• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one else like SA psy the most?

I got your back my friend

SA stuff for me for sure

Timecode, Nexus etc...

Phyx, Abomination, Artifakt, Broken Toy, Tickets, Hydraglyph, Shift, Twisted System, Frozen Ghost and a host of others

Love that South African sound...

If I had to choose any other besides SA or Goa it would probably be prog

Guest D N H

Same here.

The thing is... authentic psychedelic trance is in many aspects a flawless genre regardless of the branch you pick for consideration (however I don't actually consider the modern full-on vein to actually be belonging to psytrance movement).

Still, voted for psytech.

P.S. I would also bring in a "nightpsy/classic psytrance" option in the opposition to darkpsy, since far from all darkish psytrance artists can actually be categorized as that. Examples are: Paul Taylor - High Life, artists like Penta, Hux Flux, Cybernetika, that produce more or less moderate psytrance without specific inclination towards either darkpsy or full-on and hence cannot be explicitly referred to any.

i voted "psychedelic techno" with stuff like Midi Miliz, Opsis, X-dream & Cujorius One in mind. the oldskool "progressive" sound i guess.

Yes i agree. This goes for me too.

Most artist's older stuff; The Delta, Atmos, Wizzy Noise, X-Dream, Tarsis, P.Cok, COP, MOS, Planet Ben, Intact Instinct, Bus, Anakoluth...

I think stuff like Hux Flux, Cybernetika etc are more close to and consider to be psychedelic techno or european psytrance as it was referred back then, the oldskool "progressive" sound, more minimal or techno.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant this is a poll for DANCE music this is why I didn't add any ambient option.

Breaks and Techno may not be trance, but they still are dance genres.

When we say breaks don't we refer to psychedelic breaktrance the kind of Snake Thing, Psyburbia etc?

Eh I have a hard time picking one. I like stuff that just sounds good to me, whether it's SA, Dark Psy, Prog, Suomi or Full-on.

I would like to vote for Full-on, because when someone makes very good melodic full-on, it's hard not to love the genre, but in the end, if I take a look at a handful of Full-on, there's just so much boring and unimaginative shit in there...

When we say breaks don't we refer to psychedelic breaktrance the kind of Snake Thing, Psyburbia etc?

Whatever is psybreaks for you.

Stuff like old Digitalis, Psyburbia, Psyknights etc.

examples of experimental plz?

btw, i can dance to downtempo -_-

my vote: prog

Australian stuff, Psy-harmonics stuff, weird style fusions etc.

edit: I can't believe that only me and ariscotle have voted for SA psy, considering that it's arguably one of the most quality styles out there. :unsure:

edit: I can't believe that only me and ariscotle have voted for SA psy, considering that it's arguably one of the most quality styles out there. :unsure:

Well to be fair, i never heard any of it.

Not too sure what psychedelic techno is about as well, maybe would i like those genres.

I voted full-on but with the intention of both day and night... Israeli & South African

Well I too consider South African a style of Full On, but many ppl use to see it as an independed style, that's the reason I added it as a separate option.

So far prog is winning with Techno and Full On only a step behind.

Suomi and Darkpsy are waiting in the corner.

Great battle! :D

Voted full on...

Was struggling between that and South African darkpsy.

Azax Syndrom and Bliss are considerd SA darkpsy, right? :huh:

For me Azax Syndrom is somewhere between SA psy and Hard Full On.

Dunno about Bliss.

soundz interesting, any recomms?

Shaolin Wooden Men, Lumukanda, Rip Van Hippy and this compilation which is like the iconic experimental psytrance release IMO.

Couldn't find any samples though, sorry.

No possibility for voting for psy Ambient, chill & downtempo :unsure: ?

Considering that some names such as Hallucinogen, Entheogenic for example could be seen as melodic psytrance mid or slow tempo.

No possibility for voting for psy Ambient, chill & downtempo :unsure: ?

Considering that some names such as Hallucinogen, Entheogenic for example could be seen as melodic psytrance mid or slow tempo.

Well like I said this poll is about dance genres.

A poll about only ambient/downtempo genres (ethnic, freestyle, dub, melodic. beatless etc.) would be interesting though.

Well I too consider South African a style of Full On, but many ppl use to see it as an independed style, that's the reason I added it as a separate option.

I do agree with you there, the difference is big enough to easy seperate them.

Whats some of your fav SA psy Ormion? Pitch Hikers - Twilight Zone is still top on my list.

Going to buy Shifts new CD on my next order. SA style has been slow this year so far.

Do you recommend any 3Dvision or Nutek etc releases? Stuff inbetween full-on day & night.

I do agree with you there, the difference is big enough to easy seperate them.

Whats some of your fav SA psy Ormion? Pitch Hikers - Twilight Zone is still top on my list.

Going to buy Shifts new CD on my next order. SA style has been slow this year so far.

Do you recommend any 3Dvision or Nutek etc releases? Stuff inbetween full-on day & night.

I like the 99% of the things that get released from down there. :)

3DVision's newest compilation 'Sharp' is very good.

And I guess you know about Yabai records as well, right?

I like them all :unsure:

they all presented some very good albums in the past and now...

so can't vote,

I guess progressive, minimal, fullon get my main vote

cause they released more good albums compared to dark for example...