can skip the first track (by Alienated, which I like but not similar to X-dream): 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSbLjgpcaI

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure if it was deviant electronics or not because now that i skim through their stuff it doesnt sound very much like x-dream. anyway if i think of who it was if it wasnt him/them ill let u know :p

@Multi-Media

no its not them but great suggestions =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Eye    462

Of course, this one has some obvious MFG - Project Genesis vibes:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Multi-Media    15

@Manuser ..

  interesting stuff... yeah like most of it..thanx

@Paul Eye

@Tsotsi

I can hear Morphic Resonance might be a very good suggestion.. thanx

Btw. There are a ton of tutorials and templates at Youtube "...how to make psytrance like xxxx" xxx more often than not has Vini Vici (seems to be a newer big name I only heard recently) or Astrix to "replicate" I have not found xxxxx = being Hallucinogen, X-Dream or MFG. Even not Astral P...are they not in fashion anymore? I wonder why...perhaps it is not easy to produce/copy?? Even Armin van Buuren can be the xxx ? Since when did he make Psytrance ? :P Try yourself with YT search...I found this quite interesting.. even for people like me who do not want to reproduce anything of these artists, might also suggest why so many new psy sounds the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 2008, so not quite your criteria, but I often think the M.E.E.O. album "Highlight Me Please" from Demon Tea Recordings is criminally overlooked for its refreshing 90s-era psychedelic quality while also sounding fresh and updated. It reminds me of those early Twisted Records releases and delivers a rich full sonic punch with each track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Padmapani    424
4 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

@Manuser ..

  interesting stuff... yeah like most of it..thanx

@Paul Eye

@Tsotsi

I can hear Morphic Resonance might be a very good suggestion.. thanx

Btw. There are a ton of tutorials and templates at Youtube "...how to make psytrance like xxxx" xxx more often than not has Vini Vici (seems to be a newer big name I only heard recently) or Astrix to "replicate" I have not found xxxxx = being Hallucinogen, X-Dream or MFG. Even not Astral P...are they not in fashion anymore? I wonder why...perhaps it is not easy to produce/copy?? Even Armin van Buuren can be the xxx ? Since when did he make Psytrance ? :P Try yourself with YT search...I found this quite interesting.. even for people like me who do not want to reproduce anything of these artists, might also suggest why so many new psy sounds the same?

goa trance is definitely not in fashion now. but the worst thing about typing in "how to make psytrance like" into the youtube search is that the first thing that pops up is "how to make psytrance like timmy trumpet". that guy doesn't have the slightest thing to do with psytrance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Multi-Media    15
21 hours ago, Padmapani said:

goa trance is definitely not in fashion now. but the worst thing about typing in "how to make psytrance like" into the youtube search is that the first thing that pops up is "how to make psytrance like timmy trumpet". that guy doesn't have the slightest thing to do with psytrance.

Ah ja.. of course I also found this name.. but I can hear why someone with not so much knowledge or care would sort some of it into psytrance. I heard 3 tracks from the guy, 1 was - I have not much knowledge of newer genres - more in the "rave" or "dance" category. The other 2 however both had "new style psy" bass + kick drum sound, this does not make it psy BUT.. I can understand someone could sort it there..

Ah BTW, we wrote above about "scifi" feeling and also darker stuff...this here is not 100% true Psy of course, but should fit into these themes - you guys thoughts about the track?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Padmapani    424
23 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

Ah ja.. of course I also found this name.. but I can hear why someone with not so much knowledge or care would sort some of it into psytrance. I heard 3 tracks from the guy, 1 was - I have not much knowledge of newer genres - more in the "rave" or "dance" category. The other 2 however both had "new style psy" bass + kick drum sound, this does not make it psy BUT.. I can understand someone could sort it there..

Ah BTW, we wrote above about "scifi" feeling and also darker stuff...this here is not 100% true Psy of course, but should fit into these themes - you guys thoughts about the track?

 

it's called hardstyle now. the cheesy continuation of hard trance

 

that track reminds me of the new ux album.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Multi-Media    15

@Padmapani

Well it seems Psytrance suffered a similar fate to Industrial/EBM... remember it was F242, Skinny Puppy; Neubauten, Die Krupps, Haujobb, Pr. Pitchfork etc. when you NOW enter industrial music in Youtube.. some ridiculous  music and "cybergoth" dance videos show up and  nothing of the top searches is really Industrial like above bands, but what is called now "aggrotech" which seems to be rave/hardstyle. Funny back in the "goth" days we would despise such music LOL And now it is "top" in this broken scene. The same is true for these tutorials there are almost nill for making music like Skinny Puppy... and the why is the same like Psytrance - the good and earlier stuff cannot simply be reproduced - so these tutorial makers shy away from this better older stuff :)

I remember when I discovered goa around 2000 I told some of my "goth" friends about it and they would make fun of me.. liking such "undark" music haha those where the days...

Thanks for the UX track gonna listen it on hifi later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Padmapani    424
On 6/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, Multi-Media said:

@Padmapani

Well it seems Psytrance suffered a similar fate to Industrial/EBM... remember it was F242, Skinny Puppy; Neubauten, Die Krupps, Haujobb, Pr. Pitchfork etc. when you NOW enter industrial music in Youtube.. some ridiculous  music and "cybergoth" dance videos show up and  nothing of the top searches is really Industrial like above bands, but what is called now "aggrotech" which seems to be rave/hardstyle. Funny back in the "goth" days we would despise such music LOL And now it is "top" in this broken scene. The same is true for these tutorials there are almost nill for making music like Skinny Puppy... and the why is the same like Psytrance - the good and earlier stuff cannot simply be reproduced - so these tutorial makers shy away from this better older stuff :)

I remember when I discovered goa around 2000 I told some of my "goth" friends about it and they would make fun of me.. liking such "undark" music haha those where the days...

Thanks for the UX track gonna listen it on hifi later...

thankfully timmy trumpet is not considered psy in the scene around here (i'm not 100% sure about other places but i'm doubtful it appeals to anyone into psy except maybe a few newcomers who just discovered vini vici and liked their tracks).

i have even seen tutorials from new producers on making oldschool goa, so there is still interest on old kinds of psy, but somehow the goa they make in these videos almost always sounds way more unprofessional than their psy or than any oldschool goa. it seems they focus on the "goa was not mixed as cleanly as psy" part too much and take it further than most goa did in the old days.

i remember landing at a psy party by accident with a group of friends around 2000 (we were all into psychedelic rock back than) and they found it weird that i actually liked that "technoshit" ;). well, tbh i still like technoshit today :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trolsk    22

There's nothing quite like their We Created Our Own Happiness album, but I would recommend albums that lean more towards trance like

Beyond that you'll have to become a track hunter and spend your days digging for those single special tracks. :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Basilisk    48
On 6/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, astralprojection said:

Im pretty sure someone will come along here shortly and remind me and Us what that artist I was thinking of is called. I think it was a two word name, and the sound was just like x-dream. Dammit brain.  I suppose it could have been COP but that would be a bit too easy and it doesnt ring the right bell, and im pretty sure noone of X-dream was actually in that group (if it was even a group maybe just a solo artist), and the two word name sticks somehow. 

anyhoo, maybe it jogs someones brain

You're probably thinking about Future Prophecy, which was pretty much an X-Dream cover band [edit] around when they released Shadows. Plenty of Israeli projects around the turn of the millennium took a lot of inspiration from X-Dream; I'd say Cosma was the best of the lot (in that he learned from X-Dream and created his own unique sound), but there are plenty of others that might scratch the itch.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Multi-Media    15
28 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

You're probably thinking about Future Prophecy, which was pretty much an X-Dream cover band for their first two albums or so

Ok, here their Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/artist/40195-Future-Prophecy
They have quite a lot of stuff, which would be the 2 you recommend?

@Padmapani

Have listened to the UX track twice now - and it is a good production for sure. For whatever reason it did not "catch me". Also I dislike the "choral" samples / voices..apart from that nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...