Will 2007 be better than 2006?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Trance

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Chill

• Yes
    • No

So next week it's a new year! 2007 is just around the corner & I'm sure a lot of music will be released some bad some good some god damn awful some brilliant stuff!

But how do you think this scene will progress in the next year? Will we see a change or is it going to be more of the same!

Which sub genre do you think will release the best albums?

Which label do you think will release the best stuff?

Which artist do you know has some great stuff in the pipeline?

oh & for those that say 2007 will be 100% crap & that no modern music can compare to the oldschool sound.....

You sound like my dad :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a new Schlab comp and/or the promised second Ka-Sol album. And there should be a new Delta, right? An Extrawelt album doesn't seem entirely unlikely, either. So if two or more of those come in, I'll be relatively happy in terms of this scene.

I also expect the full-on trend will continue, but I predict it will start to lose steam by the end of the year and begin splintering into something more interesting.

I am not planning to spend too much time with the scene next year. Hope there will be interesting IDM/Minimal/Ambient releases and some interesting findings from the far past. Planning to listen to some Bob Dylan, Neil Young and the likes.

I'm not really up to date with the planned releases but Transwave sounds fine to me. And I'm very curious about the new Ra album that is planned from Suntrip.

I have a feeling prog psy will die just a little bit. But I hope not.

I'm thinking it will all be a bit more of the same and the prog things will go even more house'ish. Just like recent Tribal Vision releases, lots of DNox&Beckers- sort of music.

Although I do hope 2007 will be a great year for Iboga and their sublabels, and suchlike labels.

:unsure:

Well... Sending Orbs is going to be a label to watch in 2007, mainly because of the new Secede EP, a Secede album and a Secede/Kettel collaboration... all of these should be top quality, and Secede's output has never disappointed me this far.

PKS's label Chill Tribe Records also should be on your watch list as well, with a new compilation titled Ear Pleasure, should be a treat for chill lovers. Also Kristian's new album should be released on Chill Tribe, don't know when but hopefully it will maintain the brilliant quality level PKS has in his work.

Chillcode have released two compilations this year, Downbeat Liquid in particular was extremely refreshing (I haven't checked the other, though it's on my want list), and a new compilation is already planned... I hope to hear some more great chill from them.

Elsewhere, well Tribal Vision are always coming out with top quality progressive, so 2007 will be another good year for progressive.. :)

Myself, I'm looking forward to all the IDM I haven't dug up yet, there's a ton of old releases that will end up in my collection, and of course the new Sending Orbs stuff. Yes, 2007 will be another good year.

parvati is working on a very special split album with "Derango, Psilo Cowboys (Jahbo & Mussy Moody) and Maniac

Bubbles (Syntax Error & Eske from the Hokus Pokus project)."

Vapour is also going to be released next year (shameless plug) :rolleyes:

i'm also hoping to see a Tamlin album next year B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I think that 2007 will be a better vintage for the goatrance music than 2006 was, because, at least, more new/old school goa releases will see the light. I'm really looking forward especially to those albums:

Artist albums:

_ RA- "the 9th", can't wait to listen it!

_The three albums of Transwave (Backfire-Frontfire-Remixes): don't know if they will be all three released in 2007 though

_Lost Buddha - "Book of Life", if it will be released at the end of 2007.

_Second Ethereal album (2007?)

_Chi-a.d. album (2007?)

Compilations:

_"VA/Twist Dreams" of suntrip records

_ The upcoming old/new school goa VA/ of shivlink records

_"VA/Pure Planet 2" (Kadgila records)

_"VA/Fluorotronik" (Tranceform records), if the issues concerning the distribution will be solved...

I guess that unicorn will release some goa stuff for 2007 as well. And probably a few metapsychic releases to complete the great stuff that are waiting for us this new year. ;)

I'm hoping for a new Schlab comp and/or the promised second Ka-Sol album. And there should be a new Delta, right?

I am definitely looking forward for these ones..

parvati is working on a very special split album with "Derango, Psilo Cowboys (Jahbo & Mussy Moody) and Maniac

Bubbles (Syntax Error & Eske from the Hokus Pokus project)."

This one too..

I think the psy scene will deteriorate even more, a few gems might still emerge though...

The IDM scene is probably going to become a bit more generic , unfortunately, but still there's lots of potential for some wicked releases..

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'm hoping that :

Nabi records will keep up their standards with hardcore dark psy... really hope Dep Mental Trauma part 2 will beout soon\\

hope M.o.E finally release thier all girl producer compilation...

Dakini will release more of the Tribal Matrix style of break beat tribal fusion....

that progressive Tribal Vison style keeps coming out...

that Techtrance finally gets the acclaim it so deserves...

that I get my decks back, have to earn enuff cahsola first!

I am hoping for many things in 2007.

Looking forward to...

New Suntrip stuff, ALL OF IT.

New Par-2 comp, then maybe Jikkenteki album.

Any new Iboga (Ace Ventura, etc) and it's spinoff labels.

New Ultimae...has to be time for a new AES DANA release, or *drool*Hol Baumann release!

Looking forward to...

.......New Par-2 comp, then maybe Jikkenteki album.

As far as release of a new Jikkenteki album in 2007, there is no maybe on that (whether you want it is a different story) as it was finished last week :) We are trying to bankrupt ourselves in 2007 with 3 releases, VA - Mainspring Motion, Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity, Zekazy - Be Your Own Boss. Mainspring "should" be out next month (depending on the jacket artist) and "Flights" I could see coming out sometime March - May.

Album I personally want to see would include Metal Sharon, Eat Static and maybe something new from Psysex.

As far as release of a new Jikkenteki album in 2007, there is no maybe on that (whether you want it is a different story) as it was finished last week :) We are trying to bankrupt ourselves in 2007 with 3 releases, VA - Mainspring Motion, Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity, Zekazy - Be Your Own Boss. Mainspring "should" be out next month (depending on the jacket artist) and "Flights" I could see coming out sometime March - May.

SUH-WEET!

It's going to be hard to top Long Walk Home. You better be ready for me to yell at you "I was expecting LWH2!" ;)

SUH-WEET!

It's going to be hard to top Long Walk Home. You better be ready for me to yell at you "I was expecting LWH2!" ;)

Well it's all about expectations so get ready for it to be a complete sell out, sounding like a cross between Skazi and Britney Spears with some heavy Eurobeat and hip hop influences and lots of killer rock guitar!!! :P :P :P

Looking forward to...

New Suntrip stuff, ALL OF IT.

New Par-2 comp, then maybe Jikkenteki album.

Any new Iboga (Ace Ventura, etc) and it's spinoff labels.

New Ultimae...has to be time for a new AES DANA release, or *drool*Hol Baumann release!

hol baumann *drools in his tea*

Album I personally want to see would include Metal Sharon, Eat Static and maybe something new from Psysex.

Sweet, sweet sweet sweet, super sweet!

Great! Great Great! :)

Ott is putting out a new album right? That's all I care about mostly...

Abakus and Matenda are about due for another one too...

OTT, sure ;)

Abakus would be great

I want top see a new tripswitch album

his comp tracks this year have been :wub:

Im hoping theres some good full coming our way. I'd like tranan (or logic bomb ) to release some kik ass stuff in his new album and i wish they havent changed their style *crosses fingers*. The new mr peculiar should be worth looking forward to. I wish nissimyani would come together and release a full length album. Vibrasphere and ticon cant not get a mention :)

In the dark department , the new derango , goe , horror place , savage scream , datakult , mussy moody tra la la ... i just wish the 'dark' actually lives up to the term dark which has been lacking in most of the content being released under this genre. More emphasis on atmospheres than unnecessary boom boom ...

I just wish zolod was alive :( R.I.P baba