Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

Well, you are right, Nemo should have left just the last part of his post. This:

So there, back to reviewing, cause this is what this part of the forum is all about. Any offtopic comments from now on will be deleted. If you got a problem with that, then post it somewhere else or report it. Just leave your CRAP out of this part of the forum, CAPISH!?

It's a pitty when people start such discussions in the Reviews section. These discussions would be very interesting in General section. We want the reviews sectin to be "clean", meaning we only want people to see there reviews, and nothing else.

Buzzman, your "drinking from the toilet" expression started everything. You cannot do that in the reviews section! People expressed THEIR PERSONAL opinnions about the album. Same goes for the rest who participated to the discussion, but you are the one who provoked them. I hope you won't do it again.

Nemo, if you don't mind, I'm setting your post invisible.

Thanks. That will do, although I would have thought deleting / hiding his post completely would be a better option because - for someone who hasn't been following the 'discussion' - it is werid that he says to cut down the offtopic stuff, when in fact there isn't any?

Just my thoughts :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. That will do, although I would have thought deleting / hiding his post completely would be a better option because - for someone who hasn't been following the 'discussion' - it is werid that he says to cut down the offtopic stuff, when in fact there isn't any?

True, true.

Yes, but on the other hand people who were allready discussing or reading the discussion know it really has to stop. The rest can guess what was going on...

I didnt set MY post invisible for the LAST part of my post, to get on going with the reviewing, instead of bitching at eachothers taste and production skills... Yeah, maybe I should have deleted the rest of my post, but I simply did not have time for it.

Buzzman, if your english is not good enough to express your opinions, and you have to use phrases that insults people (Like drinking from toilets) Maybe you should take an English course, and then come back to this forum, Or just simply try to be nicer with what you post.

You are aware that you insulted around 60% of this forums members, right?

Skall jag ta det pa svenska? Oder Deutsch? Ik kan het ook en Nederlands doen, o porque no en espanol? Maybe a forum that speaks your language understands you better?

We chase misprinted lies

We face the path of time

And yet I fight

And yet I fight

This battle all alone

No one to cry to

No place to call home

Oooh...oooh...

Oooh...oooh...

My gift of self is raped

My privacy is raked

And yet I find

And yet I find

Repeating in my head

If I cant be my own

Id feel better dead

Oooh...oooh...

Oooh...oooh...

:drama:

Buzzman, if your english is not good enough to express your opinions, and you have to use phrases that insults people (Like drinking from toilets) Maybe you should take an English course, and then come back to this forum, Or just simply try to be nicer with what you post.

You are aware that you insulted around 60% of this forums members, right?

So you are discriminating me, for not speaking english as good as you, because its not my first language!! Thats cool bro... Whos insulting who now? You are taking a direct hit at me as person for not speaking english as good as you! NICE!

And in Denmark "drinking from the toilet" is a way of speech! I allready apologized for hearting ya feelings didn't i? But oh... you deleted that message!!!!

Don't understand why your so sensitive about a "way of speech".

So you are discriminating me, for not speaking english as good as you, because its not my first language!! Thats cool bro... Whos insulting who now? You are taking a direct hit at me as person for not speaking english as good as you! NICE!

And in Denmark "drinking from the toilet" is a way of speech! I allready apologized for hearting ya feelings didn't i? But oh... you deleted that message!!!!

it's very simple,

review section is about reviewing and not telling people to drink out of a toilet :lol: (nice one by the way) but more fitted for off topic,

if it's a matter of speech, well this is a international forum so it's u misunderstanding

let it rest, there's no need :)

life can be simple

peace

it's very simple,

review section is about reviewing and not telling people to drink out of a toilet :lol: (nice one by the way) but more fitted for off topic,

if it's a matter of speech, well this is a international forum so it's u misunderstanding

let it rest, there's no need :)

life can be simple

peace

Yeah, I'll let it rest...

But all i wanted was to share my oppinion on the album, din't want to offent anyone.... Sorry about that, i just thought it was a funny thing to say:D

But nemo is an idiot for dissing my english! Guess he's not mann anough to apologize like I did:)

Looks like your english is perfect when you want to insult.

If you want to write an apology, the Reviews section is not the right place. Off Topic section, yeah.

Looks like your english is perfect when you want to insult.

If you want to write an apology, the Reviews section is not the right place. Off Topic section, yeah.

I don't have so many words to use, but i know how to use the words i got:D And i was just writing the apology the same place where i offented people, otherwise people wont read it maby! But hey, i have to be dissed for that to hah??

Nemo, let it rest man. Buzzman, calling people an idiot is surely not a figure of speech in Denmark...

Discussion closed, move on, nothing to see here. :)

Posted Image

No but i don't take shit from guys like him! Dissing my english... Very mature to get personal! I can see! In my eyes he is an idiot for doing that

Dude, you said YOURSELF that your English is not good enough to express yourself, thats why I took it up, nothing more, nothing less. ;)

And sorry, I have lived in Denmark, I SPEAK Danish, and I socialize quiet a LOT with Danish people both online and offline, and for them even if I said "Du drikker sgu fra toiletten mand!" or "Har du drukket..." it would be taken as an insult. Maybe not amongst FRIENDS, but coming from a TOTAL STRANGER I bet some of the finest danish Tuborg drinkers would slap you in the face for it ;)

So, I dont feel the urge to apologize to you at all at this very moment, as I have not insulted you in ANY WAY. And may Ganesha be my witness that I have apologized many times to members that I have insulted, and I mean really INSULTED!

So get over it!

No but i don't take shit from guys like him! Dissing my english... Very mature to get personal! I can see! In my eyes he is an idiot for doing that

Keep cool, man. and don`t take everything so seroius. It`s just a forum and you know that Internet is what it is.

;)

Dude, you said YOURSELF that your English is not good enough to express yourself, thats why I took it up, nothing more, nothing less. ;)

And sorry, I have lived in Denmark, I SPEAK Danish, and I socialize quiet a LOT with Danish people both online and offline, and for them even if I said "Du drikker sgu fra toiletten mand!" or "Har du drukket..." it would be taken as an insult. Maybe not amongst FRIENDS, but coming from a TOTAL STRANGER I bet some of the finest danish Tuborg drinkers would slap you in the face for it ;)

So, I dont feel the urge to apologize to you at all at this very moment, as I have not insulted you in ANY WAY. And may Ganesha be my witness that I have apologized many times to members that I have insulted, and I mean really INSULTED!

So get over it!

Pshhh

Pshhh

Okey, lets go to vesterbro in Copenhagen, you bump into a conversation with complete strangers, and you say what you just said to complete strangers here on the forum.... I REALLY want to be there to see what happens...

You were wrong, its THAT simple.

What a lucky me that I speak so many languages eh? :lol:

Yes, but on the other hand people who were allready discussing or reading the discussion know it really has to stop. The rest can guess what was going on...

I didnt set MY post invisible for the LAST part of my post, to get on going with the reviewing, instead of bitching at eachothers taste and production skills... Yeah, maybe I should have deleted the rest of my post, but I simply did not have time for it.

Don't you think that hiding the off-topic posts would be enough of a sign that this kind of debates are not tolerated in review threads? I mean, come on! You're not the only intelligent people on the forum! :P

@ Buzzman: About the language thing. Most of people here are not using English as their first language! If you know you can't express what you want to say in an acceptable manner, then refrain from writing at all. That's what I do - when I want to comment on something, but I can't find words for my thoughts I simply don't reply. Probably it is not so important in General or Off-Topic sections, but it's crucial in Reviews section! If someone doesn't like the album, but can't come up with nothing better than "It sucks!" or claims that "no effort has been put into sound production and quality" without having a slightest knowledge in this area, then he's simply wasting time of other people. When I read the reviews I want to know WHY someone likes it or not. "It sucks!" is far from being informative :)

And BTW, your English is fine as far as I can tell. Somewhere around psynews' average, so I guess that's a poor excuse :P

About the language thing. Most of people here are not using English as their first language! If you know you can't express what you want to say in an acceptable manner, then refrain from writing at all. That's what I do - when I want to comment on something, but I can't find words for my thoughts I simply don't reply. Probably it is not so important in General or Off-Topic sections, but it's crucial in Reviews section! If someone doesn't like the album, but can't come up with nothing better than "It sucks!" or claims that "no effort has been put into sound production and quality" without having a slightest knowledge in this are, then he's simply wasting time of other people. When I read the reviews I want to know WHY someone likes it or not. "It sucks!" is far from being informative :)

And BTW, your English is fine as far as I can tell. Somewhere around psynews' average, so I guess that's a poor excuse :P

I couldn't find the right words, i dont know so many fine words. And your right about what you say... BUT! I never said anything about sound quality

Why do everyone keeps saying that!? I said that i couldn't hear anything catchy, that i thought the sound was messy(you dont know wich genre it is) and that i didn't see anything special about the release!! read it again if you like... ANd in my oppinion it DO SUCK!

The rest is words that you have putted in my mouth, and i don't like people doin' that! And it was the following discussion i couldn't eexpress myself in, when you all attacked me becasue i said the thing about the toilet..

And for Nemo: I often say: Du må da ha' drukket af toilettet!" to people with a smile on my face... And people just laugh at it! So don't give me your Mr. Serious police officer bullshit, caus i use that way of speech often! Also people i don't now when im at a club or something.

Don't you think that hiding the off-topic posts would be enough of a sign that this kind of debates are not tolerated in review threads? I mean, come on! You're not the only intelligent people on the forum! :P

Let's close this issue I hope:

Whenever mods take action in a topic, we write reason for moderating. Personally I would hate it to see a topic moderated and not knowing who did it, and why. I'd like to believe it that regular members feel the same.

If i see an old review topic that contains off topic posts, I may moderate without writing an explanation.

But if the topic is actual and "rolling", moderator may step in to draw a "!", and annouce everybody when he/she changes the course of the topic.

Well you know, let's continue that: one of the mods set the posts invisible without telling people to stop, they still continue to discuss (this has happened befoer, mind you), and then sooner or later you hand out warnings. You know what would happen? Warned users crying: you can't do that, why didn't you tell me something before you gave me the warnings and so on.

Besides that, so many posts have allready been set invisible in the review forums, still people continue their off topic discussions so we have to set new posts invisible... And mind you, this has nothing to do with the intelligence of the people in the forum, more with not caring (imho).

Okey, lets go to vesterbro in Copenhagen, you bump into a conversation with complete strangers, and you say what you just said to complete strangers here on the forum.... I REALLY want to be there to see what happens...

You were wrong, its THAT simple.

What a lucky me that I speak so many languages eh? :lol:

And by the way... JEG ER FRA SYDHAVNEN/VESTERBRO! maby not in stuck up Hellerup, or if you get stopped by the cops, but a normal cobenhagen would take it as a joke, if you notice my smiling face when i say it!

The beuty of this forum is all the nitpicking going on... :lol:

Buzzman i like you! I'll put you in my riot list and you'll have to join the riot team when necessary!

But why don't you both stop it? You ended up arguing over a fucking phrase! Just forget about it, shake hands and cross kiss each other! I'm sure you'll become good friends with Nemo in the future on this boards! Believe me....

Don't be malakes both of you!

:)