who the hell is this Ace Ventura guy?

Lemmiwinks

The Light is the best track on the album, but don't forget Lish was involved too.

I heard Re:Boot recently and it's pretty good, 2 CDs of artists adding in everything that Ace Ventura lacks. OK, to be serious, I enjoyed it better, than the album.

I don't like the track "The Light" because that track is scratched in my cd. Not just scratched but the tracks after track 7 have peeled off :angry:

:lol: mine used to go through a lot of cd neglecting before anything ever peeled off :lol: like forgetting them overnight in the rain and stuff :P

The Light is the best track on the album, but don't forget Lish was involved too.

I heard Re:Boot recently and it's pretty good, 2 CDs of artists adding in everything that Ace Ventura lacks. OK, to be serious, I enjoyed it better, than the album.

so you would honestly say the light is the best track? most melodic? most driven?

must be a boring album :P i'm listening it now (only the light track) and i like it but its nothing like melodic lish and pretty general again

so you would honestly say the light is the best track? most melodic? most driven?

must be a boring album :P i'm listening it now (only the light track) and i like it but its nothing like melodic lish and pretty general again

I didn't say "most melodic, most driven". I said I liked it better compared to the rest of tracks on the album.

I haven't heard much from baba Hanky, but he is for sure a gifted producer and he does have a dlightful energy with smiles in his music.

I think the only track I've heard from him is The Light. I heard it on 'cid and it wasn't very acidy at all imho. It's super nice, kozy, thick comfortble basewalls.

This is nice candy music to my ears.

all in all, ace ventura is the kind of music your happy to know and to have, but without seriously loving it. It's not something I love, but its something YOU might love. Ace ventura as a lot of interesting moments, nice prog sound, but for me, i find that prog is too repetitive. But in the genre, ace ventura is recommended

haven't heard too much of this guy, but I was never very motivated to get into it much ... all I know is he's making more or less ordinary progressive...

nothing outstanding, not even The Light really does it for me although the track is not bad ... oh well, maybe I'll see him playing on a party some day, but he won't be the big reason for me to attend...

At first I was blown away by Rebirth... But after a lot of listens, it doesn't sound as deep and unique as I first thought.... It's outstanding production, crystal clear sound, but the musical aspect can be pretty boring at times... For a party and a good dance I still like it though :) And my friends who don't listen to psy, still can understand this stuff (you deside if that's a good thing ;) )

I would recommend it if your into progressive, as there isn't many better progressive-albums from the past few years...

Btw, I liked this track as much as the light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdwEJYFAGi0...feature=related

(that tiny simple break at 7:55 after the acidlines, is probably the most memorable dancefloor-trick on the album IMO, just play it really loud and maybe you will feel it too :P )

• 1 year later...

'am listening to the Psysex - Healing album now and I like it a lot though like mentioned on the first page, it is lacking in that WoaW Psysex energy which I think we all used to love. It's defo not bad but I believe Ace ventura should get back on the Psychedelic System Exclusive train ..

Posted Image

^look, it even got a heart <3

Guest nectarios

I might be biased, but ...

... How anyone can't like "The Light" is beyond me. It's not at all minimal, and I think that it's easily one of the best psytrance tracks released in the last 5 years. At home it can be a very deep listening-experience, and at a party it gets totally new life with that bassline which feels like a massive wall of sound. The moment when I first heard it at Tshitraka back in 2007, is still one of the best moments of my many years of partying.

I might be biased as well...

I am not saying I don't like "the light" and Ace Ventura's production as in mixing a tune well, are very good. But his selection of sounds and arrangement are something that do not tickle my psychedelic fancy at all. And I am not into high BPM, not into walls of glitch, mad FM and generally anything that falls into the generic darkpsy stuff. I find both them "light" breakdown string pads and Ace Ventura leads as corny as the darkpsy "golden ray" and overly pretentious dissonant and in some cases "evil" textures.

A set of this music gets boring for me very quickly, the tunes are so much alike that even when you hear them for the first time, you feel like you've heard them before.

I appreciate it as dancefloor material, but its easy to digest, over obvious and I find it to lack soul and drive.

It would take quite a bit of good mandy to get into it, fo show.

Peace out.

Despite not being a progressive trance fan, I enjoy the likes of AV and Liquid Soul.

But, musically, they're sort of entraped in a formula that can't be touched: prog is the mid-path between full-on and minimal.

If they accelerate it a little, it becomes full-on. If they slow it down, then it's minimal.

That's why the tracks sound like a version of each other.

Plus, they seem to use the same FX, the same melody, the same kick.

IMO, prog will be soon what full-on became 5 years ago: you get tired of it.

That's just nonsense. There is everything between 128 and 140. I even found some progressive at 144 the other day..

And loads of good releases too imho.

daydin- sync yourself

va- beach atmosphere

va- fashion (lousy name but some good stuff on here)

va- full swing

solano- activation

But mostly online releases

Good new producers:

e-clip!

egorythmia

Since when did the electronic dance music called 'Progressive' become soley assosiated to this full-on flavored plastic fluff stuff?

..and Minimal techno, is this 'takkatakka-takka' music, right? A couple of my ffriends love that shit and spin it for hours on hours on the decks. I'm not a fan though I cant seem to stop wiggling my toes when listening to it. It's like a hate love relationship with that shit.

Man, just give me Psy(as in Psychedelic, not Psychotic)Trance and shut the hell up. PLZ!

I'm smiling (: ... just searching for some serenity, you know.

And I've had a couple of erotic dreams lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbeHkhH2JE

Ok, so too often Progressive Trance is Full-On'ish driven (thinking Israeli, not UK, if that makes any sense in terms'n shit which only confuses more, sort of ..) music slowed down. Where it becomes psychedelic and not euphoric? .. Its about taste, most deff. I guess I like the Tatsu german progressive psychedelic trance tunes more.

For me this tracks above (most of) sounds like MDMA music. I don't mind, I just have this thing about trying to actually separate psychedelic from psychotic from euphoric from trippy from hippie. lol. No your right, what I find psyched... pff.. Man, what i find psychedelic and/or trippy people find to be mind-bending. :D* Oh Yeah! Gotto have some confidence in that. Everything is and can be psychedelic but that really depends on what you connect to a psychedelic experience in audio. I've had enough trips and interest in music in general to separate stuff. Both tracks above will for sure work fine and give an euphoric psychedelic experience if your on LSD, but it's not nessecarly because of the music, it's more the drop inside your brainflow that makes it Wooaw that’s so Psy. Ok ok it depends on what factors your looking and connecting for. I know, I can go in neverending circles about this. I'm just trying to hold my ground without being narrow-minded, or smth :P

peace'n shrooms

PS. I do believe a lot of Psytrance may become much more psychotic driven then psychedelic driven. It's like Oh man, I made this music influenced and inspired by Ketamin (fun drug, like drunken psychedelia imo). it's So psychedelic, just listen to those chainsaws and babies crying, really cool stuff høhø. Now lets go mess up someones brainz with this shit, eheh *drool

ok I'll shut up, sometimes I don't know exacly what I'm rambling about. Though I feel I have a point, somewhere ....... . <- found it

PSYTRANCE CAN NEVER BE BOXED; NEVER!!!!!!!! thats the whole point of PsyTrance, it can be everything it has no rules no bouneries exept maybe that it has a beat'n stuff. It is influenced and inspired by everything around us, all sounds all impressions. Anyway, PsyTrance can never be boxed, NEVER!! Who's talking about boxes here, me?

bOx-it

dunk-a-dunk

I'm not smiling so much anymore, I think I'm turning psychotic :o:P or am I ..hope not.

• 1 month later...

Try some valium.. It can be very psychedelic with a caipirinha!

'Are you sure your Majesty?'

'YESS!! and I Do not Mistake.'

http-~~-//soundcloud.com/schatsi/ace-ventura-retrodelic-vol-1

*Retrodelic vol.1*

* 2001 - 2007 *

1.FREq vs Spherical - Suzuki son

2.Dual Head - Black in human bass Megamix

3.Cosma - Find out

4.Liquid Soul - The reason

5.Ticon - Waiting for the knights

6.Vernon - Wanderer (Son kite remix)

7.FREq - Avatar

8.BBE - Rumble in the jungle (Zen mechanics remix)

9.Earsugar - Guardian

Release date: Aug 16, 2010

I actually like a lot of ace ventura's stuff. The Light was remixed by zen mechanics and it's absolutely class ; Rebirth is more subdued but i can appreciate the subtleties and clean melodies. The kick does get a bit wearing and i doubt i'll be listening to it ten years from now but the guy's good at what he does.