On 8/11/2020 at 1:43 PM, Lightforce said:

@thefreewave Ormion just gave examples of Twilight classics. My PDF is not about giving classics but about giving examples of albums for each sub-styles after having explained each of them. I could perfectly have included his examples in the Twilight pages ^_^

P.S.: about the list on discogs, although Wild by Absolum is undoubtedly a "proto-Twilight" album, it rather fits in Psytrance category (the one I described in the PDF) ;)

ahhh ok. yeah i was hoping the pdf covered the essential artists and albums for each style, not just "examples" of some. Makes it harder to understand the genre when its different artists, albums, and criteria on the different sites to check out or the essentials / classics are skipped over. Thanks for explaining that though.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everybody Since I discovered Psychedelic Trance, there are approximately 1-2 years I have never ceased to observe what I had observed in the Hardcore scene, Industrial, Rock,...etc : there are

This goes to show again how wildly differing opinions people have on genre definitions Some people would probably put all of those albums in my list in a "psybient" genre and be done with it, I'd l

Here's what it looks like for now with the Full-On, Twilight and Dark. However I think replace artist name + album titles below "Influential productions:" by pictures of the albums concerned with link

On 8/11/2020 at 8:25 PM, AstralSphinx said:

I'm listening to those artists now on youtube and spotify for the first time except if there's some overlap with the tracks on Ormions youtube examples of the style, anyone has good playlist on spotify?

What I've found so far that I really like are these  DJ-mixes:

First two are Dark Psy/Twilight

and one with Dark Forest stuff:

But the thing is, the first compilation of these videos you share, from what is on the Guide plus the feedback from @Lightforceand @Ormion, do not seem to fit in neither Darkpsy or Twilight. 

So how do you classify that kind of sound? (Filterheads, DIksha, Earthspace, Ingrained Instincts, Chirs RIch, Hydra-E, etc..). It has Twilight bassline, a mixture of Dark vibe and Forest swarming FX, very psychedelic...

On 9/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Psyjafo said:

But the thing is, the first compilation of these videos you share, from what is on the Guide plus the feedback from @Lightforceand @Ormion, do not seem to fit in neither Darkpsy or Twilight. 

So how do you classify that kind of sound? (Filterheads, DIksha, Earthspace, Ingrained Instincts, Chirs RIch, Hydra-E, etc..). It has Twilight bassline, a mixture of Dark vibe and Forest swarming FX, very psychedelic...

I think that's one of the issues is that when you look at modern mixes of psytrance with newer releases is they are a mix of several of the subgenres (even listing several in the titles), they're new or small artists that aren't necessary to know or don't fit into the history, and they're not designed to really do any history lessons. That's where going over classics and the history part is essential in at least showing where it came from to those who care. Youtube mixes and spotify playlists will almost always be just updated modern versions, mixing several subgenre sounds from where they started, and often ignoring any origins of the subgenres. It's frankly hard to find any "classic" subgenre playlists....

Here are a lot of experts... I have an OT question...

"Techno contest" in another forum (one is from me):

https://recording.de/threads/techno-contest-das-voting.234894/

Can you guys listen to track no. 11. "Tresor" it sounds totally familiar to me, NOT saying the artist has stolen something ... and yes it is bit psytrance-like not 100% techno imho.

..but I need to know if I am the only one who knows a quite simmilar track from the broader "psy" genre..THANKS.

sorry can't help you there and a little off-topic...:unsure: Hopefully he didn't borrow a riff or two from the Tresor label back catalog by naming it that, lol :P

• Like 1