Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

take some time off and think about why it's so important for you to be a moderator.

e. JMP has left the building .. well, he's a guest.

Who sais it's that important? :) Just because I don't quit when I don't like some things going on here or because I get bitched at again and again? I personaly like this place but when it starts to annoy me so much that I can't mod here anymore (unless I don't feel like moding in general of course) then I can leave as well. And so far that's not how I feel. :)

Edit: I've allready made my mind uo during the last few days and weeks btw.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

otto .. you bastard, you where posting then you decided not to? <_< .. pie pie we all need pie thats why I'll go and eat me some pie (Greek hamburger (spicy) with fries and a bottle of chokolate milk) grr.

otto .. you bastard, you where posting then you decided not to? <_< .. pie pie we all need pie thats why I'll go and eat me some pie (Greek hamburger (spicy) with fries and a bottle of chokolate milk) grr.

Yeah, sometimes it's best not to be too sarcastic. But this thread is fun, I have to admit. Can't say I'm too sad to see TJMP/Mike D go. His inability to look inwardly caused him a lot of problems, including not getting along with people here. Be well, Mike.

Nah I was just worried you hate me or something :unsure:

Btw thanx for fixing the avatars, much appreciated :)

Dude, I told you in a previous thread that it takes pretty much nowadays to piss me off personally. :) And I love your humor with the Nemo fish, thats why I responded with Johnny Cash :lol: And yes, I listen a LOT to Johnny Cash, I have around 14 cds with stuff from him hehe

teoretical question:

when moderatrs get a lot of complaints and it shows that a lot of members are unhappy with those moderators. way of operating.

why isnt any action taken there?

Sometimes there is, like taking a warning back for example. There is also something to considering: mods always get a lot of complaints. Some people complain because there is not enough moding, some complain that there is too much moding. We try to somewhat find a solution for both sides. It's also known that several people here want an ummoded forum so every mod action is a reason for a complaint. Still, an unmoded forum is not an option at all for mars. It's his decision in the end so for whatever theoretical or practical questions it's best to adress him directly. :)

Sometimes there is, like taking a warning back for example. There is also something to considering: mods always get a lot of complaints. Some people complain because there is not enough moding, some complain that there is too much moding. We try to somewhat find a solution for both sides. It's also known that several people here want an ummoded forum so every mod action is a reason for a complaint. Still, an unmoded forum is not an option at all for mars. It's his decision in the end so for whatever theoretical or practical questions it's best to adress him directly. :)

ANd what is also funny is that since you came back Psytones, there have been a very big increase in complaints... oh, and also, before you came back, there was little fuzz about tihngs, and less moderation done... just a theoretical thought :D

teoretical question:

when moderatrs get a lot of complaints and it shows that a lot of members are unhappy with those moderators. way of operating.

why isnt any action taken there?

Lets continue this over and over again. This forum has a set of rules, which the OWNER of the forum has set. Everytime a member tests the boundries of these rules, and gets punished, he complains about it "cause it was not my intention, blah blah, sowwy me, blah blah". Now, you might think that this person should get a second chance, right? Yeah of course, if he is sincerely sorry about it... but then same person a couple of weeks later does the EXACT same thing... Well, do the math.

I hate to play the "parent" on this forum, and I am sure that the active mods of this forum do as well, but what choice is there if people simply do not want to adapt to the rules? Its like a kindergarden here ffs. I have said this so many times and I will again:

If you do not like this place and its rules, then leave this forum and never come back. Create your own forum with your own set of rules, but do not try to change this one, cause its USELESS. You have a lot of forums out there which are WAY worse when it comes to moderation, and you know what? The members complain less about moderation over there on those forums? WHY? I guess they have a little bit more self-respect and a bit more respect for the OWNER of those forums.

Harsh? Yes, very! And it WAS intended.

edit: psytones, why dont you try and go out and steal a car, then get caught, and TRY to say to the judge that you made a terrible misstake... maybe you will get away with it the first time, but hey, i bet you 100bucks that the 2nd time youll get to pick up the soap in the slammer.

:lol: and I thought I managed to delete the question :rolleyes:

grow out of your nutshells

Grow out of the forum... You obviously do not agree with the rules, nor respect the owners choice of rules. Can I come and shit on your carpet? :)

Now, that seems to be a good idea imo. Maybe we should do the same, to give the mods here some peace, and most of all, maybe force you guys to do something else than sitting infront of your screens all day long. Oh and dont try to say I am here all the time as well, and that I need a life as well... you know it not to be true... now CAN i come and shit on your carpet and steal your drugs!?

Yeah, sometimes it's best not to be too sarcastic. But this thread is fun, I have to admit. Can't say I'm too sad to see TJMP/Mike D go. His inability to look inwardly caused him a lot of problems, including not getting along with people here. Be well, Mike.

As a fellow moderator (on a bit larger place than this one) I'd like to extend a hug to Tatsu and hope she doesn't take all that shit she received from The Horny Man Project to her heart. You are 100% ok and you do have a big heart. Fair well mr. Troll, we'll see you when you'll come back in some months from now. They always do.

And Psytones for the 3425th time. If you don't like the rules of the place go elsewhere. How simple is that?

As a fellow moderator (on a bit larger place than this one) I'd like to extend a hug to Tatsu and hope she doesn't take all that shit she received from The Horny Man Project to her heart. You are 100% ok and you do have a big heart. Fair well mr. Troll, we'll see you when you'll come back in some months from now. They always do.

And Psytones for the 3425th time. If you don't like the rules of the place go elsewhere. How simple is that?

Oh Pavel... :wub:

Pssst Pavel! *wink* *wink* Want me to lower your warnlevel below zero for that, I loooooove you!! :P

(this is a joke btw)

I don't get why people complain about the rules...

Just like people complain about laws.. like its criminal to copy a copyprotected cd to your mp3 player here in finland :rolleyes: .. im adult i should have choice to read what i want instead someone else choosing it :drama:

end of rant :lol:

Oh Pavel... :wub:

Pssst Pavel! *wink* *wink* Want me to lower your warnlevel below zero for that, I loooooove you!! :P

(this is a joke btw)

As a moderator, I don't think you have the right to joke in front of people, as it could be seen as you share privileged relationships with one user more than another...