Do you consider these artists legendary?

Ormion

We have many goa/psy legends. Simon, AP, Transwave, Etnica, Blenn, Seb Taylor, MFG, Ofer, etc. But how about these artists? Do the deserve to be called legends? Are they semi-legends or just great artists?

Please don't use the word legend loosely, like I love this artist, he's a legend. I'm talking about influence, history, even popularity. Not even quality. I'm not an X-Dream fan, but they are legends. I'm a huge Psygone fan, but that doesn't make him a legendary goa artist.

Space Tribe

Bypass Unit

Miranda

Chakra & Edi Mis

Astralasia

OOOD

Orion

SUN Project

ManMadeMan

Lotus Omega

Cydonia

In my opinion none of those are "Ledgends".
There are the big three: Etnica/Pleiadians, Hallucinogen and Astral Projection, and then I feel there is a second rung that consists of artists such as: Cosmosis, Transwave, X-Dream, MFG, Man With No Name, Total Eclipse, Electric Universe, Shakta, Green Nuns of the Revolution and perhaps a few others.

For the record i've always felt Space Tribe were highly overrated.

None of those are Legendary.

They are 2nd tier artists in my mind, some not even that. While they might have made some good music they haven't altered or influenced the genre enough to be legendary...

Also Space Tribe may be legendary these days but in the opposite sense ie for writing and releasing utter garbage. :)

There are the big three: Etnica/Pleiadians, Hallucinogen and Astral Projection, and then I feel there is a second rung that consists of artists such as: Cosmosis, Transwave, X-Dream, MFG, Man With No Name, Total Eclipse, Electric Universe, Shakta, Green Nuns of the Revolution and perhaps a few others.

I pretty much agree with your "big 3" (I'm not a huge AP fan, but I can't deny the impact they had).

I'd probably add Infected Mushroom to that list as well, even if they do make unbelievably horrible music now. A lot of newer psytrance listeners (who missed the so-called "golden age" of goa) were introduced to the genre by Infected Mushroom.

I'd take Koxbox over any of the names mentioned, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I see what you're getting at though and it makes sense.

Not trying to steal the topic or anything, but do you guys rate California Sunshine and GMS as "legendary" acts?

I'd take Koxbox over any of the names mentioned, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I see what you're getting at though and it makes sense.

Not trying to steal the topic or anything, but do you guys rate California Sunshine and GMS as "legendary" acts?

California are semi-legends for me. As a psy group GMS is definitely a legendary one because of their influence in the full on scene.

Couldn't agree more, well explained.

Guest D N H

For me, the more an artist has contributed to the scene, the more of a legend he is.

The more an artist has been in the scene, especially from it's beginnings, having a good appearance or decent stance, the more of a legend he is.

This doesn't include artists who ended up promoting commercial no-sense crap.

For example ManMadeMan has produced a variety of styles i may not like all of them, but if i see their name on a line-up, i'll say a legend is playing.

Infected Mushroom made a good entering into goa having already a good (Shidapu) past but ended up promoting & spreading metal/rap/techno/full-on stuff. Certainly not a legend for me.