Post your favorite albumcover

PRS

Posted Image

I guess this is a rock album but the cover has this strange weirdness about it that immediately draws me in. Something I find really cool about this album cover is that it doesn't have the name of the artist or the album on it. It adds to the whole mystery. I wish more psytrance covers did that.

Posted Image

Always enjoyed this one too. I can't find a better photo of this version of the album cover.

• 6 months later...

Posted Image

I guess this is a rock album but the cover has this strange weirdness about it that immediately draws me in. Something I find really cool about this album cover is that it doesn't have the name of the artist or the album on it. It adds to the whole mystery. I wish more psytrance covers did that.

this is mars volta - frances the mute - a fantastic experimental-alternative-prog-rock album - my highest recommendations if you're into this kind of rock

this is mars volta - frances the mute - a fantastic experimental-alternative-prog-rock album - my highest recommendations if you're into this kind of rock

I am kind of surprised to see someone else interested in The Mars Volta around here. I've been a fan of them longer than my love for electronic dance music. Unfortunately I've had little luck trying to get anyone over at the Mars Volta forums to take an interest in psytrance. Have you ever listened to any of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's solo albums?

I am kind of surprised to see someone else interested in The Mars Volta around here. I've been a fan of them longer than my love for electronic dance music. Unfortunately I've had little luck trying to get anyone over at the Mars Volta forums to take an interest in psytrance. Have you ever listened to any of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's solo albums?

no, haven't listened to his solo output, although there's a shitload of it - but what i've heard and read is that it's not really comparable to the mars volta sound, very experimental stuff, sometimes unhearable. can you recommend some solo stuff? i also dig only the first two mars volta albums, missed some catchy hooks and prog-riffs in the later albums, although i never listened too much of their latest output.

• 4 weeks later...

no, haven't listened to his solo output, although there's a shitload of it - but what i've heard and read is that it's not really comparable to the mars volta sound, very experimental stuff, sometimes unhearable. can you recommend some solo stuff? i also dig only the first two mars volta albums, missed some catchy hooks and prog-riffs in the later albums, although i never listened too much of their latest output.

It's all on http://omarrodriguezlopez.bandcamp.com/

In terms of what sounds most like The Mars Volta? I'd try Se Dice Bisonte No Bufalo, Old Money, or Megaritual for stuff without vocals and Cryptomnesia, Xenophanes or Un Escorpion Perfumado for vocals.

• 4 weeks later...

Non Electronic: Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Posted Image

Electronic: Autechre - Amber

Posted Image

As for Goa I just can't choose, I love all of those oldschool Goa covers, Twisted, Synergy, Trust in Trance, I.F.O, Monzoon, Helium, Blue Energy, Feeling Weird... Just can't choose.

Guest neurogen

oh right..

its not just goatrance covers:D

i agree with above post, so i just picked two random actually. I do love them very much but yes, there are infinite amount of wonderful goatrance covers.

So yeah any genre.... Hmm. Ill have to think about that : )