The official I am sorry Talpa thread!

NEMO.BOFH

I am listening to The Art of Being Non at the moment, and its so much better than I remember it. I dug it out since I compared it to IM, and I was listening to IM BP Empire yesterday, so I had to take a listen to this as well.... anyways, so after listening to it, I realize that I was totally wrong, and this album fucking totally rocks! :)

Thank you Talpa! :)

Nemo

It's nice but so far this album wasn't able to move me like Classical Mushroom, The Misted Muppet album or the Nystagmus album did. I might change my mind after trying to listen to it while tripping but so far it's the least promising from all the similar albums.

The mastering/gear lets it down a lot, obviously it was composed in a cheap studio - but his talent definitely shines through. Rebirth and the two downtempo tracks are excellent, and the rest is fairly decent too. :)

I am listening to The Art of Being Non at the moment, and its so much better than I remember it. I dug it out since I compared it to IM, and I was listening to IM BP Empire yesterday, so I had to take a listen to this as well.... anyways, so after listening to it, I realize that I was totally wrong, and this album fucking totally rocks! :)

Thank you Talpa! :)

Nemo

It did take you a few years, but congrats on realizing this :)

Listened to it at work once again and it still fucking totally rocks!

I'd even say Talpa > BP Empire > Nystagmus :)

The moon is the first psy track I listened to.

that's the only Talpa I know and I don't like it...

Posted Image

i really disagree.......

maybe 10% of the melodies are high pitched and epic-style. the other 90% isnt and the whole album has a mystic feeling.

its not remotely close to stuff i'd personally label as cheese.. especially compared to other stuff out there...

for me talpa manages to step into the braindance spectrum a bit.. whereas cheese doesnt even get me in the silly dance spectrum ;)

It's not the best Psy I've ever heard but it's pretty good.

Not cheese IMO

If you think this is cheesey then listen to The muses rapt - You. Now that is cheesey

"Cheese" is such a meaningless word for music - I actually didn't like the Talpa album in general because I thought it was too aggressive and grating - can tell it was made by a young male...

The intensity and the drive are amazing IMHO :)