The TRANCE side of goa and Acid

ravenation

• 1 month later...

Yep I'm enjoying it but it might end up another fad, though let's hope not!

The track you just posted is good but unfortunately the "epic" melodies are still predictable and pretty cheesy(imo). Need producers that can create awesome melodies(Theres plenty) to try this stuff, it would be mighty interesting.

Nice track you posted. I haven't paid much attention to the progressive scene as much as I would like to (since I was a big fan of it years ago). Looks like I'll have to pay more attention. Hopefully trance in general (both non and psy) gets something to get it in a new direction since the mainstream trance has been flooded and corrupted with farty fat sounds of electro (ahem Armin, A&B, etc).

Well, there have been some movements lately. I'm not fond of prog, so I haven't many tracks in mind to offer you. But check out Orkidea and Airwave, who've been active lately, and Manifestor, the progressive project of Dmitriy Astropilot Redko.

Time to turn the page of Van Buuren, Neelix, Tiesto, etc. Can't bear those projects anymore. Annoying as [insert rude word].

But yes, the Goa sound seems to be a bridge linking progressive psy and progressive non psy, and in both sides, more and more artists use the Goa formula into their tracks (Lyctum, Ovnimoon, Flemming, Federation...). And it's even getting into ASOT.

So now I sound less ridiculous when I say that Goa is the EDM of the future -_-

Well, there have been some movements lately. I'm not fond of prog, so I haven't many tracks in mind to offer you. But check out Orkidea and Airwave, who've been active lately, and Manifestor, the progressive project of Dmitriy Astropilot Redko.

Time to turn the page of Van Buuren, Neelix, Tiesto, etc. Can't bear those projects anymore. Annoying as [insert rude word].

But yes, the Goa sound seems to be a bridge linking progressive psy and progressive non psy, and in both sides, more and more artists use the Goa formula into their tracks (Lyctum, Ovnimoon, Flemming, Federation...). And it's even getting into ASOT.

So now I sound less ridiculous when I say that Goa is the EDM of the future -_-

We've been through some odd phases. They were saying Goa is the future in the 90's and it never took off in the way people probably thought and devolved into full-on for the casual audience and it generally just seemed to sink ever since. It's going to be interesting but I still think goa itself is too hardcore for any sort of mainstream audience. Then again I don't know how people approach EDM in 10 years nor do I know what it will sound like then. However I have noticed the increasing elements of EDM in radio for sure, especially during the dubstep craze and even now where many songs reek of house.

Well, I'm not someone realistic. I'm more some kind of a dreamer. And as a dreamer, I'm mad enough to believe that Goa 604 can afford a second golden age, or at least that Goaesque trance can become a huge thing.

But I don't claim this only because of my hopes.

The way the Goa sound is leaking into progressive, other psytrance and ambient music makes me think that the way people look at Goa might be changing.

Before, it was a dusty, rusty sound from the past, the territory of a few nerds.

Today, it might sound like a brand new energetic sound that is about to make a breakthrough. People would think :

"_Hey, what's that super music ?

_Oh, it's a new thing. It's called Goa trance. "

Or maybe I'm just

Gaming-is-like-snorting-cocaine.jpg

But still, I can't stop loving Splattered Implant.