Chi-A.D

ravenation

I recently found the track "Manitou". Really nice.

It's not on any of his CDs so it might be considered semi-rare. Discogs reports it is only on 2 VAs.

I never was that fond of him, since his quality varies so much. It's one of the most non-consistent goa artists of the 90s. Few really good tracks (with very different sound) and most bad tracks.

"Eye am the I" for example, sounds NOTHING like "Manitou" or lets say, "Flame of Eternal Life".

His sound vary really much. I also like Hammerhead, but again, its also very different in sound. Im not saying thats a bad thing, its nice to change it up. But I dont really see a red-thread in his productions. Sometimes, but very seldom. Again, thats not a bad thing, its just quite uncommon. He is one of a kind tbh.

What is the top 3 chi-a.d tracks?

yeah funny you mention this i typed this message a few weeks ago :)

Chi-A.D. was definitely the old school artist with the most variety.

Moonart (great indeed, dark as hell), Pathfinder, Liquid neon sky, Eye am the I, Healing magic, Biocandy, Astral warrior...all these tracks sound totally different.

I think Eye am the I might be the most unique goa track ever made.

My top 3 changes a lot but it includes Eye am the I, Anno domini, Exit eternity, Hammerhead, Liquid neon sky.

Well there you go :)

Yes, I think all of those you posted are very nice, except I dont like Pathfinder. I really dont like it. :)

Also, which artist would you say is most similar to Chi-A.D?

Well, if you take the sound of Hammerhead, then I think Blue Planet Corporation and perhaps Human Blue would be closer.

Eye am the I; well. Maybe California Sunshine or something classicly Isreali.

I don't really like Pathfinder anymore, I used to like it but now I just find it too damn repetitive, it's just too long.

I can't really say which artist is similar, like you said Chi-AD had so much variety it's hard to find similar artists. Blue planet corporation maybe when it comes to morning goa tracks.

to me he's consistently good. Varying in style, but consistently awesome music.

this.

my favourites atm would be: exit eternity, sight of the sages (somehow similar to exit eternity by in a totally different context), biocandy (totally different) and x-isle (also different but somwhere between exit eternity and biocandy)

I find Chi-Ad a unique and respectable artist. I don´t know any other artist who included classical sound in goa trance music except Chi-Ad. I don´t know many tracks by this artist but Eye on the I is one track with classical elements in a goa trance song. This is definatly incredible and fresh. His music is very positiv, energetic and beautiful. My favourite tracks are Eye on the I, Beyond the Singularity, and Purity. But there are many more tracks of similar quality and basically I like all tracks that have those classical sounds because that is something completely unique in goa trance. Especially Eye on the I has those leads and is therefore a unique masterpace.

In my opnion Chi-Ad is consistent in his sound and quality, but he should have produced more tracks like Eye am the I because that track is so beautiful and the classical sound is totally impressive.

In my opnion Chi-Ad is consistent in his sound and quality, but he should have produced more tracks like Eye am the I because that track is so beautiful and the classical sound is totally impressive.

Pretty much how I've always felt about Chi-Ad: moments of brilliance in an ocean of solid, yet average, soundscapes. If only they maintained the ingenuity found in songs such as Pathfinder, Eye, Astral Warrior etc. Astral Warrior really sums them up: good samples yet overdone, repetition of sections to the point of tedium (after 5mins still waiting for the song to start), with a moment of brilliance - 5:20-8:00 is like Hallucinogen and Pleiadians had a baby.

The extremely long build ups is one of the things i love about Chi-A.D. I agree that he is sometimes inconsistent in quality, but i have to admit that Earth Crossing is one of my all time favourite albums and i would have a hard time trying to pick out a favourite track on it since it's all so good!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news... on Balkan Goa Fanatics i spoke to Graham (D5) and he told me Dave is making video games for last few years but for next year he plan to come back to music and do some gigs etc. I hope some masterpieces will come again soon! :)

He have so much great music and it's hard to make top 3, but these are my favorites: Biocandy, Celestial, Eye Am The I, Exit Eternity, X-Isle.

• Like 1

i love his music but the prices for his albums second hand are ridiculous.

I would love for examp DAT or Suntrip to reissue a best of collection like the BPC one remastered. Maybe a second disc of modern Goa acts remixing them?

• Like 2