• 3/5
    • 2.5/5
    • 2/5
    • 1.5/5
    • 1/5
    • 0.5/5
    • 0/5

Guest Rezwalker

Does that mean you can only listen to oldschool in the day time?

nope. there are few good cd's nowdays but very few...for example : alpha circuit-module-z, wizzy noise last album, radical distortion , some talamasca tracks, astrix/illumination. im not totaly addicted to past. there are some good exceptions nowdays but for my taste i can't find up to 5-6 good albums per year from 2001 and then.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. there are few good cd's nowdays but very few...for example : alpha circuit-module-z, wizzy noise last album, radical distortion , some talamasca tracks, astrix/illumination. im not totaly addicted to past. there are some good exceptions nowdays but for my taste i can't find up to 5-6 good albums per year from 2001 and then.

We can close this thread now.

I don't listen to psytrance anymore... been OD'd with it (well mostly been OD'd by stuff that use same darn bassdrum/bassline/drum/VST/Effect kits over and over and over and over again, almost everything that is produced nowadays is focused on drugged ppl on the dancefloor, dull and boring repetive stuff... a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy (or maybe even replace 'copy' with 'remix'), still 'refuse' to listen to it and almost dislike anything new I hear nowadays, so;

0.5/5

Ok, here comes todays negative thoughts from me:)

I'm sure you can find some good tracks if you bother to dig through millions of crap (something most people don't have the time to do...) If there are good stuff out there, most of it is drowning...

But to be honest, I haven't heard a single album released in 2006 that I would rate 5/5...

The music is changed, and I guess I have become old fashioned... So maybe I am wrong because I am living in the past? Anyway, my personal opinion is that 99% of todays psytrance releases are crap...

What a dumb topic.

What "Ale" fails to see that even in the "golden era" of goatrance, 99% of the music was bland and uninspired, or then he just hasn´t heard that much "goa" to begin with.

Ahh, I looked at his profile and found this.

"i bought no 2006 psytrance releases because i don't like this old 2006 sound.

i find dark full on, israeli full on and clubby progressive very LOUSY!"

He probably does not understand that there´s much more to present "psytrance" than the aforementioned "genres", man I hate those words, "psytrance" and "genre"

People cant be bothered to search! They want the good old days when there were 3 releases a year so it was easy to choose.

People who say there is no good releases nowadays are just lazy IMO

there were quite a lot cds and labels out there in the golden area, not so much as now but almost all songs were good, no almost all songs are incredibly awful

there were quite a lot cds and labels out there in the golden area, not so much as now but almost all songs were good, no almost all songs are incredibly awful

This is my whole point Radi. The percentage of good music against bad music in the 90s was higher than it is today. The percentage of good music being released is now much lower, however there is more good albums released this year than in any year in the golden age. They are just harder to find.

its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.... way too much crap...and the degradation of the whole concept of the music is quite sad... it used to be something fresh,unique and interesting...now its just pill music.... :(

guys,what is the "bad music" of the 90's ? bad compared to what???

its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.... way too much crap...and the degradation of the whole concept of the music is quite sad... it used to be something fresh,unique and interesting...now its just pill music.... :(

guys,what is the "bad music" of the 90's ? bad compared to what???

Compared to the good music! Not every 90s release was amazing was it?

Compared to the good music! Not every 90s release was amazing was it?

No of course it wasnt...if it was all amazing,what would the amazing be? :P

But I cant come up with examples of bad goa of the 90's....i know it must exist,I just cant think of any...on the other hand,I can think of a lot of bad current psy....

;)

EDIT: I think most of the "bad" goa was in compis...just fillers...so it was more like average music,that you propably skipped to listen to the good stuff.Back then there was a bunch of artists that were the usual suspects in every masterpiece..and then the artists that were not so well known,they released a track here and there,or an obscure album...sometimes they made some mundane stuff,others made masterpieces....

now we have a shitload of those types,they pop an album every six months....and all the dinosaurs are either mutating or extinct...so...cherish your LP's and 90's cds.....

I think that you just don't remember the crap. I remember there being bad music but I can't remember the names, why would I?

In 10 years time you wont remember the reems of mediocre & crap artists that there are today. Only the great & the impossibly awful maybe :P

the way I see it :

back in the days you had oldschool, most of the time melodic goatrance .... So if you were into goantrance you probably liked everything coming out those days because there werenot much different styles to choose from ;...

nowadays you have way more substyles wich don't always connect to each other so it's easier to say that there is more crap being released wich is totally not the case imo ....

I'd say a 3 or 3.5. Sure the majority of psy is crap, but there are still some good tracks/albums coming out. Psy has a lot better ratio of good songs than other genres of music. A lot of people seem to be complaining about how there is nothing new or innovative. The fact is, there isnt much else that can be done with psytrance, and still have it be psytrance. I listen to tons of different genres of music, so i havent gotten burnt out on any particular style :)

So my vote goes for 3.5. If i was rating the AVERAGE psytrance track it would probably be 0.5, as would every other type of music..

the way I see it :

back in the days you had oldschool, most of the time melodic goatrance .... So if you were into goantrance you probably liked everything coming out those days because there werenot much different styles to choose from ;...

nowadays you have way more substyles wich don't always connect to each other so it's easier to say that there is more crap being released wich is totally not the case imo ....

Good point

It's true about the psytrance being pretty weak for the most part, a few albums here and there have got it though IMO (Fuzzion, Nystagmus, James Reipas)

------------

You know what is WAY better now though is all the psychill/downtempo stuff - Shpongle, Ott, IM, Shulman, Bluetech, Abakus, Electrypnose, Matenda, Tripswitch, Gaudi, Trentmoller - This has most all been since the year 2000 - we've had a whole slew of fantastic chill albums...

I'm mostly excited nowadays about the downtempo releases because they are the one's that are each really unique, true artist albums... Ott and Shulman are comming out with new albums, and I've heard both Talpa and Nystagmus are working on chill albums too...

Part of the problem with psytrance is that the BPM format doesn't allow as much creativity as the downtempo stuff...