Will 2007 be better than 2006?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Trance

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Chill

• Yes
    • No

Well i really didn't like very much trance from 06', so i voted yes to 07' trance. I find music without melodies to be very boring, and it seems a lot of trance in 06' didn't have them. Psyknights was the most stand-out release of the year for me...and im not sure you could even consider that trance.

For chill, i voted no. I thought 06' was a pretty good year for chill. Some unique new sounds and everyone wasnt just trying to copy shpongle ;) Omnimotion's album was one of the best albums of the year IMO, if not the best :) If the chill in 07' is better than 06' i definately wont be dissapointed though :D

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not planning to spend too much time with the scene next year. Hope there will be interesting IDM/Minimal/Ambient releases and some interesting findings from the far past. Planning to listen to some Bob Dylan, Neil Young and the likes.

haha ever hear Neil Young - Harvest Moon? thats one of the most beautiful albums ive ever heard. Kind of like campfire music with acoustic guitar and harmonica. check that out if you never have.

• 6 months later...

Alot of great progressive releases this year... Way better than 2006.

Psychedelic/fullon didn't impress me much here in 2007. A couple of good releases, but you have to look really deep in the big bucket of CHEESE.

I never heard that much Chill albums... But Ten madison, the peaking goddess collection, flooting grooves and a couble of other albums really made an effect on me.