• 3.5/5
    • 3/5
    • 2.5/5
    • 2/5
    • 1.5/5
    • 1/5
    • 0.5/5
    • 0/5

And I cant keep my self wondering "WHY?".... We had all the possibilities of a superb evolution of the genre (technological super-leaps forward, solid bases to draw inspiration from,etc etc) but it ended in a shipwreck....

Lack of new ideas.

As I said, I find few artists to create music with enough psychedelia, and they're mostly in the dark realms of it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of new ideas.

As I said, I find few artists to create music with enough psychedelia, and they're mostly in the dark realms of it.

but what happened that made the well of ideas go dry???

dark is another theme of controversy...what the majority of people call dark is those ear-bleeding madness tracks that seem to drill a hole in you head and spill your brains through your nostrils....I guess masochism is back in fashion...

;)

dark for me is MFG,FSOL,Sandman.....

dark is another theme of controversy...what the majority of people call dark is those ear-bleeding madness tracks that seem to drill a hole in you head and spill your brains through your nostrils....I guess masochism is back in fashion...

;)

dark for me is MFG,FSOL,Sandman.....

MFG & FSOL are certainly not dark for me..

Sandmand maybe.. From oldskool artists i would also say Toi Doi, Cydonia, Psychaos, Xenomorph, UX, Darshan , The Delta had dark edges in their music..

As for the ear-bleeding madness, well i agree it's not that dark, mostly twisted..I can't stand most of the 160BPM madness..

But have you heard to artists like e.g Para Halu ..(Album The World Of Peace , or Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Demonoizer or some Schlabbaduerst compilations or Derango - Tumult or Procs - Stuck In The Oven With Me.. I think you will like some of these.)

Many factors, probably that the scene expanded, most artists don't explore new ideas are blend with other genres.. (there are exceptions such as X-Dream maybe, or Electrypnose with his downtempo/chill album even featuring IDM)....