Favorite melodies?

XpandoZ

Whenever I (try to) make music I usually start with a melody first :drama: Screw the drumtrack and rhythm etc. A melody can basically make or break a track for me and all my favorite tracks have melodies in them. The absolute best for me must be the ending of Transwave - Code S9 (that screaming, crying sound), followed by Etnica - Monkey Business (the part in the middle) and Transwave - The Rezwalker (how the hell do you come up with that). After that come most of the other popular Etnica/Pleiadians/Transwave/MFG/AP tracks in no particular order. Oddly enough, I never really liked Trip Tonite. It's an okay track but most of the others do much more for me.

Now give me some songs I don't have :clapping:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Am With Ya There, I Don't Create The Melodies First Tho :lol:

I Love A Good Catchy Melody To Dance To, Even tho I Don't Know how to Dance Worth A Damn. LOL :P

Melodies Are Essential For All Tracks,Wheather It Be A Groovy Noise Pattern or A Soft Piano Or Synth Lead Or Arpeggio.

Love Them All, As long As They Sound Good All Round.

Cheers

Ya Got Some tracks With Some Pretty Melodies?

Post'em If Ya Got'em ;)

Thanx

Astral Projection - "Mahadeva"

Astral Projection - "Kabalah"

Astral Projection - "Utopia"

X-Dream - "Our Own Happiness"

X-Dream - "The 2nd Room"

Transwave - "Adoration to the Aum"

Transwave - "Ulysse"

Chi-A.D. - all of "Virtual Spirit"

Man With No Name - "Silicon Trip"

Why all of you give mostly goatrance titles with melodies ?

There are thousand of recently released fullon tracks with as good melodies as goatrance had in middle 90's

Some examples

Cosmic Tone - Ye Boy (starting from 6:21 / end around 8th minute)

Sine Die - Life Hack (2:35 - 3:02 / this melody is again in the 2nd part of the track)

Tikal - Meditation (8:10 - 9:00)

Digicult - Cosmic Company (4:59 - until the ned of track)

Rumble Pack - Distorted Mind (5:55 - 6:47)

Mad Maxx - Boogie Woogie (5:30 - 6:40)

Prosper - Thinking About You (4:45 - 6:05)

There are so many to list :)

Fullon can be so beautiful with inteligent and catchy melodies.

There are thousand of recently released fullon tracks with as good melodies as goatrance had in middle 90's

I cant answer for everyone here, but I dont listen to modern full on : ) and i believe you when you say there are good melodies in some of the new stuff, but i have no plans in exploring it further.. ;)

Some examples

Cosmic Tone - Ye Boy (starting from 6:21 / end around 8th minute)

Sine Die - Life Hack (2:35 - 3:02 / this melody is again in the 2nd part of the track)

Tikal - Meditation (8:10 - 9:00)

Digicult - Cosmic Company (4:59 - until the ned of track)

Rumble Pack - Distorted Mind (5:55 - 6:47)

Mad Maxx - Boogie Woogie (5:30 - 6:40)

Prosper - Thinking About You (4:45 - 6:05)

There are so many to list :)

Fullon can be so beautiful with inteligent and catchy melodies.

It's not because there wouldn't be good full-on with great melodies. It's because there's such an amount of stuff released these days it's really hard to find the good tracks! If 1 out of 20 tracks is good it's really time consuming job to find out the goodies. Especially if you don't download.

Also tell me, have any of the above mentioned artists released a whole album where every track is class? Perhaps not? Many old schoolers have! So in conclusion, for one major track I strongly hesitate to buy an album...

Hallucinogen - "Deranger" - the part after the build up toward the middle of the track...

Infected Mushroom - "Virtual Voyage" - the melody that builds in before and then during the beat toward the middle of the track..

Pleiadians - "Maya" - melody toward the middle of the track

Hux Flux - "Snickesnack" and 'Equivelent Equations" - melodies toward the middle of the track - Hux Flux is underrated for melodies but their older work is insane that way - the new album didn't have really any though sadly...

Reefer Decree - "Pong" - melody in the second half of the track...

So many more, thats all I could think of now though...

I can not help getting a boner when I hear the melody in MWNN - Sugar Rush :wank:

That was the ringtone I had assigned to my exe a few years back. Amazing melody... I have a nice little piano version of it too :)