"V/A - The World Beyond"

Trance2MoveU

Dude got a point. There are lots of similar looking fractal, geometrical patterns in the artworks. But are they bad? That's just about taste, I guess.

By Filteria you mean 1st and 2nd album?

I wonder what you would think about Ultimae Records Covers :P

Yes the first and second Filteria album.

Haha, Ultimae covers are indeed different but then again there is not much Neo Goa going on over there.

But no, I rather dont like them either. TOO minimal. :)

And again, thats exactly my point. Im just one guy venting my opinion, and it comes down to taste.

So why should anyone care about what I have to say, really? :)

Noone needs to, if they dont want to.

Just look at this beauty right here. Mm-mm. 1.jpg

this is also a yummy one

va-sadhana.jpg

And I cant find one single Suntrip cover I like. Blacklight Moments is borderline, but again, those cloth-like patterns in the background just ruins it. Why not make it completely black and those purple squiggly lines in UV lighting? Awesome, it would be.

a1202645805_16.jpg

Anyways I could go on forever about the covers I hate, but unfortunately, I cant go on too long about the covers I love. That is why I want a change. Again. Just one guy talking, nothing more.

Gasoline also makes some very nice artwork, but I dont particularly like his album covers. But Ive browsed his catalogue and there is some really good stuff in there.

But again, his album art, not so much. :/

Its like there is a curse on the Neo Goa album-art scene :D

Yes the first and second Filteria album.

Haha, Ultimae covers are indeed different but then again there is not much Neo Goa going on over there.

But no, I rather dont like them either. TOO minimal. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

2nd album of the Filteria is a part II of the Sky Input. So that's why the similarity in artwork.

If you ask me, Ultimae Covers are the most beautiful looking covers.

You can check out the Psychowave - Matadata cover. That is rad!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

2nd album of the Filteria is a part II of the Sky Input. So that's why the similarity in artwork.

If you ask me, Ultimae Covers are the most beautiful looking covers.

You can check out the Psychowave - Matadata cover. That is rad!

i meant sky input and heliopolis.

CS2144912-02A-BIG.jpg

it was cool in 1996

R-442803-1165847511.jpeg.jpg

but not so much now. and I think half an image containing fractals and squigglies then mirrored to the other half of the image is pretty much similar.

ie sky input/heliopolis <-> transwave helium, where Helium is of course better; for its day, when it was a novelty.

ultimae covers are beatiful at first glance but when you realise they all look exactly alike they become "meh".

Dancefloor Metadata is too blue! :D

"i meant sky input and heliopolis."

Yes, thats what i meant.

Heliopolis is kind of like Sky Input Part II.

Its always gonna be too blue, or too Simplistic or too . . . . . :P he he he JK. Good Luck finding a perfect album with a perfect cover :P

this one ive said before, but ill say again, is also very very yummy.. doesnt try anything fancy, just minimal and simple in its approach.

maxresdefault.jpg

now, i have no clue if the blue plasma sphere is a Stock image, or someone created it unique for this E.P (which I reaaally hope) its still good.

But if its a Stock image, then ill take back most of my positive acclaims of this artwork.

I much much prefer unique art made especially for an album, over some stock images put together in photoshop; of course. That goes without saying. And I praise Richpa and Gasolin for this (and many more, just to mention two whose covers I dont necessarily like that much), obviously! It's just that my taste differ from theirs..

"i meant sky input and heliopolis."

Yes, thats what i meant.

Heliopolis is kind of like Sky Input Part II.

Its always gonna be too blue, or too Simplistic or too . . . . . :P he he he JK. Good Luck finding a perfect album with a perfect cover :P

Oh I see.

Oh my friend, there are plenty albums that have perfect album art and wonderful music!! Not EVERY single track on an album has to be 5/5, but there are plenty of albums with great covers and great music :)

That being said, whatever the case and I might be repeating myself here. The Sphere eats Pleiadians for breakfast. Seriously.

I don't know, whenever I listen to Maia I keep getting reminded that nothing will probably ever touch it.

Tracks 2,3,4 are Wow...Just Wow. thanks for bringing this to my attention Trance2MoveU

Track 3 is wow wow wow and all the wows in the planet! Ya found this gem compilation like now Punit? Better later than never!

• 3 months later...

In my youth, a head full of dope would have added a few more harmonics to 'The World Beyond', but now

with just a cup of coffee, I don't get it...probably lot's that love it though.

Ok whatever happened that I missed this release? Shame on me.. Seriously. the awesomeness of "The Gate" and "The Sphere"!

I bow to the power of the mighty creators of this epos. 10/10

:D I can imagine the rush , the first time when the Sphere hits you. Aah, sublime!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Words are escaping me... What a great journey! The way this thing picks up the tempo is amazing. I like "The Journey" the most and the release as a whole gets a 5/5. Its so good that it made me weep from the epicness overload.

I recommend listening to the whole thing in one sitting in a completely darkened room with maxed out volume. Wonderful!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Richpa, can we expect more from this artist colab? I really !!!REALLY!!! hope that they will make a sequal, or simply another release. Im still freaking amazed by "The Journey". The other day I was walking to a store and then the 6:00 mark came and I started bashing my fists against my thighs as I walked like a mentally challenged person. I love this thing so much! :wub:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights: Tracks 2 and 3.

Track 4 has some impressive moments. Overall it can sound like it lacks a bit of direction, there is still a main melody that comes back near the end but I am not too much in love with that melody. However some sequences in this track are brilliant. I do feel this track is a bit too long for my personal taste though. Like it is trying to be long. Also it is probably the most psychedelic track here but not the most trancy.

Track 3 is a strong track but it is also a bit too long for me. Apart from that, the substance of this track is very nice and I appreciate the fact that is under 140 Bpm. Sounds like a classic.

Track 1 is nice to set up the mood but I confess I am not crazy about it if it is not to listen to the following tracks. Like others have said, it sounds like a (long) intro.

Track 2 is definitely my fav, the true meaning of trance and I would also call it progressive. It is a very well made track, dark and story-telling. It is like listening to tribal music without the typical elements of it (chants, drums, real instruments etc.), the construction is very simple, progressive but very effective. Really pleased with this one, most trancy track here.

Overall a quality compilation that should not be missed, congratulations to the artists.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im going to keep spamming comments on this release for a long time. Like the guy on the first page said: THE FUCKING GATE!!!

@14:00 is one of the best moments in goa trance. This album will be forever in my heart. :wub:

• Like 1

Im going to keep spamming comments on this release for a long time. Like the guy on the first page said: THE FUCKING GATE!!!

@14:00 is one of the best moments in goa trance. This album will be forever in my heart. :wub:

This

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/9/2015 at 2:21 PM, Starkraver said:

Yes Sir! I'm with you on this, 100%!

:D IFOrever. :P

Well. The GATE comes very close. In fact this is the first time in years I listened to it and I realized how eerily similar it is to Maia's progressive structure. That 15:30 dirty acid dripping jaw dropping dirty assss sound. Christ whatever the hell was up with this release anyway? Did this release emerge from a blackhole near richpas pc or what?

Hey richpa! You make CD? Penzoline buy CD. Or vinyl. Penzoline happy then yes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...