Lightforce    59

I changed the home page, tell me if something bothers you :)

Lightforce    59
1 hour ago, Richpa said:

Great work!

Could you please update the link for the Neogoa page. You can use our official website or Bandcamp page :)

Done :)

• Thanks 1

dhollmusik    14
On 5/5/2015 at 2:21 PM, Lightforce said:

Here is the link for the English version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7po6dz18w4e0rm/Psytrance%20(EN).pdf?dl=0

Fantastic work, Lightforce!  Yes, this psy-trance thing is endlessly fascinating.  So many branches, so many worlds.

I would say the Psykovsky - Ksolntsu album comes under experimental or hi-tech.  It's not very darkpsy.

Interesting how Juno Reactor come in under 3 or 4 different styles.  I wish more artists would experiment with their sound for different albums.

• Thanks 1

Lightforce    59
On 12/6/2019 at 12:31 AM, dhollmusik said:

Fantastic work, Lightforce!  Yes, this psy-trance thing is endlessly fascinating.  So many branches, so many worlds.

I would say the Psykovsky - Ksolntsu album comes under experimental or hi-tech.  It's not very darkpsy.

Interesting how Juno Reactor come in under 3 or 4 different styles.  I wish more artists would experiment with their sound for different albums.

Thanks for these words. Your comment about Ksointsu made me listening to it again and I changed my mind, I think you're right and I moved this album in experimental :)

thefreewave    1

I was looking through this forum and came across this thread and your pdf and i must say it makes things MUCH easier to classify the different psytrance genres than EVER before. :wub: Personally it would be nice to have the other sections (origins, more examples) with their retrospective subgenre sections but I can understand that it allows people to go through the basics first before it gets that much more complex.

I've been working on my own project for breaking down and explaining genres in chronological cd length playlists for just over 10 years and its clear this next year I should spend the time on trance and psytrance and going more in depth with them as you have illustrated and exploring the subgenres a whole lot more. Most of those lists are old and I've added onto them rather than break them apart into different lists like Hardcore and Drum & Bass. Anyway your lists are so comprehensive I may need to go through my existing ones and see what i may have missed out on.  Most of mine were based on multiple sources and posts on this forum a couple times, like with Full-On. Anyway it will be good to compare and contrast and then look into subgenres i haven't checked out yet.

I'm looking into Nitzonot this week. I'm seeing many things i agree with but other albums seems a bit weaker choices. If you're up for feedback on improvements I'd love to help. ;):+1:Agneton and Psygreg seems like the great experts of that. [edit: update]

I was actually looking into Psycore when i found your thread. That still seems a little under-documented as a whole but it seems like the black sheep of the psy/hardcore families. Anyway I just wanted to first say thank you and also show what I've compiled on my side of the internet.;) Hopefully I'll be catching up on Psychedlic Trance all through 2020. Anyway glad to meet you and thanks again!

• Thanks 1

Lightforce    59
On 12/31/2019 at 7:54 AM, thefreewave said:

I was looking through this forum and came across this thread and your pdf and i must say it makes things MUCH easier to classify the different psytrance genres than EVER before. :wub: Personally it would be nice to have the other sections (origins, more examples) with their retrospective subgenre sections but I can understand that it allows people to go through the basics first before it gets that much more complex.

I've been working on my own project for breaking down and explaining genres in chronological cd length playlists for just over 10 years and its clear this next year I should spend the time on trance and psytrance and going more in depth with them as you have illustrated and exploring the subgenres a whole lot more. Most of those lists are old and I've added onto them rather than break them apart into different lists like Hardcore and Drum & Bass. Anyway your lists are so comprehensive I may need to go through my existing ones and see what i may have missed out on.  Most of mine were based on multiple sources and posts on this forum a couple times, like with Full-On. Anyway it will be good to compare and contrast and then look into subgenres i haven't checked out yet.

I'm looking into Nitzonot this week. I'm seeing many things i agree with but other albums seems a bit weaker choices. If you're up for feedback on improvements I'd love to help. ;):+1:Agneton and Psygreg seems like the great experts of that. [edit: update]

I was actually looking into Psycore when i found your thread. That still seems a little under-documented as a whole but it seems like the black sheep of the psy/hardcore families. Anyway I just wanted to first say thank you and also show what I've compiled on my side of the internet.;) Hopefully I'll be catching up on Psychedlic Trance all through 2020. Anyway glad to meet you and thanks again!

Hey, thank you for these words and nice to meet you too.
For sure, I'm always up for discussions and improving ;)

On 12/31/2019 at 7:54 AM, thefreewave said:

I'm seeing many things i agree with but other albums seems a bit weaker choices.

That's to say? Explain me :)

thefreewave    1

So here's the set i just compiled for https://rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScientist/rym-ultimate-box-set-nitzhonot/

I kept the quotes and scores from Agneton and Psygreg seems like the great experts for it.  I guess the examples Zed Reactor and Space Buddha fit the style but are a bit average in comparison to some of the other options. Ideally it would be nice to have the best of the best albums under selections.

I don't know how far you've gotten into Psycore. I've got a bit of a list going but its pretty hard to separate and define it apart from Hi-Tech https://www.discogs.com/lists/Psycore/544591 It's s start....

AstralSphinx    64

Sounds cool gonna download it. ^_^

• Thanks 1

Tsotsi    145

@Lightforce I've only just started going through your website but its pretty amazing man, well done. The whole format is really cool, also i thought i was never going to enjoy hitek but 'Seven Strategy - Sampling Singularity' is just the first of a whole bunch of music that i'm about to discover. 

• Like 1