The TRANCE side of goa and Acid

ravenation

Goatrance is not permitted in this thread :)

Only trance or acidtrance with heavy goatrance influence allowed.

For example;

Gamma Loop - Eclipse <- fokin stormer bruh

Quietman - The Sleeper (Man with no name remix)

Solar Quest - Im Off To Goa!

Bassline Baby - Altered States

Now there are tons more. They will classify as either Acidtrance or Trance. But they have heavy psychedelic elements.

but NOT goatrance.

Ive showed you mine, now show me yours!

I have a friend who is a trance producer. I asked him once to make his own version of 1001 Arabian Nights by 1200 Micrograms.

Perfect Anthem Trance with a nice Goa climax :

Martin Boesgaard - 1001 Danish Nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXAVuSNi3C4

He's a super talented and kind guy. If you like Uplifting Trance, that worths the listen.

I especially love the way he turned the Goa sounds into anthemic/emotionnal effects.

Edit : the original tune by 1200 Mics

Edit 2 : Thank you Rotwang !

Edit 3 :

I forgot this awesome tune by Pulsar Recordings. A dark uplifting trance track with Goa elements :

Ilya ViG - Ashian (2014)(official clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20R49tNp-Eg

Bonus :

How would sound a crossover of J-Pop, Euro-Trance and Goa Trance like ?

Sound Holic - Tao Trance

I'm always happy when I listen to this one. :wub:

I also remember that Gilbert from Asia 2001 has a trance side-project named Loren-X.

In 1994 Loren-X released an album named Definitive Perception, that was really Goa-influenced.

Loren-X : Sectosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSwe9RSe1s

Loren-X - Goasubliminal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0msdB_4h-w

Damn, it's been a long time since I've encountered people who are just as much into categorising as me... :) The TRANCE side of Goa and Acid, but not Goatrance, but influenced by it... Okay :) I'll post some stuff when I bump into it in my folders and cd's... :)

But what I can emphasize: That Eternal Basement - Taking Place in You !!!! What a beauty! Still waiting for the perfect moment to play it in a set on a party... :)

Edit:

That was some really really good and accurate songs :) Very nice. And yeah, over bloody flood actually would kinda fit there too, as its way more trance than it is goatrance :)

To the others of this thread who insist of putting a youtube video as their comment.. Is this some sort of psynews trend? Its really annoying to scroll through.. But if this is some sort of psynews gimmick then who am I to say something about it.

Damn, it's been a long time since I've encountered people who are just as much into categorising as me... :) The TRANCE side of Goa and Acid, but not Goatrance, but influenced by it... Okay :) I'll post some stuff when I bump into it in my folders and cd's... :)

But what I can emphasize: That Eternal Basement - Taking Place in You !!!! What a beauty! Still waiting for the perfect moment to play it in a set on a party... :)

Yeah, its fun to categorize because when you do, and get really conservative, only then will you find exactly what you look for :)

Taking place in you also fits in there :) But a bit too 'dark' and empty for my taste :)

That was some really really good and accurate songs :) Very nice. And yeah, over bloody flood actually would kinda fit there too, as its way more trance than it is goatrance :)

To the others of this thread who insist of putting a youtube video as their comment.. Is this some sort of psynews trend? Its really annoying to scroll through.. But if this is some sort of psynews gimmick then who am I to say something about it.

Well you can listen to the track then and there. Posting the name of a track you don't have will make you go to youtube anyway so it cut's the middleman and the track title is still visible even if you haven't clicked the video. I don't see how this can be bothersome unless you have a small monitor where the screens do take up space.

Well you can listen to the track then and there. Posting the name of a track you don't have will make you go to youtube anyway so it cut's the middleman and the track title is still visible even if you haven't clicked the video. I don't see how this can be bothersome unless you have a small monitor where the screens do take up space.

I think its cluttery and it confuses the eye when you are scrolling to just see a bunch of youtube videos all over the place. Im on mobile most of the time so Id rather just read the artist and title.. A link would of course be extra nice because then it would open in the Youtube app...

I guess Im wierd then for thinking its annoying.. But nevermind, lets not drift the thread that way.. Keep on posting

I think its cluttery and it confuses the eye when you are scrolling to just see a bunch of youtube videos all over the place. Im on mobile most of the time so Id rather just read the artist and title.. A link would of course be extra nice because then it would open in the Youtube app...

I guess Im wierd then for thinking its annoying.. But nevermind, lets not drift the thread that way.. Keep on posting

Not really. I understand it would get very annoying on a tiny screen phones have. I tested all the skins we have and it happens across to board. I think the mobile skin should disable this automatic youtube video thing but not sure if there is a setting for that.

Yeah, its fun to categorize because when you do, and get really conservative, only then will you find exactly what you look for :)

:)

Exactly! That's what I always tell others too :)

I'm an active dj and through the years I've come up with very precise categories for my tracks and lists. It allows me to stay within one sound/atmosphere (trance through repetition), but also allows me to shift over smoothly to some other sound/atmosphere. For example, within the Old/Newskool Goa: Dark Acidic Goa, Melodic Acidic Goa, Morning Acidic Goa, Twilight Acidic Goa, Twilight Goa, Dark Melodic Goa, Alienated Abstract Goa, Early psytrance, Early Forest Trance etc.... I have about 30 categories in my head just for Old & New Goa... :) I actually have a Trance list within my Goa list (like this thread) that differs from my Trance list on its own (pure trance classics) [/Anecdote]

On Topic: I've always liked the Cosmic Cubes VA's. This balances a bit between Goa and Trance. I also have a great VA here: 'VA - UK Space Techno II'. I always put this up when I'm inviting friends over for a drink.

@psyt3k

Haha awesome bro! Thats exactly like me. Even though I dont DJ, I still am very perticular when it comes to categorizing and labeling music. I would also guess I have about 20-30 subgenres of Goatrance :D

I name them a little different than you though, but I 100% wholeheartedly understand exactly what type of music you mean when you say for example "Twilight Acid Goa" and "Melodic Acid Goa" :D

Thanks for the tip regarding those VA I will check them out !!

• Like 1

Yep, modern stuff is also very good and energetic. I love the recent stuff from Platipus, and Mr. Askew always releases good stuff that I enjoy.