Complaints about Moderation.

NEMO.BOFH

moderation schmoderation....

I just wonder why so many NON mods are not coming here too often anymore =) I mean, not even one of my good friends likes to come here anymore....

Who's that you're talking about?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rational angle is somewhere between reger's and moni's. Both are right. Off-topic isn't entirely about being "readable" and communicative, it's also about expressing oneself, and often that takes the form of what most would call spam. Either way, to hinder or censor one's expression is essentially a violent act, and to spam someone's forum, when there are rules against such a thing, is essentially violent too. The key is finding some compromise. As in, if you have to spam, do it with some tact, and if you have to moderate, do it, too, with some feeling for what's really harming people. My opinion.

That's my point of view too. I just tend to believe that this is not really possible here with some peoplel. even with nearly no moderation people tend to whine about most if not all actions that are taken. With that a balanced view, also for us mods, is not exactly easy to get.

That's my point of view too. I just tend to believe that this is not really possible here with some peoplel. even with nearly no moderation people tend to whine about most if not all actions that are taken. With that a balanced view, also for us mods, is not exactly easy to get.

if you spoil the people with freedom of speech, it follows people are going to react when (random?) censorship does get applied. i know this isn't the most constructive of babbles but it's how i see it. on a forum with tight moderation no'one cares when stuff gets censored continuessly. on psynews all the little moderation-quirks just happen to stand out from the otherwise free-flowing river of thought (aka spam). :):P

He can post himself if he does not want to come here... And look at Exotics post from today?! Also a dear friend of mine that is kind of "tired" of the continous "bullshit"... Correct me if I am wrong my dear friend! :D

Why is Feathers and Pixie Janet not here that often!? Why is it that mostly the spammers and negative people are left (well, sorry, there are some of you positives around as well) OD, where is he gone to? (I know you just posted you twat haha). Let me tell you where these people are.... on OTHER forums, where the people actually respect eachother, respect the rules, and respect the music.... (And dont ask me which forum that might be, because I want my peace on those forums hehe).

Yeah, im harsh, and I am sorry about being so...

Another funny thing is those people that HATED cinos and radi, that NOW are complaining, or saying it was wrong to ban them... Talk about being two-faced. At least stand up for your point of view... that way maybe you will get more respect. Fuck I am tired of this eternal bullshitting about Moderation this and Moderation that, ill say it for the last time.

DONT LIKE THE RULES, THEN GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!

if you spoil the people with freedom of speech, it follows people are going to react when (random?) censorship does get applied. i know this isn't the most constructive of babbles but it's how i see it. on a forum with tight moderation no'one cares when stuff gets censored continuessly. on psynews all the little moderation-quirks just happen to stand out from the otherwise free-flowing river of thought (aka spam). :):P

random blah, does not matter if it is random or if its done firmly, same bitching going on anyways. read my post above

Imho the point of the random quirks, as you call them, is that (some) people think it's cool to push the boundaries as soon as they see that the moderation is not that strict anymore. And then if the moderation starts again they can't take it. Sure, a very strict moderated forum would us all prevent from that but it's also not what the majority wants so we have to find another way to get along.

My lord, that irritated me so much you wont beleive it.

Freestyle is nothing but absolute shit. A place for people who are "trying" to be funny, but are failing miserably.

EDIT: If the age-old rule of "only speaking when you have something intelligent or funny to say" applied to you reger, I think we would be hearing a hell of a lot less from you.

you only added that one because you cant get along with the first one too well, so it seems :lol:

now, let me check...

holy shit :o youve posted at freestyle quite alot too :posford: now whats wrong with that now, did some of us steal your attention?

Couldnt agree more. Except I feel its more a 70% - 30% split in regers favour with regards to not compromising.

tuc tuc, i couldnt care less for your puny opinion d00d, find someone else to pick at ;)

you only added that one because you cant get along with the first one too well, so it seems :lol:

That doesnt even make sense.

now, let me check...

holy shit :o youve posted at freestyle quite alot too :posford: now whats wrong with that now, did some of us steal your attention?

Id love to see the post count comparison between me and you for that thread. And no reger, you could never steal my attention. Im in a different league to you.

tuc tuc, i couldnt care less for your puny opinion d00d, find someone else to pick at ;)

"Wha'eva! I do whaddiwaunt!"

You go girlfriend.

That doesnt even make sense.

Id love to see the post count comparison between me and you for that thread. And no reger, you could never steal my attention. Im in a different league to you.

"Wha'eva! I do whaddiwaunt!"

You go girlfriend.

haha, dude, go clean sand out of your vagina ;)

it doesnt make sense, indeed, mr king of humor :lol:

who gives a shit about post comparison, since when youve become one of those who bitches about it?

and evan, dont call me "girlfriend", k, thats not nice, so if there isnt anything else, but moaning about how bad i am and how much freestyle sucked [despite you being among the top visitors of that place], to say id appreciate your intelligent or funny input in this thread.

when there is something i dont like more than usual, i dare to disagree. you can stay silent for anything that happens around.

what i dont like is, moderators are hardly posting themselves and i rarely see them browsing this forum. perhaps we need new moderators ;)?

Yeap, Feathers will sort it out somehow

Another question rather than a complaint: does anybody know whether email alerts for PMs are working at the moment?

I think they are not working at the moment, as we are migrating.... :) Sorry for the inconvenience mate :(

I think they are not working at the moment, as we are migrating.... :) Sorry for the inconvenience mate :(

That's OK. Do you know whether a backlog of email alerts for recently-sent PMs will appear in the future? I ask because I have attempted to contact an inactive poster by PM, and I'd like him to know about it but I don't want to inadvertently hassle him.

That's OK. Do you know whether a backlog of email alerts for recently-sent PMs will appear in the future? I ask because I have attempted to contact an inactive poster by PM, and I'd like him to know about it but I don't want to inadvertently hassle him.

I do not think so. :(

Nemo, you still get the reported posts on pm, right?

Yes, but only via PM, not via mail. :(

Naive member's question:

Was Stalker and Gnome warned in that thread just because that guy was an artist...? Cause -after of years of psynewsing- i'm quite sure it would never happen if it was some other random person!

:)