Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

You know what really is funny? Your post is from the 03.59, on 4:04 you've send me a PM asking for the link to the mentioned thread above. Still you feel like commenting this issue before you even knew what has happened, don't you feel like this is kinda cheap? For me at least it kinda makes it hard to take your opinion serious, sorry.

? that comment was about psynews as a whole.. it's not directed directly to that issue. But I'm still curious and would very much like to read about the spoken topic.

tsk :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there such a thing as members warning mods? Like "citizen's arrest"?

No but the rules apply to the mods and admins too. Therefor my and Nemo's warning level is not on zero anymore for example. And as you can see that size of this thread members are speaking up and with the mods anyway. ;)

? that comment was about psynews as a whole.. it's not directed directly to that issue. But I'm still curious and would very much like to read about the spoken topic.

tsk :)

The thread is still on the first page from the off topic forum. Shouldn't be that hard to find.

Infact I have a pretty high warn level for being an admin ;) And yes, I could get banned as well.

But here is what I think is funny, Psyforum.co.uk and isratrance and MANY other psy forums are WAY more moderated than this forum, yet you say that this is becoming way too moderated. Have you ever tried to act like a dick on those forums? And, is there a thread that lets you complain about moderation? I think in all fairness that this is THE ONE FORUM that is the LEAST moderated one out there.

Why dont you people that are not happy with the forum rules, and the moderation just get a cheap'o'server for around 3 euros a month, and start your own forum? ;)

I know I started 2 forums because I wanted to have some forums with LESS rules. Another funny thing, I started a forum with X-Scream and Insejn for Swedish psynews people, and there we do not seem to many problems at all? I wonder why....

oh, the link is www.psynyheter.net ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

I love how the mods can;t take a laugh at themselves either... POwER POWER POWER... there have been plenty of times when I was given less than basic respect...being called racist on many occasion whe I am not a racist at all... but not one mod stepped in then, even when I publicly asked for intervention t stop it...

I fidn you funny Tatsu... because you seem to forget how obvious that there are rules here for us, and none for th emods... you may think you show respect by not openly making disrespectufl comments, but your attitude in general to many of the people on here suck when you put on Your Moderator hat and march around like the Grand High Poobah!

I love how the mods can;t take a laugh at themselves either... POwER POWER POWER... there have been plenty of times when I was given less than basic respect...being called racist on many occasion whe I am not a racist at all... but not one mod stepped in then, even when I publicly asked for intervention t stop it...

I fidn you funny Tatsu... because you seem to forget how obvious that there are rules here for us, and none for th emods... you may think you show respect by not openly making disrespectufl comments, but your attitude in general to many of the people on here suck when you put on Your Moderator hat and march around like the Grand High Poobah!

Well, you've also failed to show basic respect several times, like getting very angry and calling other members names or just bitching around (remember our last talk on MSN, about your behaviour before and what you said youself about it?!) and you also didn't get a warning for most of your outbursts. Quite evens out imho.

So you openly admit that as a Mod you are not neutral in how you hand out warnings??

You have just said that you would rather let us be disrespectufl to each other so it evens out??

Rather hypocritical no??

I thought, or when I was mod years ago, I was told that mods were to be neutral and to hand out warnings on an equal and fair basis?

you just totally stuffed that up... you openly admit that you did not step in to help me, to warn people off, because I had been disrespectful in the past?

Well fuck mate, I'd rather you'd warned me all the time and warned them off me, like a mod is supposed to!... so that for abotu 16 month sFeathers did openly wrongly accuse me of racism, amongst other things, whilst yoou thought it was ok...

what a fucking joke of a mod you are!

Mars should sack you right now!

So you openly admit that as a Mod you are not neutral in how you hand out warnings??

You have just said that you would rather let us be disrespectufl to each other so it evens out??

Rather hypocritical no??

I thought, or when I was mod years ago, I was told that mods were to be neutral and to hand out warnings on an equal and fair basis?

you just totally stuffed that up... you openly admit that you did not step in to help me, to warn people off, because I had been disrespectful in the past?

Well fuck mate, I'd rather you'd warned me all the time and warned them off me, like a mod is supposed to!... so that for abotu 16 month sFeathers did openly wrongly accuse me of racism, amongst other things, whilst yoou thought it was ok...

in case you don't know, this kind of languages is what gets you warnings...

you are doing right now what you are complaining about ;)

whatever...

Rather hypocritical no??

Why don't you just chill out? All I was saying was that we generally don't warn people for name calling unless it gets really too far and/or the same event gets reported several times. So if you complain about people not getting warned for that while ou were also not warned for the same things, that evens out. You read my reaply in the way you want it to read and not in the way it was meant.

rrrriiiiight Nemo... so instead of sticking up for the point I obviously made... you try to turn away from the Mod... COZ YOUR ON ADMIN, No?

Impartial my arse... what a crock this is!

warn me, it doesn;t matter, coz no matter what the mods and admin are above us all and they are far rom fair and impartial... and you won;t even accept it when it's in your face!

no. you said what you said. so now you are taking it back. ok.

but I was called racits for over a year on a public forum. such a name is extremely unfiar, and hurtful in many ways. but you thought itwas ok coz I said fuck and cunt a few times.

I think racist is much worse than any of those!

no. you said what you said. so now you are taking it back. ok.

but I was called racits for over a year on a public forum. such a name is extremely unfiar, and hurtful in many ways. but you thought itwas ok coz I said fuck and cunt a few times.

I think racist is much worse than any of those!

I remember that event and Feather's is also still complaining because he actually thinks you ARE a racist. Both of you didn't get a warning, both of you think the other one should have gotten one. Interesting imho...

Oh and generally speaking:

It's kinda strange, in your first comment you were complaining about how strict the moderation here is:

You just realised??

I'm surprised where not getting google ads when we're not logged in... and bans for expressing our opinions... oh wait, we do get that...

yes this is turning slowly into a similar controlled state like Isratrance... what with the secret police reporting to the mods... and artits having more rights than long term users...

most of the fun has gone from here, but there is still room for a little bit...

I better shut up now before I get reported or warned... sorry Supreme Mother Tatsu and cohorts... :lol: :wank:

Now you are complaining because it’s not strict enought. Sorry but wtf?!

no I'm complaining that you are not impartial which is what your job is. to be impartial in your judgement.

so you obviously agree with feathers so you stuck up for me. ok then.

racism means banning...

ban me.

and let me make the poiint...

Feather accepted my explaanation and saidhe was over it.

I only ever asked for you and th eother mods to stop him from calling me a racist when he had no argument. I never asked for him to be warned. But he called me thename for over a year!?

I can;t beleive your even trying to defend you lack of action... or to justify it... why can't you apologise for it and move on?

but you want to argue and defend you actions os oyu stay a mod... and you're protected by your power and status whilst I'm not...

yet again the bullshit of being a mod is obvious but it's impossible for me to be right because you are the one in charge... fuck this! Please remove my account NOW!

no I'm complaining that you are not impartial which is what your job is. to be impartial in your judgement.

so you obviously agree with feathers so you stuck up for me. ok then.

racism means banning...

ban me.

Care to tell how you come to that conclusion? Because I told you what feathers thinks about that incident?

If I would have stuck up with feathers or you one of you would have been banned /warned then.

Clawfinger - Power

you're politically correct no matter what you say

convincing us all in every single kind of way

cos you frame the words so that we really believe

that there's a depth in the message that you're trying to achieve

so you twist your tongue to make it all sound true

making us believe that we haven't got a clue

you tell us all exactly what you think we want to hear

with theatrical tactics to boost your career

every promise you make is just a promise you break

and you can never admit that you could make a mistake

because you say one thing and you mean something else

you only care about yourself and your wealth

so all i say is

power to the one who doesn't want it

do you want it, why do you want it

with your military mind you were born a leader

and discipline and order is an everyday procedure

so bring out the man in every innocent boy

and teach them how to kill so they can search and destroy

to protect and to serve and die with honour and pride

you say you're fighting for peace but that's the biggest lie

you're preparing for war and your martial law

but you don't know what it's for anymore

so all i say is

power is a sickness power is to blame

power is a weapon and it's driving me insane

power is an enemy

power is pain

power is a war but to you it's just a game

power is glory

power is gold

power is chaos and you're out of control

power isn't freedom

power is a cage

power is your sin and it feeds my rage

:drama:

ban me now!! I really cannot believe this...

I remember that everyone understood that my orignal message came across worngly simply because of the way it was typed. Feathers even said he understood this and accepted my apolgy for the mistake.

You disgust me with this.

Ban me now and take me off your fucking msn. You make me fucking sick. Rot in hell.

and let me make the poiint...

Feather accepted my explaanation and saidhe was over it.

I only ever asked for you and th eother mods to stop him from calling me a racist when he had no argument. I never asked for him to be warned. But he called me thename for over a year!?

I can;t beleive your even trying to defend you lack of action... or to justify it... why can't you apologise for it and move on?

but you want to argue and defend you actions os oyu stay a mod... and you're protected by your power and status whilst I'm not...

yet again the bullshit of being a mod is obvious but it's impossible for me to be right because you are the one in charge... fuck this! Please remove my account NOW!

Yes he did, and still both of youstill argued about it later on and still both of you seem to have the urge to bring it up and still both feel treatened unfair. Funny, isn't it?

If you want your accout to be removed you have to tell Nemo since he's an admin and I'm not.

tatsu. maybe you should step off the plate and quit the moderator position on psynews? Try it :)

And then what? :) I'm not the only mod giving warnings, I'm just the only one who is actually trying to explain the reasons for it right now.

Fine. Can any of the admin remove my accounts please?

Tatsu, you really suck. You can;t even see how much you have hurt me. You are so hypocritical it's not funny. At least Nemo had the self dignity to step down.

You must enjoy the pathetic power you get from being a mod. God you suck.

And then what? :) I'm not the only mod giving warnings, I'm just the only one who is actually trying to explain the reasons for it right now.

take some time off and think about why it's so important for you to be a moderator.

e. JMP has left the building .. well, he's a guest.